Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

Sally (34), Liga (34) and Justin (12)

Partner visa 309

Application delivered 31.12.2012

We received a request letter from embassy on 17.01.2012 for additional information (address in Oz and a copy of my UK status, health and police checks).

They advised us not to arrange health/police checks before April (because the current processing time is 8-9 months for the Visa) so they don't expire before we need to travel. We had already arranged the police checks though so sent them along with the additional info.

We will make appointments for health checks mid april (this is around £500 for one adult and one 12 year old!).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sally (34), Liga (34) and Justin (12)

Partner visa 309

Application submitted to Australia House, London 31.12.2012

We received a request letter from embassy on 17.01.2012 for additional information (address in Oz and a copy of my UK status, health and police checks).

They advised us not to arrange health/police checks before April (because the current processing time is 8-9 months for the Visa) so they don't expire before we need to travel. We had already arranged the police checks though so sent them along with the additional info.

We will make appointments for health checks mid april (this is around £500 for one adult and one 12 year old!).

Morning All,

It seems to have been ages since we caught up with everyone so lets have:

Names:

What Visa:

How far along are you:

Where you going to be living:

I`ll make this a sticky thread so all newbies will see it and can add onto it.

Hi Joanne!

We're a family of four. My wife, Rasha, myself, Ashraf. Lana and Ahmed

Our visa: 175, it was lodged on 31st of May, 2012. My time line says it all :)

We think Melbourne will be a good choice.

Hi Ranjit,

I'm from sri lanka,Appilied for visa on 14th of march,Still no case officer,My agent told it'll take 3 weeks time to assign a case office,Got the Police clearence and waitin for them to request the mecial and the police clearance,Will surely let you know if I get any update on that process,Keep in touch.

Ok everyone, i am new on here. I have been in Melbourne for 4 1/2 years now and am desperately trying to get my sister our here. She is a teachers assistance, has 2 children. I was thinking it would be sensible to go through a migration consultant as they may know some loop holes - any suggestions who is good to use???? Thanks

Ok everyone, i am new on here. I have been in Melbourne for 4 1/2 years now and am desperately trying to get my sister our here. She is a teachers assistance, has 2 children. I was thinking it would be sensible to go through a migration consultant as they may know some loop holes - any suggestions who is good to use???? Thanks

tbh going through a migration agent or not is not your first priority- your sister needs to have an occupation which is demand in Australia to be able to migrate.. & to identify that she needs to be looking at http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect. Do the Visa Wizard to see if she meets the points test- & then depending on the ages of the children, identify whether she will need the permission of the father to remove them (presuming she is in the UK) Lots to research- I doubt if you'll be finding any "loopholes" (but feel free to pass them on if you do ):wink:

Hi,

how old are the kids? They could try student (educational) visa, kids go there to school and a parent can stay with them, I know this from experience.

Good luck

Hi, Anybody granted 489 visa recently. In my case, I lodged the visa application on 30th of Jan. Received the acknowledgement on 31 st Jan. Police checks and meds front loaded. No response from DIAC yet and don't know whether CO is assigned or not. Agent is also keeping quiet. What should I do. Wait for some more or take any actions.

Please Advise.

Hi There.

We have had our sub-class 190 state sponsored (QLD) visa granted and I just thought I'd share with you our timeline to give an idea of how long (or quick) things can move.

IELTS - 28th April 2012

Skills Assessment lodged - 7th September 2012

Skills Assessment completed - 6th December 2012 - (please bear in mind that up until this point we had an awful agent who was VERY slow and incompetent so this may have affected how long it took to get to this stage)

New agent appointed;

Expression of interest lodged - 21st December 2012

Invitation to apply - 5th February 2012

Visa Granted - 18th March 2013

We are so happy and relieved the visa has finally been granted...the paperwork and documents seemed endless!

We have the removal company (Crown) booked for July 1st and our flights have been booked to depart on July 31st heading to Brisbane (Gold Coast)

How is everyone else's application going?

Dan

Hi There.

We have had our sub-class 190 state sponsored (QLD) visa granted and I just thought I'd share with you our timeline to give an idea of how long (or quick) things can move.

IELTS - 28th April 2012

Skills Assessment lodged - 7th September 2012

Skills Assessment completed - 6th December 2012 - (please bear in mind that up until this point we had an awful agent who was VERY slow and incompetent so this may have affected how long it took to get to this stage)

New agent appointed;

Expression of interest lodged - 21st December 2012

Invitation to apply - 5th February 2012

Visa Granted - 18th March 2013

We are so happy and relieved the visa has finally been granted...the paperwork and documents seemed endless!

We have the removal company (Crown) booked for July 1st and our flights have been booked to depart on July 31st heading to Brisbane (Gold Coast)

How is everyone else's application going?

Dan

Good to hear that Dan.

I am endlessly waiting for the security check to be completed as I'm from HR country.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi just wanted to say don't give up to all the patient visa applicants out there, we applied nov 2008 and we were finally granted a visa on dec 5th 2012, not all went well my daughter and granddaughter were removed from the visa by diac but mostly positive, good luck to everyone, see you on the other side!

Liv (30) Ben (29) and Elsie (2)

Waiting on partner visa for Ben as im already an aussie citizen by birth and our daughter has citizenship by descent.

Applied in UK Nov 2012...still waiting....They said gonna take 8/9 months...

Don't know where we will be living yet!! In a van on the east coast somewhere for a while most likely!! :0

Hi Mark 42 Tracey 43. IELTS Feb 2nd 2013, skills assessment sent to VETASSESS April 8th 2013. Building Associate heading for Perth. Not planning on going to next spring.

hi ranjit here where r u from i m from india and which is ur visa cateogary i have al ready applied

Archived