NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi all,

Sorry another question, it is driving me to despair. With the CV for AHPRA, did you list your qualifications and work history from the most recent first, or the first job you had? Have just read that they want it in chronological order, but usually a CV is listing most recent first. Tracey x

Hi,

Can someone please advise me what paperwork I have to complete for nursing registration on a Working Holiday Visa?

I am looking at the AGOS-04, but it looks set up for someone seeking permanency.

Also am I required to pay a $220 overseas assessment charge?

What are the average processing times, i will be arriving in August.

Just a note re processing times - I sent my application from the UK in October and they have only just started looking at the application in March! Unfortunately a couple of things were incorrect so now I have to try and get the new paperwork together which is quite tricky as I am now living in Australia and I need to get it from the UK!

Emma

Ooh I remember registering on my working holiday visa! We turned up at office in Sydney with our paperwork, thought it might take two or three weeks, and were a bit annoyed we got registered in half an hour! Meant we could work instead of lying on the beach! How times have changed!!

Gill x

Hi guys,

I want to get my CV sorted and just have a couple of questions. Did anyone out their GCSEs and O levels on it or just professional qualifications, also did you list employment, etc with most recent first, have read that AHPRA have said chronological order, but usually a CV is most recent first, not earliest stuff first. Tracey

Hi guys,

I want to get my CV sorted and just have a couple of questions. Did anyone out their GCSEs and O levels on it or just professional qualifications, also did you list employment, etc with most recent first, have read that AHPRA have said chronological order, but usually a CV is most recent first, not earliest stuff first. Tracey

Hiya Tracey,

I added my highers only, as in Scotland, so guess thats your O Levels, then my degree and registration on the NMC. I listed it from present employment backwards, so ending with my first ever job on the last page.

I only sent it away last week, so have not heard anything. I then got my current employer to write the little sentence about this cv being true...

Hope this helps,

Donna xx:biggrin:

It's a long tiresome process, eh? Are you going to do the modified skills assessment, or the full one? Are you going it yourself? It's all this waiting that is getting me down, and I know that I have not been waiting long at all, just so impatient!! Booked a holiday for May, and reckon everything will come into the agent when we are away! Well can always hope!!

Donna x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Hi Donna,

Yes, this is definitely a tiresome and lengthy process. I don't want to go until September 2012 as I am finishing my MSc degree at the moment and graduation is July 2012. I am going it alone as I can't afford an agent, but will do full assessment. I want to get assessment out of the way and then apply for registration in Aug/Sept as don't want to do it too early because of not being in Oz to validate it within the year. Where do you want to go, I am looking at Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney.

We are looking at Perth, and are going to apply for SS for Wa, to help speed things along. Am sure you have a lot on your plate with your Uni work too. Have you sat your Ielts, or waiting a bit?

Give me a wee pm if you need any more info incase I miss it in the posts.- that's if I'll be any use!!!

Donna x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Yes Donna, I passed the IELTS with an overall of 7.5 (7 for reading and writing, 8 for listening and 8.5 for speaking). I have to admit, I was surprised to pass as I found it so difficult to do, and came out of it expecting the worst. At least it is over, and valid for 2 years.

Guest csmyth86

I am about to send off my registration to ahpra, i have an appointment with JOP tomorrow so hopefully send it away tomrw or friday, i just have a few questions i hope someone could help with:

1- how much do you pay, is it 115 for registration and 220 for overseas assessment charge and thats it nothing else?

2-who did you use to send application and how much roughly did it cost? the cheapest i have found so far are DHL at £56 taking 4 days.

3- i am sending a letter from secondary school to say i was taught in english- did you send the original of this or do i get a copy and jop sign that too?

4- On the ahpra form it asks about professional indemnity insurance, i would assume i would tick yes as the hospital or place of work would have this in place?

5- on page 4 of form it asks about registrations and it asks category of registration- does this mean effective? im lost.

sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.

I am about to send off my registration to ahpra, i have an appointment with JOP tomorrow so hopefully send it away tomrw or friday, i just have a few questions i hope someone could help with:

1- how much do you pay, is it 115 for registration and 220 for overseas assessment charge and thats it nothing else?

2-who did you use to send application and how much roughly did it cost? the cheapest i have found so far are DHL at £56 taking 4 days.

