Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

Names: Raeoni 29 (AUS) & Ruairi 28 (IRE) - de facto couple for 3 years, living in UK

What Visa: Spouse 309/100 (London)

How far along are you: Submitted 02/06/2012 - Received 06/06/2012 - Assigned CO (SV) 11/06/2012 - Medicals done 21/06/2012 - UK/IRE police checks submitted 10/07/2012 - WAITING FOR APPROVAL

Where you going to be living: Adelaide (returning home after 7 years abroad)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest topsycombs

Hi Chris, just thought I updated the forum with my recent progress I got allocated a co on the 7th of August 2012. Was asked to submit a few more supporting documents, and also police and medical checks, which we are already processing. It was a great relief to have had a co within 2 months. Though! We hope to submit all requested documents before the end of next week, and hopefully wait and see what happens next.

Guest quirky24

Catherine 40 and Rob 43

176 (sponsored by Victoria - Analyst Programmer)

Case office assigned 2nd May - not asked for additional information or medicals yet

• 2 weeks later...
Guest edwina

Help, i am a registered Nurse and am begining my journey of applying, there are so many visas and i was told this morning that the skilled visa can take up to four years to process, i want to get a visa and then find a job when i arrive is this possible? or do all visas mean you have to have a job prior to arriving? i am 36 so cannot get a year working holiday? everytime i ring immigration office i get told different things...

Guest Heather953

Names:

What Visa: Partner Visa 802

How far along are you: Approved yesterday. Submitted application on 22 June 2012 at Perth without US police clearance. Decision ready 24 July 2012.

Where you going to be living: Perth

Names: Not given ;)

What Visa: 489

How far along are you: Lodges application on 12th of August

Where you going to be living: Mandurah area.

17 days later and we got a CO and our grant on the same day!

Pauline and Myles

GSM 175

Applied in April 2009, Got an update in August 2011 saying we had been processed to next stage but nothing since (assume that means they moved us to another pile but have yet to give us a CO). Continually chased up online and by Migration Agent.

Currently living in Sydney on second e457 visa (arrived in early 2008) and getting very frustrated as life been on hold for over 4.5 years now:-(

Looking at State Sponsorship but waiting on a question to be answered - DIAC WAY TOO SLOW as been waiting 1 month for an answer to a simple question, chased several times.

Wondering if our visas will ever arrive.....:mad:

Guest trucktech37

hi I'm still quite new to this forum,

job offer sent back 7 sept

medical 11 sept

just got to wait to hear when my sponsored visa will be started!!!

getting excited!!!!:biggrin:

Hi there xx

My name is Gill (Mayonaise on here) .... I am currently waiting for my SUBCLASS 300 (prospective marriage visa) to be granted. We have applied, paid and sent ALL documents that were required including my MEDICAL requirements examination which has now been lodged since the 17th August 2012.

I am so, so anxious and nervous all the time since applying as I am now not the one in control .... my life is in THEIR hands.

My Fiance is living in Australia and I am from the UK .. We met 17months ago online and we have both made trips to each others places to visit and spend time together.

<3 Advice and Information totally welcome ... has anyone or IS anyone going through the same thing? xx

yes gill. i am!! (going through the same thing) my application was received 13th sept at high commission in london and we all go for medicals on the 20th. like you, i am here in the northwest (sale) and my 'beloved' is in oz. (nsw). Was told yesterday by my case worker that " due to the high volume of applicants for the PMV "we are looking at 8-9 month wait. :(

Came as a bit of a shock to me coz on the official website it states a waiting time of 5 months! oh! and we have a wedding booked!! (have you?) ( just being nosey!! ) but was told we may have to cancel the date and re-schedule. :cry:. let me know, if you have time, what you have been told or if you have been contacted at all, please. XXXX

Guest topsycombs

My family and I got our garnt today! Yay!!!!! Thanks to everyone on this forum who has advised and motivated us all. I wish you all prospective migrants luck and God speed with your grants. My timeline is as below:

Submitted 17/06/2012 - Assigned CO 07/08/2012 - Medicals received 31/08/2012 - UK/ Nigeria police checks received 31/08/2012 - Visa Granted 20/09/2012

Hi There carol x

We have also set our wedding for 14th April 2013 and are hoping and praying that we get the "YES" before this time!

We have had an email saying that we have sent all the required documents and that all criteria has been "met" .... there is nothing further that we are to do except wait!

It was also a HUGE shock for me as we too thought that the timeline is approx 5 months.

It is a very stressful time for us and because of this he is visiting me in 2 weeks time (just for 2 weeks) .. I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Hey .. Add me on Facebook Carol as we could keep in touch and up to date with developments ... Gillian Nacey Mayo!

:-)

I have sponsored my partner in June 2011 as a 'de-facto' because we weren't married until September of 2011. Our agent suggested for us to do that since we can't get a 'marriage visa' because my partner's already in Australia. It is September 2012 and I just received a call from my agent advising for us to submit more paperwork. It's been over 15 MONTHS and they're finally assessing our application!!

Situation is, my partner is Brittish and a CPA qualified accountant. I am an Engineer in Australia and we both have stable incomes. We also bought a property in Australia recently.. and yet, still waiting for our TR. The waiting time are dreading our lives because being an engineer, I need to travel and I can't do that without worrying what's going to happen to the visa application.

I know someone that did their 820 visa application in June 2011 and got their TR in April 2012. Husband was a pathologist and wife (the person required sponsorship) has no qualification or career path. Wife gave birth to a baby in February 2012 and their Visa was granted in April 2012. Now they are on family welfare.

I think this is very unfair decision for spousal visa especially for professional couples. We pay very high tax to the government and have invested good money in this country and we're still considered as some sort of 'threat' to immigration. It's probably better for me to quit my engineering profession and become a mother on benefit as they'll probably grant my partner a Visa faster this way.

Hi there xx

My name is Gill (Mayonaise on here) .... I am currently waiting for my SUBCLASS 300 (prospective marriage visa) to be granted. We have applied, paid and sent ALL documents that were required including my MEDICAL requirements examination which has now been lodged since the 17th August 2012.

I am so, so anxious and nervous all the time since applying as I am now not the one in control .... my life is in THEIR hands.

My Fiance is living in Australia and I am from the UK .. We met 17months ago online and we have both made trips to each others places to visit and spend time together.

<3 Advice and Information totally welcome ... has anyone or IS anyone going through the same thing? xx

Hi Gill :) I have been through the same thing as you, met my fiance online 4 years ago and finally decided last december to apply for a PMV. Took 5 months to get my decision and I am now happily living in Brisbane whilst awaiting my wedding date to come around ........ all i can advise is be patient, your CO will only contact you if they need more info but as long as you submitted everything, then unless you NEED to contact them (ie change in circumstances or uni exams and the like), you won't hear from them ..... as frustrating as that is lol It shreds the nerves with the lack of control over the situ which doesn't make it any easier but as long as you have met all criteria, you shouldn't have a problem :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Russ 48, Jill 46 & Ben 20

Job offer 2/7/2010

457 visa approved 17/8/2010

left Uk 7/11/2010 and arrived in Melbourne

186 Employer Nomination Submitted 9/10/12

we lodge our PR 15/11/12, all medicals done, everything ready, just waiting for the 2 years employment date!

Guest wishing i was there

Mark

457 Long Stay

Visa applied for and sorted in 7 working days ( gulp )

Balgowlah ( near Manly )

Waiting on airlines to give me more weight allowance for migrating hahaha.

Hoping to be there by Early November :-)

Guys,

I have a small doubt while filling the online visa application for 190

It is asking for NON MIGRATING DEPENDANT FAMILY MEMBERS.

In that column, do i need to provide details of my dad,mom and bro?

I thought to tick it as NO.

since, they are not dependant on me, they have their own sources to survive.

I dont want to make my application messy by adding all those details and get medicals done to them etc etc.

Please need your suggestions asap

BTW

I got my ITA yesterday for WA SS through DIAC

Our DRC ENS 186 Visa was lodged on 24.09.2012 via the online process. The DIAC has taken the payment for Visa and we have not heard anything since. We are now in week 5, should I be worried its taking this long and we have not had a CO assigned?

Is there anyway I can check the status? Our agent lodged the visa on our behalf and said she would contact when see gets news. Just hate not knowing what is happening :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Jeff 30,

On bridging visa since 23.08.12 waiting for my Skilled Graduate visa,

Aiming to apply for a 885 before the end of the year if I get enough points with IELTS and Naati tests.

Living in Brisvegas !

Good luck to all--

Archived