General Skilled Migration Program - capping and amendment of CSL

George Lombard

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Dawn,

Notice you are from Portsmouth, whereabouts?

We are in Widley.

Great site this, isn't it?

Hi, I live in Tipner, near Stamshaw and Mountbatten centre. And yes, its a great site- I wouldnt manage without talking to people on here !! :yes:

Guest Mike&lou
Although to be honest im only really interested in Qeeunsland, I have a friend( fellow )sparks in WA hes been there since jan and has told me that for a sparks it is very cutthroat out there at the moment,and i have a cousin in NSW and he says it is very difficult there also.

Also I am from South Africa, already got police checks for there, so time is an issue. booking meds and pc for uk today.

What has been the waiting time for 176 visas to be granted..

Thanks

Hi allen i know you a very busy man, but is it possible to shed some light, i would really appreciate it. thank you

All you sparks would be better doing the research yourself,or as i said,maybe ask chris mac,he will have an idea. agents like allen collet will only give you so much info before he refers you to his company,you dont "need him" to find those things out.

Guest pokerface

Hi

I just need some reassurance off George or Allan. We applied in May 2008 176 State Sponsored. Got a CO 22/12/08 who reqested meds & pccs. These have been done & sent & have been waiting since. Up until yesterday we thought we were home & dry & it would only be a matter of weeks if not days until we heard if we would be granted. Please tell me we won't have to wait until after July 09 when the financial year starts. Have emailed my agent earlier this afternoon but had no reply yet. Feel at the moment that everything is against us, it has not been an easy 19 months since we started this process. Not sure my sanity could take another setback.

Thanks.

All you sparks would be better doing the research yourself,or as i said,maybe ask chris mac,he will have an idea. agents like allen collet will only give you so much info before he refers you to his company,you dont "need him" to find those things out.

I have to stand up for Allen if I gave away my work as he gives imformation for free I would be bankrupt & why not steer us to his company sounds like a very good buisinessman to me. Thankyou Allen

I have to stand up for Allen if I gave away my work as he gives imformation for free I would be bankrupt & why not steer us to his company sounds like a very good buisinessman to me. Thankyou Allen

Thats my point kirk, he will only go out of his way so much,im not having a pop at him.

I am really confused. Is the critical skills list different to the MODL. If my partner (a carpenter) and I wanted to apply for a Skilled Independent Visa 175 how long would we be waiting for? We were advised by the australian gov at an expo last year to expect anywhere between a year and eighteen months anyway.

Also we cant even apply until Oct (as we only moved in together that time last year) so it it likely to be reviewed again before then?

Danielle and MJ

OK, because I'm a nice bloke, here are the States and Territories sponsoring General Electricians (ASCO Code 4311-11) for subclass 176 visas: (at present) all of them apart from NSW (which is sponsoring the subclass 475 visa).

Best regards.

I am really confused. Is the critical skills list different to the MODL. If my partner (a carpenter) and I wanted to apply for a Skilled Independent Visa 175 how long would we be waiting for? We were advised by the australian gov at an expo last year to expect anywhere between a year and eighteen months anyway.

Also we cant even apply until Oct (as we only moved in together that time last year) so it it likely to be reviewed again before then?

Danielle and MJ

Yes, the CSL is a different list to the MODL which is a different list to the SOL.

Have you spoken with an agent to guide you as to your visa strategy?

Best regards.

Dear Allen,

I am happy about your message,i have lodged my online visa ve 175,and now i applied Victoria state sponsorship,till now i am not getting any confirmation or acknoledgement more than 20days.i just mailed to them about my application till now they not mail to me .Please tell what is going on there,will i send second mail to them?

Please reply

ritu

Guest asrais
All 176 jumpers...:confused:

Just a little question...When you change from 175 to 176 does this alter your lodgement date??

After waiting 7 months already dont want to have to start at zip again..

As far as I know it doesn't.:unsure:

Guest scubabud

Hi

My OH is painter and decorator has his trade been taken off the list also as he's fast approaching 44 we really need to get pm, if we go for state sponsorship he will be too old to them apply for pm. can anyone give any advise, really gutted that we may not be able to go

Hi

My OH is painter and decorator has his trade been taken off the list also as he's fast approaching 44 we really need to get pm, if we go for state sponsorship he will be too old to them apply for pm. can anyone give any advise, really gutted that we may not be able to go

As Alen collett has advised talk to your agent most on here are in the same boat & might give you the wrong info.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi

I just need some reassurance off George or Allan. We applied in May 2008 176 State Sponsored. Got a CO 22/12/08 who reqested meds & pccs. These have been done & sent & have been waiting since. Up until yesterday we thought we were home & dry & it would only be a matter of weeks if not days until we heard if we would be granted. Please tell me we won't have to wait until after July 09 when the financial year starts. Have emailed my agent earlier this afternoon but had no reply yet. Feel at the moment that everything is against us, it has not been an easy 19 months since we started this process. Not sure my sanity could take another setback.

Thanks.

Hi Pokerface

Given that you are State Sponsored your application should not be affected by the latest changes to the CSL.

Good luck and I hope they won't keep you waiting for much longer.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Dear Allen,

I am happy about your message,i have lodged my online visa ve 175,and now i applied Victoria state sponsorship,till now i am not getting any confirmation or acknoledgement more than 20days.i just mailed to them about my application till now they not mail to me .Please tell what is going on there,will i send second mail to them?

Please reply

ritu

Dear ritu

This was your first message on this thread:

Hi

I am new to the forum,I just heard the news from ABC live,it is 20% migrant cut,and new csl effect from today onwards.So please share your message here.My time line is follows,

Job General elect rician,

high risk country

11-03-09 online lodged

Is it my application will affect the latest changes?

Please message to me

Ritu

Am I right in thinking that you are not in Australia and you did not do your work training in Australia? I want to check this with you because there is a quarrel going on in VIC about ASCO Group 4 applicants (trade skills) who did their trade training courses at colleges in VIC. There are allegations that false documents have been circulating in VIC which supposedly relate to the student visa training courses. The Federal Government is investigating the alleged Immi fraud.

Meanwhile the VIC State Government has suspended consideration of all State sponsorship applications where the applicant's occupation is in ASCO Group 4. However I am not sure whether this only applies to Group 4 applicants who were trained in VIC recently or whether they have just put a complete blanket ban on all Group 4 applicants for the time being.

You are right that TAS have said that they will not consider any more State Sponsorship applications except in accordance with the new policy which they are devising, and they say that they will resume processing on 20th April in accordance with whatever new criteria they set in the meantime.

WA are still considering State Sponsorship applications from offshore applicants and also from onshore applicants who were trained in WA.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest The "legdes"

You know what I'd do - I'd apply for the state sponsorship. Last Oct we had the chance and chose not to. Now we have dropped of the CSL ! Our app showed everything was met on 10/3 and now we are left in limbo not knowing what might happen.

Just to add to our worries my husband has since turned 45 too.

I really wish we'd gone for state sponsored back in Oct (which was after we'd lodged) - apparently you can just convert your app with very little bother- if we had done we'd already have our visa and wouldn't be feeling like we do now.

You know what I'd do - I'd apply for the state sponsorship. Last Oct we had the chance and chose not to. Now we have dropped of the CSL ! Our app showed everything was met on 10/3 and now we are left in limbo not knowing what might happen.

Just to add to our worries my husband has since turned 45 too.

I really wish we'd gone for state sponsored back in Oct (which was after we'd lodged) - apparently you can just convert your app with very little bother- if we had done we'd already have our visa and wouldn't be feeling like we do now.

Hi guys

I'd just like to say i feel ever so sorry for you....

Alot of us have come so close and fallen again at the last hurdle, but to be as close as you are and be left in limbo is just really.....Well poor..:nah:

I'd like to hope theres a good outcome for you and wish you the very best for the future, lets hope one of us gets in the door before it closes..

Archived