3- i am sending a letter from secondary school to say i was taught in english- did you send the original of this or do i get a copy and jop sign that too?

4- On the ahpra form it asks about professional indemnity insurance, i would assume i would tick yes as the hospital or place of work would have this in place?

5- on page 4 of form it asks about registrations and it asks category of registration- does this mean effective? im lost.

sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.

Hiya,

I sent mine off last week. I sent it be registered with Royal Mail, who give you a tracking number. I am not sure how long it will take to get there, am not in a mega rush, so a week or so is fine in the grand scheme of things. That cost about £10.70 I think.

I would send a certified copy of the secondary school letter, as it says do not send any originals unless asked to.

I just ticked yes to the insurance I think, from what I can remember.

I just filled in about the NMC for Page 4, just put registered nurse, registered from 11/01/00 to 31/01/12, thats when I qualified, and that is when my renewal is due. Have you got your statement of enrty, as that gives you the date you were registered on.

I put down $115, $115 and $220 on the form, as that was how I read it.

I just added a covering letter explaining everything that I had included, as some of the things I included were not on a specific list, like my marriage certificate.

Hope this helps,

Donna xx:biggrin:

Guest csmyth86

Hey tdk, thanks for that, you have been a great help, my form is now ready for postage and I'm going to the po to see how much, thanks again. Charmaine x

Hello everyone

I will qualify with a Bsc in Mental Health Nursing. Is there any potential problems registering with no post registration experience?

Cheers

Kevin

Hiya Kevin,

I'm not totally sure, but think you need 12 out of the last 24 months in employment for the 175 and think for state sponsored, itmaybe more.

Sorry I can't be more help,

Donna x

Is that the ahpra application? I've checked the criteria online and it's a little unclear if you require experience or not

I've already been granted a working holiday visa

Thanks

I am not at all sure on the ins and outs for a WHV. I have only researched the Permanent Residency Visas, the 175,176.

I have e.mailed Aphra, and they were very quick at responding, so you could give that a go, or hopefully someone will be able to help out.

I have had plenty friends who have travelled on the WHV, so next time I'm in work I'll ask, if you have not heard the answers before then.

Donna x

thanks. Hard leaving that amount in my account and not spending it!!! How long did it take for you to get your registration?

It took took 6 weeks for AHPRA to process and grant me registration! They received my application on 21st Feb and I received a letter dated 4th April in the post stating I was eligible for registration. They did email in March requesting further information which I sent. I was really amazed on how quick they were in dealing with my registration, I qualiifed last Sept 2010 and now have 7 months work experience, I thought I would need more experience, but obviously not the case. Please feel free to ask me anymore questions you have on registration

I thought I had checked and double checked my paperwork before sending off all documents to my recruitment agency for further checking. Last week I had a phone call from agency telling me all was well and she would post off to AHPRA that day. Wow today i get an email from AHPRA, my first thought was amazing! after only one week, but alas it was to say my application was being returned due to not having the right fees. I know I put $450, and having spoken to the agency they also confirm I did , so have no idea why they are returning application. The recruitment agency was not well pleased, and said she is constanly on the phone to AHPRA. Guess I can now join the long waiting queue:sad:

Guest tandcmum
OK so I got an email to say my application was being returned, but today I have received another email asking if I have an offer of a job? I thought I couldn't get a job without getting registered first:arghh:

Not sure why they have asked this as they don't normally, the only thing I can think is that there was quite a lot of bad press about AHPRA due to nurses being recruited to fill vacancies then them being delayed due to AHPRA taking so long, so maybe those who have job offers are being prioritised for registration over those who are just applying but no definate job to go to.

As for getting a job without registration it is certainly possible, some employers wont look at applications until you have your registration whereas others will do.

No one knows what AHPRA are up to I'm afraid. After a long tedious 6 six months I finally got my "Eligible for registration" in January. So in my letter it says call in to the office when I get to Brisbane, which I did to produce my documents. 2 weeks on I am still not on the register and I am supposed to be starting work on Monday.

Thats another thing why some people are receiving "Eligibility" and some are getting straight onto the register.

So afraid only AHPRA know what they are doing.

Hope you hear soon.

X Helen:hug: