General Skilled Migration Program - capping and amendment of CSL

George Lombard

Guest purplewitch
I am afraid that family sponsored applications are likely to take a fair while to move to visa grant. Longer than 12 months is a reasonable expectation - I can't say how much longer though.

What is your nominated occupation? I can have a quick look to establish whether yours is an occupation that could be sponsored by a State or Territory Government.

Being family sponsored you might also ask your rellies in Australia to lobby the Minister for a more favourable consideration of applications such as yours.

Best regards.

Thanks

its hairdressing, and we were aiming to go to Brisbane as that is where the family is, but I suppose we could look at a different area if need be

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tony byrne

hi allen are they still sponsoring bricklayers in qld just wondering if its worth changing 175 over. looking on the south east coast

Thanks

its hairdressing, and we were aiming to go to Brisbane as that is where the family is, but I suppose we could look at a different area if need be

State Sponsorship for a permanent subclass 176 visa is possible from WA, SA, TAS, ACT and the NT.

Consider quickly ... I'm sure there will a renewed surge of applications for State Sponsorship.

If you want assistance: Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

Hope this helps.

Guest purplewitch
State Sponsorship for a permanent subclass 176 visa is possible from WA, SA, TAS, ACT and the NT.

Consider quickly ... I'm sure there will a renewed surge of applications for State Sponsorship.

If you want assistance: Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

Hope this helps.

Many thanks for that, will have to have a rethink about our plans

hi allen are they still sponsoring bricklayers in qld just wondering if its worth changing 175 over. looking on the south east coast

My reference material tells me that Sponsorship for a subclass 176 visa for Bricklayers is possible in WA, SA, TAS, NT and the ACT.

A subclass 475 Sponsorship is possible in QLD - but you would have to lodge a new application to seek a subclass 475 visa, as you can only move from a 175 to a 176.

Best regards.

Hi

I am new to the forum,I just heard the news from ABC live,it is 20% migrant cut,and new csl effect from today onwards.So please share your message here.My time line is follows,

Job General elect rician,

high risk country

11-03-09 online lodged

Is it my application will affect the latest changes?

Please message to me

Ritu

Guest Sebbers
And your occupation is ...?

Best regards.

I am a bricklayer now wondering whether to apply for state sponsorship

Regards

James

I am a bricklayer now wondering whether to apply for state sponsorship

Regards

James

Hi James

Just been on nites and couldn't bloody sleep with worry...

Spent the last 30 minutes on phone with our agent, who has said DONT PANIC!..

You are on the strongest possible visa and its lodged...Your application is still MODL and all it really means is you will have to wait a bit longer..The changes will not stop you getting to Austrailia..

He has advised us against changing to 176 for these reasons..

1, State sponsorship can take upto 12 weeks under current climate.

2, States will now probably become more picky about who they choose.

3, DIAC will prioritise CSL applicants with state sponsorship.(There are still lots of MODL applicants with state sponsorship still waiting).

4, There is a possibility your application may have already been allocated.

5, All things could change come 1/7/09 and you could damage your application already submitted.

Hope this puts a few at ease...

Reply to Sebbers:

The answer seems to be 'Yes' and quickly, however these changes have been made because there is far less construction work so maybe you are bettter waiting for the MODL applications to be processed. Too many people have had to return to the uk recently with their dreams in tatters due to no work.

Good luck whatever path you take.

Jules

Guest TheHollies
Hi James

Just been on nites and couldn't bloody sleep with worry...

Spent the last 30 minutes on phone with our agent, who has said DONT PANIC!..

You are on the strongest possible visa and its lodged...Your application is still MODL and all it really means is you will have to wait a bit longer..The changes will not stop you getting to Austrailia..

He has advised us against changing to 176 for these reasons..

1, State sponsorship can take upto 12 weeks under current climate.

2, States will now probably become more picky about who they choose.

3, DIAC will prioritise CSL applicants with state sponsorship.(There are still lots of MODL applicants with state sponsorship still waiting).

4, There is a possibility your application may have already been allocated.

5, All things could change come 1/7/09 and you could damage your application already submitted.

Hope this puts a few at ease...

Thanks for the info, we are on MODL 175 (lodged 4/3/09) did your agent give you any idea how long it would take to process the application now? Wary of changing to a 176 for the reasons you said above.

Guest Sebbers
Reply to Sebbers:

The answer seems to be 'Yes' and quickly, however these changes have been made because there is far less construction work so maybe you are bettter waiting for the MODL applications to be processed. Too many people have had to return to the uk recently with their dreams in tatters due to no work.

Good luck whatever path you take.

Jules

I haven't made up my mind yet simply because if I do decide to change will have to look at other states than that I had decided to move to should my visa be granted.

I am actually thinking now it may not be as bad as it seems having to wait a little longer as you say if construction jobs are few and far between getting out there and not being able to find work will be far worse than sitting here and waiting a while longer than expected for the visa grant

Thanks

James

I haven't made up my mind yet simply because if I do decide to change will have to look at other states than that I had decided to move to should my visa be granted.

I am actually thinking now it may not be as bad as it seems having to wait a little longer as you say if construction jobs are few and far between getting out there and not being able to find work will be far worse than sitting here and waiting a while longer than expected for the visa grant

Thanks

James

Especially if you have a house to sell - honestly this may be a blessing in disguise. Easy for me to say though sitting here already in Oz on a temp visa & still on the CSL.

Jules

Thanks for the info, we are on MODL 175 (lodged 4/3/09) did your agent give you any idea how long it would take to process the application now? Wary of changing to a 176 for the reasons you said above.

No not really..:no:

Just said as we applied last august then he would expect a CO within first half of this year..

He said DONT PANIC you are a skilled tradesman and your occupation is MODL, you will always be welcome in Oz..:yes:

I am trying to apply for a career break at work and have no idea on timings . My wife is a nurse and we will be applying in January 2010 (when she has a years experience). First, State sponsorship then a 176. Has anybody any idea how long we will have to wait now for visa acceptance?

JOHN

Thats a bleedin joke,bang out of order,so all those brickys etc have paid out for agents,meds vetasses AND already lodged WONT be considered? thats unbelievable!surely they should/could have put a cut off date on a cpl of months back,i.e all those with applications in by the date of the announcement of the changes would still be considered?

boo hoo spent 8K of child court, vetassess, visas so down now!!! need to know if worth bokking meds and pcs

Guest wiggly
No not really..:no:

Just said as we applied last august then he would expect a CO within first half of this year..

He said DONT PANIC you are a skilled tradesman and your occupation is MODL, you will always be welcome in Oz..:yes:

We got told the same today, can still get a visa, just will take longer now not on CSL

im trying to keep looking on the bright side, at least its not a no with finality :)

boo hoo spent 8K of child court, vetassess, visas so down now!!! need to know if worth bokking meds and pcs

I feel sorry for everyone, the only thing i would say is that even though ive got my visa its not much use to me in the present economic climate anyway,i guess those who are waiting will still probably end up over there around the same time as those of us who have visas? thats maybe one way of looking at it

I know will be there eventually, but desp for a baby, hubby wants us to wait till were there. Now even more waiting, not getting any younger. I know you have to wait a long time, but will be three years in the process in oct. prob wont even have case officer by then.

Whilst everyone is waiting were not really living, just chasing this dream.

I wish never started this now and took my life for what it is. Just got on with it and enjoy the present.

I now have to have the discussion again about when to start having more babies, (will lead to argument lol)

Awww so fed up

I know will be there eventually, but desp for a baby, hubby wants us to wait till were there. Now even more waiting, not getting any younger. I know you have to wait a long time, but will be three years in the process in oct. prob wont even have case officer by then.

Whilst everyone is waiting were not really living, just chasing this dream.

I wish never started this now and took my life for what it is. Just got on with it and enjoy the present.

I now have to have the discussion again about when to start having more babies, (will lead to argument lol)

Awww so fed up

Like i said,feel realy sorry for everyone ,im 46 so im wondering if it will be worth going if it takes a cpl of yrs to pick up over there,its bad news but its not like it wont change when things pick up,as i say my pr visa is no use anyway right now,i wont comment on your baby argument,thats not my place:policeman::wink:

Guest waynenicola

Hi George

We received our QLD State Nomination last week and were about to submit 176 visa forms - how does this affect our state nomination? OH is a carpenter and now not sure which way to turn. Is it still worth us submitting our application as this costs a lot of money?

Guest chris_mac
Hi George

We received our QLD State Nomination last week and were about to submit 176 visa forms - how does this affect our state nomination? OH is a carpenter and now not sure which way to turn. Is it still worth us submitting our application as this costs a lot of money?

Hi wazza

You are in a very good position being that State Sponsor apps as you have, or Employer sponsor applications are the strongest visa at the moment. If i where you my application would be in straight away. How much work is there in Oz is the question!

Best wishes

Chris

Hmmm...Just a thought, but if you read this on latest update, its possible that all CSL applications on the old list upto yesterdays announcement could already have been allocated to a CO...

"Applications are being processed in date of lodgement order. The ASPC expects to have commenced processing of all CSL applications held by this office by the end of May 2009."

It now doesn't say anything about allocating...

What do you think??? Or am i clutching at straws here???:skeptical:

After all didn't they say appliactions currently allocated would not be affected??

Guest alanmcguire

hi george, could you tell me if this will affect me, i am an electrician and have had my application in since aug 08. all medicals and police checks have been completed. will i now be removed from the csl or will i remain in the position i was before as i am so far down the track?

Archived