SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

It has gone a bit quiet. My latest update is that my Son's Australian citizenship has been requested and the day I receive it ill be letting my CO know.

Exciting DaveS, are you going to have an Aussie BBQ to celebrate? lol from memory my sons came through fairly quickly so hopefully yours will too.

How's the packing going? Got anything boxed up yet?

Dear All, I have my nursing registration letter now, but have to wait now for my spouse visa, have been told it will be at the earliest 21 July, so have resigned myself to this, that will be 5 months, and 6 months since I have seen my husband. But feel lucky that my circumstances are different to some as my OH is not in the armed forces, and know we will see each other again, but miss him so much:em4600: x

Dear All, I have my nursing registration letter now, but have to wait now for my spouse visa, have been told it will be at the earliest 21 July, so have resigned myself to this, that will be 5 months, and 6 months since I have seen my husband. But feel lucky that my circumstances are different to some as my OH is not in the armed forces, and know we will see each other again, but miss him so much:em4600: x

Aw PollyGirl, can you not fly out earlier and then go offshore when it's visa granting time? I feel for you, I can't imagine being away from my df, hopefully time will fly by and you can make the most of the UK whilst you're here...is there anything that you'd like to do before you go?

Guest charleysmum74

Submitted application end of March, only outstanding document is Aus Fed Police check. Have been told processing time is 5-6 months.

Have applied for a job which has the prospect of a 457 visa, CO informed me that it is possible to enter on a 457 in the interim until spouse visa is granted, you just have to leave the country for 3 days whilst it is granted (good excuse for a trip to Fiji!). My husband has also applied for a job, if he is successful I am going to go on a visitors visa so I can get a house sorted etc.

Have sent a couple of emails to my CO, SV over last week but have had no reply. Is anyone else having problems hearing back from this CO? She is very monosyllabic in any responses she makes to any queries I have made to her. My friend's CO sounds like an absolute joy, really friendly and full of help and advice.

How is everyone else finding their relationships with their CO's?!

Aw PollyGirl, can you not fly out earlier and then go offshore when it's visa granting time? I feel for you, I can't imagine being away from my df, hopefully time will fly by and you can make the most of the UK whilst you're here...is there anything that you'd like to do before you go?

No unfortuntately I can't, my contract had a clause in it which meant that I had to give 3 months notice and due to not having a clear VISA date couldn't start that process until my CO gave a all clear with everything. Nightmare, as if I had tried to break the contact, it may have caused problems for me having a reference for future employment in OZ. I wish people realised how stressful this VISA process is :em4600: counting down now

Guest ScOz
Hi I am new, submitted partner 309/100 feb 23rd CO assigned feb 27th requesting police and medical, medical done 6th march and police cert, had email to say no further info required visa should be ready to grant in July.

Welcome and congrats on at least getting told that you do not need any further info. Who is your CO (initials only), and when did you get the e-mail? Has your partner gone or are you both going together? All best and hope the wait isn't to drawn out for you!!

Here's someting I didn't know about spouse visas

When you are granted the 309 you have one year to validate and then supposedly 4 more years to make the move

HOWEVER

If you are still in the UK 2 yrs later when the 100 is granted for PR then you have to validate a second time or make the move within the year so here was us thinking we had 5 yrs to make the move and suddenly its panic stations we now only have 11 months or we will have to validate again.

I am not complaining, maybe its the kick up the backside we needed to get us moving, I just never realised we would have to.

Does everyone else already know this and its me being a bit slow on the uptake?

Metoo

Welcome and congrats on at least getting told that you do not need any further info. Who is your CO (initials only), and when did you get the e-mail? Has your partner gone or are you both going together? All best and hope the wait isn't to drawn out for you!!

Hi, had the e-mail this week my CO is LG, my husband and I and children fly out together in sept really looking forward

My CO is MT....still drumming fingers...

Hi Playghirl, our CO was MT as well. She doesn't usually say anything other than the application is progressing and doesn't normally give any other details.

We applied very early September last year and ours was granted just before Christmas, so it was just under 4 months all up.

Good luck!

Edited by west49th
Typo

Hi, had the e-mail this week my CO is LG, my husband and I and children fly out together in sept really looking forward

Hi Donnapow33

Congratulations on the email confirmation, my husband applied a few weeks before you, his CO is also LG, we would love to hear when his visa was due to be granted, we are not booking flights etc until we have confirmation, hope we hear soon as we planning on moving in November/December. We are having shipping companies give quotes at the moment, we plan to move to either Brisbane or Hervey Bay (my parents live there) but will depend on where hubby can find work. Where are you planning to move to?

Best of luck to you all!

Guest Bamber

Hi all,

My CO is also MT. After I completed my medical, I emailed her to check she received the results - she confirmed that she had and that I will receive my visa either the beginning of August or beginning September. She said she didn't need anything further from me.

I was pretty surprised as I thought you only found out whether the visa was granted when they were ready to give it to you.

Has anyone else had similar news?

Hi Donnapow33

Congratulations on the email confirmation, my husband applied a few weeks before you, his CO is also LG, we would love to hear when his visa was due to be granted, we are not booking flights etc until we have confirmation, hope we hear soon as we planning on moving in November/December. We are having shipping companies give quotes at the moment, we plan to move to either Brisbane or Hervey Bay (my parents live there) but will depend on where hubby can find work. Where are you planning to move to?

Best of luck to you all!

Hiya, we moving to the sunshine coast my husbands parents live there, we not taking much best quote we had was with pss removals, send a email to CO to ask is anything else needed that's what I did.

Hi Donnapow33

Best of luck to you all!

Hello!

I've got LG too!

x

Hiya, we moving to the sunshine coast my husbands parents live there, we not taking much best quote we had was with pss removals, send a email to CO to ask is anything else needed that's what I did.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, we just sent LG an email requesting if they could update us on Hubby's visa application, asked if they were able to indicate if he would be granted perm/temp? (He is a Police Officer on the Diplomatic Protection Group based in London, we were hoping for permanent so that he could apply to the Queensland Police Force, he needs to be a permanent resident in order to work in a government position). We also asked when the visa was likely to be granted. CO responded immediately and stated that hubby would be granted a permanent visa and would be issued in July :biggrin: so happy and such a relief to now have a time frame to work with. The sunshine coast is a beautiful part of the world.

Sounds like good news! Congrats.

Perhaps they are getting quicker if its only taking 5 months now. Woot.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, we just sent LG an email requesting if they could update us on Hubby's visa application, asked if they were able to indicate if he would be granted perm/temp? (He is a Police Officer on the Diplomatic Protection Group based in London, we were hoping for permanent so that he could apply to the Queensland Police Force, he needs to be a permanent resident in order to work in a government position). We also asked when the visa was likely to be granted. CO responded immediately and stated that hubby would be granted a permanent visa and would be issued in July :biggrin: so happy and such a relief to now have a time frame to work with. The sunshine coast is a beautiful part of the world.

Hi,

Hiya, that's good news same as me getting the permanent visa and in July, it is a big relief to know :biggrin: