Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hello,

I've applied for the 300. Spoke to my CO a few minutes ago and she said current processing time is 5 months. I have my fingers crossed that it's a standard reply she gives to everyone and that it will infact take 4 months!!

:biggrin:

Yep 5 months for me too ... but had a slight delay with my Fiance's birth cert taking 2 attempts to get to the UK (Australian post is as good as royal mail lol) so I am 3 months into my wait :) ... likewise hoping the decision comes in sooner than the 3rd June :twitcy:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep 5 months for me too ... but had a slight delay with my Fiance's birth cert taking 2 attempts to get to the UK (Australian post is as good as royal mail lol) so I am 3 months into my wait :) ... likewise hoping the decision comes in sooner than the 3rd June :twitcy:

Fingers crossed for you! Stay in touch...would love to know when your visa is approved! :biggrin:

Fingers crossed for you! Stay in touch...would love to know when your visa is approved! :biggrin:

I have everything crossed given everything for the wedding is provisionally booked :laugh:

as soon as i get the decision i think the whole world will know (if it's the verdict we are wanting ) :biglaugh:

good luck with your app too :) xx

Hi Everyone!!

Hayley 34 (nurse), Nige 43 (postie), harry 6 and evan 3. (very cheeky kids)

Our skilled visa 176 was lodged 3 weeks ago awaiting a case officer, we have been told by our migration agent it will probably be Jan/Feb 2013 before we hear anything has anybody been told any different??

Thanks

Hayley xx :0

Hi everyone

Emma 29 and Paul 36

We applied for a 175 visa and I'm a traffic engineer

Applied on 15 November 2011 and allocated a CO on 12 April

Hoping to live in Victoria or South Australia (really indecisive at the moment!)

Good luck everyone :biggrin:

Emma x

Hi Everyone!!

Hayley 34 (nurse), Nige 43 (postie), harry 6 and evan 3. (very cheeky kids)

Our skilled visa 176 was lodged 3 weeks ago awaiting a case officer, we have been told by our migration agent it will probably be Jan/Feb 2013 before we hear anything has anybody been told any different??

Thanks

Hayley xx :0

We are 176 Family sponsored, Cat 5, applied in Aug 2009.... the way things are going it is at least 3-4 months away, hope you are in a higher category, we in Cat 5 are waiting for so loooooog!

Anika (27)

Partner Visa (permanent)

Submitted begininng of March, medical and Police clearance results both submitted

Probably moving to Brisbane area as my husband is from Ipswich but would like to go to Perth as that is where my sister lives

Anika (27)

Partner Visa (permanent)

Submitted begininng of March, medical and Police clearance results both submitted

Probably moving to Brisbane area as my husband is from Ipswich but would like to go to Perth as that is where my sister lives

Good job Anika. Welcome to the queue.

Adam 34 (aircraft fitter) and Michelle 34

175 lodged 23.12.11 started June 2010

waiting a casehandler so we can do meds and checks

Hoping to move Perth direction (Bunbury) early 2013

Good luck all :wink:

Of all the app this has been worst bit. Just waiting. At least last year and half we have been doing things.

Hi all,

Darren 44, Denni 34, jack 10, Alfie 7, Lewis 3.

Hubby is a painter & decorator. We was wanting to go Queensland but have been told we can't so have to look at Perth, Adelaide, or Darwin.

Skills asses done, English test done.

Hopefully in OZ ASAP!!!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest doniedsilva

Names: Donie 34, Lini 34 and Neil 3

What Visa: 175

How far along are you: Visa lodged on 20.Apr.2012

Where you going to be living: Perth.

Guest wardie77

Hi All,

Brandon (UK) & Chantal (AUS)

Spouse Visa - Permement subclass100

Submitted on 26/03/2012

Been told by CO (AB) that it is still a 5-6 month

Flight leaves UK on 3rd September with a holiday in Thailand and landing into Sydney on 11th Sept 2012. All fingers and toes crossed it comes through before we land, may be on a flight to NZ if not...

Guest mikstylo

Hi All,

Just got contacted by DIAC today for submitting the PC and Health reports :biglaugh:

Had files my online 175 on 30/12/2011

In my case i need a clearance from FBI as i have spend a major part of last 10 years in Yankee land...

Hopefully the wait wont be too bad....

Cheers,

Miks

Names: Mikir (34) * Aarti(32)

What Visa: General Skilled - Independent sub-class 175 applied online: 30/12/2011

How far along are you: 175 applied online. waiting for CO to be assigned.Have heard as per the current timeline it should be 6-8months

Where you going to be living: Perth, maybe...sounds my kind of city but depends where work will take me

Cheers all.

Guest charleysmum74

Hello all,

Just an update, all went quiet as nothing was happening after the initial panic of getting all the documents in etc..... wait!:err:

Found out last Friday that my husband has got a job back in Melbourne, so that's it we're going! My CO (SV) is off until 11th June so I spoke to a lovely lady (VF) yesterday who told me that I can enter on a visitors visa and hopefully my visa will be granted before the three months tourist visa expires as I applied on 11th April (we land in Oz on 18th July). VF said that the wait is currently 5 months. This is contrary to what I have been told previously that it is 5-6 months, who do you believe!

So, I'm going to be a lady of leisure with the good excuse that I'm not allowed to work. Except of course it won't be leisurely finding somewhere to live, sorted everything out, looking after 4 year old son etc etc!

Very annoying that we will be going to winter and it's sunny here :rolleyes:

It's great to hear everyone's progress, it sounds like there will no-one left in the UK before long :biggrin:

Good luck everyone, C x

Guest wardie77
Hello all,

Just an update, all went quiet as nothing was happening after the initial panic of getting all the documents in etc..... wait!:err:

Found out last Friday that my husband has got a job back in Melbourne, so that's it we're going! My CO (SV) is off until 11th June so I spoke to a lovely lady (VF) yesterday who told me that I can enter on a visitors visa and hopefully my visa will be granted before the three months tourist visa expires as I applied on 11th April (we land in Oz on 18th July). VF said that the wait is currently 5 months. This is contrary to what I have been told previously that it is 5-6 months, who do you believe!

So, I'm going to be a lady of leisure with the good excuse that I'm not allowed to work. Except of course it won't be leisurely finding somewhere to live, sorted everything out, looking after 4 year old son etc etc!

Very annoying that we will be going to winter and it's sunny here :rolleyes:

It's great to hear everyone's progress, it sounds like there will no-one left in the UK before long :biggrin:

Good luck everyone, C x

Congrats charleysmum74! That is great news you are heading out. Sounds ideal!

It is so annoying that different CO's are giving out different timings, although if she has been honest, which I am sure she has, then it is encouraging that the wait is pinned at 5 months at the moment. With that timeline mine should come through at the end of August!

Have a great time in Aus!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LollyTonka

Hi all,

I am a newbie so please bear with me if I'm in the wrong place.. Just in a bit of a panic at the moment wanted some help?...

We applied for the 176 visa hoping for SA, based on my husbands career back in 2007 after returning from travelling the world, since then we've heard nothing and life took over, 2 properties, a baby and now our own salon later, and we decided to email Visa Unit to see what if anything was happening.

Apparently there has been a problem and we should never have been waiting this long, we were asked if we'd consider WA which we said ok to, (thinking once we're there it doesn't matter if its another 2years before we can move to SA, we've waited for the last 5 years.)

Today we get an email stating we have been approved and offer of sponsorship is valid for 3 months? Does that mean we have to go in 3 months or are we just on the DIAC waiting list now? We already had a TRN number for SA but we got fed-up of checking it every week?

Sorry, its been such a long time I can't remember anything we read, plus we never visited WA so we are now thinking should we be agreeing to move to a country we haven't even seen. (I know its the same country, but you know what I mean)..

Please can someone give me some reassuring words...

Joanna

Guest Longtime Lurker
Hi all,

I am a newbie so please bear with me if I'm in the wrong place.. Just in a bit of a panic at the moment wanted some help?...

We applied for the 176 visa hoping for SA, based on my husbands career back in 2007 after returning from travelling the world, since then we've heard nothing and life took over, 2 properties, a baby and now our own salon later, and we decided to email Visa Unit to see what if anything was happening.

Apparently there has been a problem and we should never have been waiting this long, we were asked if we'd consider WA which we said ok to, (thinking once we're there it doesn't matter if its another 2years before we can move to SA, we've waited for the last 5 years.)

Today we get an email stating we have been approved and offer of sponsorship is valid for 3 months? Does that mean we have to go in 3 months or are we just on the DIAC waiting list now? We already had a TRN number for SA but we got fed-up of checking it every week?

Sorry, its been such a long time I can't remember anything we read, plus we never visited WA so we are now thinking should we be agreeing to move to a country we haven't even seen. (I know its the same country, but you know what I mean)..

Joanna

I believe it is a moral rather than legal obligation to live and work in the State which sponsored you and generally I tend to agree with meeting the commitment entered into. However in your case I would be inclined to move to the State you originally wanted. I am sure other PIO members more knowledgeable about the visa system can give you a better informed answer.

I must say I would not have been as patient as you!! Good luck.

Just to add: better try posting your question in a new thread as I think it will get lost in this one and you will not get the answers you are seeking.

Guest wardie77
WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO Visa granted today at 4pm ....so excited!!!!!

Congrats LouiseS!!! Great news! Can you let us know what visa they gave you and also who your CO was?

Hi all,

Joanna

I take it you are a hairdresser.

Your State Sponsorship is valid for 3 months - but all you need to do is complete the WA state Sponsorship agreement - with your TRN number and email it back to WA - (WA then sends form 1100 to DIAC to confirm your SS). It shouldnt take much longer for you to receive a CO (within 6 weeks, can take a little longer for Cat 5 to get CO once they become CAT 3). Once you receive a CO you might be asked for additional information and also Police checks and medicals.

As for the SS agreement - it is a moral obligation to live and work in the state that has sponsored you.

There was an announcement a few weeks ago that people in Cat 5 that had SS would be receiving a CO by 31 May http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

SO you should have receive one anyway without the WA SS

Archived