General Skilled Migration Program - capping and amendment of CSL

George Lombard

I cannot believe it! Soooo frustrated. Was looking forward to having a CO by May only to find that Hubby's ocupation taken off critical list......please help me GOD! Applications were received by Adelaide in September 2008.........This is like a roller coaster ride!!!! Still on MODL list but not state sponsored......How much loner?????:cry:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cannot believe it! Soooo frustrated. Was looking forward to having a CO by May only to find that Hubby's ocupation taken off critical list......please help me GOD! Applications were received by Adelaide in September 2008.........This is like a roller coaster ride!!!! Still on MODL list but not state sponsored......How much loner?????:cry:

Hi Junie

We feel for you, we applied august 2008 and in same boat..:cry:

Now gone for SS, how much longer???

Its one hell of a rollercoaster!!

Don't know where we want to go exactly so don't want to be tied down with state sponsorship. My Temp job finished 22 May so have to look for another one to fill in the time!......Just told my eldest daughter that she may not be going to comp in September - which is what we wanted. Now I have to advise her otherwise... Children don't know whether they are coming or goinf either. Then my cousin his wife and 3 children are moving to Oz next week. They had a different viza so it only took thenm 2 months.......gutted soooo gutted .......but happy for them.

hi we are only at the begining of our application and have now been told the latest news.

my husband is a plumber and we now don't no what to do. we are with the visa bureau and they say we can carry on but its a gamble. we really want to emigrate to austraillia but don't no where to turn now. can anyone out there offer any advise please.:wacko:

hi we are only at the begining of our application and have now been told the latest news.

my husband is a plumber and we now don't no what to do. we are with the visa bureau and they say we can carry on but its a gamble. we really want to emigrate to austraillia but don't no where to turn now. can anyone out there offer any advise please.:wacko:

Hi we are also with Visa Bureau, and to be honest your agent should have explained to you your options, my o/h is a plumber also, and we have now opted for state sponsorship, I suggest you ring your agent back and ask them to explain your options to you, as at the end of the day that is what we are paying them for! If it was Qld you were hoping to settle in, they are not sponsoring general plumbers but other states are, Hope this helps,

Hiya,

Im interested in them saying 'you can carry on, but its a gamble'......Where in the process are you?

Guest MICHAEL POOLE

hi all, just came back off holidays from perth and cant believe the news we have just got from our agent, we applied for a 163 business visa february 2008 and got co in august, had medicals in december so we were told we would have a decision on visa in 1 -3 months, now been told 7500 business skills places have been filled and a final decision on our application will not be made now until next program year beginning 1st july 2009. Does anyone know how we stand come 1st july ? will we get a decision or will we wait for ages again ?

Guest brandyslad
hi all, just came back off holidays from perth and cant believe the news we have just got from our agent, we applied for a 163 business visa february 2008 and got co in august, had medicals in december so we were told we would have a decision on visa in 1 -3 months, now been told 7500 business skills places have been filled and a final decision on our application will not be made now until next program year beginning 1st july 2009. Does anyone know how we stand come 1st july ? will we get a decision or will we wait for ages again ?

That's crap, talk about moving the goalposts. Sorry can't help, but it is terrible the way one minute you think all sorted and you know your timescale, the next ... oh just wait another few months. Hope it works out.

Guest MICHAEL POOLE

i no i peed off and to top it off my agent said its onley three month. yer and what if they move it in then .

Hiya,

Im interested in them saying 'you can carry on, but its a gamble'......Where in the process are you?

not sure what she meant by this her actual words were "its like buying a lottery ticket", we have just paid our first instalment and we can have a full refund if we want, but thats not what we want. we want to live the life in australlia and provide a better future for our kids, and right now it seems miles away near on impossible, we need as much advise as possible from people.:goofy:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sharonsdream

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

It sounds like you are at the very beginning of the process?

A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information

If Hubby is a General Plumber then he will have to have his skills assessed by Vetassess before you can sensibly do much else at this stage.

Plumber - General 4431-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

VETASSESS - Vocational Education Training and Assessment Services

Vetassess is a lengthy and expensive process, as you will see if you study all the sections on the link above.

I understand from an earlier post that you are interested in South Australia? Ig so then the State Migration website for SA is here:

Make The Move :: Home

Make The Move :: General skilled migration

At the moment General Plumber is on the SA List for State sponsorship for subclass 176 visa but SA have given notice that they will be removing occupations from their List on 31st March. They have not said which ones will be removed.

At the end of the day you might find that you are forced into one of two options, being:

1. Wait indefinitely for a sc 175 visa; or

2. Find an employer in South Australia who is ready, willing and able to sponsore you for Permanent Residency under either the Employer Nomination Scheme visa or the Regional Skilled Migration Scheme visa.

Department of Immigration & Citizenship

I would suggest that you study the DIAC website as well.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi everyone, can someone please give me some information.

1-how long does it take to get a working holiday visa?

2-Would it be possible to apply for SKILLed independent migrant while living in Australia on working holiday visa?

This way its alot more cost effective for me rather then going back to UK and apply from there. Not sure if its possible. Thanks

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi everyone, can someone please give me some information.

1-how long does it take to get a working holiday visa?

2-Would it be possible to apply for SKILLed independent migrant while living in Australia on working holiday visa?

This way its alot more cost effective for me rather then going back to UK and apply from there. Not sure if its possible. Thanks

Hi Asad

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Provided you have the skills assessment, the right number of points and the right amount of work experience. there is no reason why you cannot either submit a GSM visa and then use a Working Holiday visa to go out to Oz in the meanwhile, or go out to Oz first and get everything ready for the GSM application after you reach Oz.

If you plan the second method, remember that you must comply with the recent work experience requirement set out in Booklet 6 before you can apply for a GSM visa at all. Working Holiday visas are notorious for stuffing up the recent work experience issue uness the applicant has thought about that before heading for Oz.

Remember too that no matter how you set about it, if you apply for a subclass 175, 176 or 475 visa then you must be outside Australia at the time when the visa is granted. This applies to everyone included in the application. A week in any of Bali, Singapore, Auckland, Fiji etc etc will do for this - anywhere where there is a DIAC office.

Just be sure to include the costs of the necessary week offshore in your budget.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest The Sowters

Advised by agent on new CSL reductions, My trade now gone so trying a quick swap from 175 to 176 visa in SA. They are adjusting their shortage lists on Monday 30th March so fingers crossed on Metal Machinist (first class) still being there!!!!!!

:arghh:

Good luck to all those in the same boat

Mark, Tania & Emily

Hi Asad

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Provided you have the skills assessment, the right number of points and the right amount of work experience. there is no reason why you cannot either submit a GSM visa and then use a Working Holiday visa to go out to Oz in the meanwhile, or go out to Oz first and get everything ready for the GSM application after you reach Oz.

If you plan the second method, remember that you must comply with the recent work experience requirement set out in Booklet 6 before you can apply for a GSM visa at all. Working Holiday visas are notorious for stuffing up the recent work experience issue uness the applicant has thought about that before heading for Oz.

Remember too that no matter how you set about it, if you apply for a subclass 175, 176 or 475 visa then you must be outside Australia at the time when the visa is granted. Thus applies to everyone included in the application. A week in any of Bali, Singapore, Auckland, Fiji etc etc will do for this - anywhere where there is a DIAC office.

Just be sure to include the costs of the necessary week offshore in your budget.

Best wishes

Gill

Or consider heading to Australia on a WHM visa, and then looking at a subclass 487 visa once you have been in Australia for at least 6 months - given that you can secure State or Territory Sponsorship, or have a family member living in regional Australia that is eligible to sponsor you.

Note that there is no skilled recent work experience requirement for the subclass 487 visa - which is an onshore visa and therefore does not require a trip offshore for visa grant.

More information is here:

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 487)

Best regards.

i no i peed off and to top it off my agent said its onley three month. yer and what if they move it in then .

Michael,

I anticipate there will be a batch of offshore business skills visas granted in the first few weeks of July - so hopefully not too much longer to wait for you.

Best regards.

Hi Yorkshireclan,

Hope you mind me contacting you?? My husband is also an electrician and we are only just STARTING the whole visa process. Vetassess practical booked for 14th April. We're wondering what the deal is now with all the changes?? Are electricians going to be affected too?? May I ask how far along your application is and where about you're planning on going? We are considering Perth area, but only because we can't make our minds up about anywhere else!! :o)

Are you "in the know" as to where the work is, or are you like us and just hoping for the best that you will find work when you get there? Everywhere you look, there seems to be doom and gloom about the recession, but surely there still has to be work out there for the tradies?? I'm not sure which category my husband falls in: Electrical Fitter, or Electrical Mechanic (I have NO IDEA how it all works??) but he's applying as a General Electrician. I assume you're going on the Skilled Indep Visa? We are so nervous that they will put a hold on the Skilled Indep Visas, that we're even considering going for the State Sponsored Visa. Oooooh.....decisions, decions!! And just our luck that we FINALLY make up our minds that this is what we want to do, and then it all goes pear-shaped!

Thanks for you time - hope to hear from your side? :o)

C&J (Hertfordshire)

Guest lucadoyle

Hi all, i'm new to this site so any advice will be most welcome. Myself and my wife are in the early stages of our 175 application and are confused about the Modl, and Csl. I am aware that the applications for job titles that are on the csl are prioritised over modl. The confusion lies regarding points for the application because even though my wifes job (secondary school teacher) is on the csl it is not on the modl! We need the 15 points to make it up to 120. Surely if her job is on the csl she would get 15 points, but yet when filling out the online application (and even looking at the form to download) it only mentions the modl to gain extra points. Please help really confused!! :wacko:

thanks

Jack and Laura

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jack & Laura

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I have copied your post to a new thread, which is here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/57710-modl-csl-confusion.html

I will answer you on your new thread.

I have made the new thread because I want to make your query get noticed by the agents who help out on here. Hopefully they will step in with some help for you.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Yorkshireclan,

Hope you mind me contacting you?? My husband is also an electrician and we are only just STARTING the whole visa process. Vetassess practical booked for 14th April. We're wondering what the deal is now with all the changes?? Are electricians going to be affected too?? May I ask how far along your application is and where about you're planning on going? We are considering Perth area, but only because we can't make our minds up about anywhere else!! :o)

Are you "in the know" as to where the work is, or are you like us and just hoping for the best that you will find work when you get there? Everywhere you look, there seems to be doom and gloom about the recession, but surely there still has to be work out there for the tradies?? I'm not sure which category my husband falls in: Electrical Fitter, or Electrical Mechanic (I have NO IDEA how it all works??) but he's applying as a General Electrician. I assume you're going on the Skilled Indep Visa? We are so nervous that they will put a hold on the Skilled Indep Visas, that we're even considering going for the State Sponsored Visa. Oooooh.....decisions, decions!! And just our luck that we FINALLY make up our minds that this is what we want to do, and then it all goes pear-shaped!

Thanks for you time - hope to hear from your side? :o)

C&J (Hertfordshire)

Hi guys and welcome to PIO..

Just drop us a PM and ill gladly point you in the right direction regarding the sparky bit..

Speak soon..

Guest Shreen

I can't believe they said it might be a gamble! Why did they say it was a gamble? We are with ASA and my partner is also a Plumber, he has his assessment next week. We are now looking at sponsorship or just praying for the best! Our agent has advised that the only difference is longer waiting times (much much longer) but the migration programme even with its cuts is still higher than it ever has been. Plumbers are still on the MODL, I just hope they stay that way! I would go back to your agent and ask what your other options are and maybe look into state sponsorship.

Guest Gollywobbler
I can't believe they said it might be a gamble! Why did they say it was a gamble? We are with ASA and my partner is also a Plumber, he has his assessment next week. We are now looking at sponsorship or just praying for the best! Our agent has advised that the only difference is longer waiting times (much much longer) but the migration programme even with its cuts is still higher than it ever has been. Plumbers are still on the MODL, I just hope they stay that way! I would go back to your agent and ask what your other options are and maybe look into state sponsorship.

Hello Shreen

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

In the last 12 hours the ASPC have made it clear that they are not planning to process any MODL only applications any time soon. Please see this thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/57801-latest-aspc-update.html

Best wishes

Gill

Guest The Sowters

We made the 'quick switch' to a 176 visa with SA as they still have Metal Machinist (first class) on there shortage list. Their list however MAY be amended from 1st April upon their review. Our online 176 application recieved in time and now have 60 days to get decision ready paperwork to them.

Good luck to all trying to switch visa's at very, very short notice

Regards,

Mark

Hi, Does anybody know would it be possible to apply for Goverment State sponsorship when you have a working holiday visa? and being in Australia at that time "

thanks for your help.

Archived