Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iubatvut

alll these things is applicable for all basically for getting migration visa .

i need consultancy in this field

Guest mikstylo

Another update...

Received FBI Clearance on Monday....for me it took about 6 weeks to get the FBI results back..

uploaded FBI Clearance, PCC and Health checks on tuesday...

Direct Visa grant today :happy_face_mummy_go

Quick question.....

even though i was given a direct visa grant<e-visa's>, i heard that you need to get ur visa stamped if you are from a high risk country..

I am from India, so do i need to get my visa's stamped? Will it create any problems at port of entry if you are from a high risk country and do not have ur visa's stamped? Am i good to go with a E-visa?

Cheers,

Miks

Hi All,

Just got contacted by DIAC today for submitting the PC and Health reports :biglaugh:

Had files my online 175 on 30/12/2011

In my case i need a clearance from FBI as i have spend a major part of last 10 years in Yankee land...

Hopefully the wait wont be too bad....

Cheers,

Miks

Guest stellahowells

Hi joanne

Im new to the site, and need some major advice

hopefull you might be able to help

im planning on going to Perth., i have friend and family there so accommodation is not an issue, ive been made redundant so flight is paid for. i just cant figure out what visa i need etc

can you help.

if you can email me stella.howells@hotmail.com i would really apprciate the help on what visa i need or sponsor ship to get a job, im a total loss

im 39, no motgage, no dependants,

friends live in bunbury,

family not immediate tho (Vi is my grandads brothers wife and her daughter Patty live in perth also )

ive not got a skilled job, im a credit controller

im just at a loss on what visa i need and or if family can sponsor me

regards

stella

hi Stella

Check out http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

Hi joanne

Im new to the site, and need some major advice

hopefull you might be able to help

im planning on going to Perth., i have friend and family there so accommodation is not an issue, ive been made redundant so flight is paid for. i just cant figure out what visa i need etc

can you help.

if you can email me stella.howells@hotmail.com i would really apprciate the help on what visa i need or sponsor ship to get a job, im a total loss

im 39, no motgage, no dependants,

friends live in bunbury,

family not immediate tho (Vi is my grandads brothers wife and her daughter Patty live in perth also )

ive not got a skilled job, im a credit controller

im just at a loss on what visa i need and or if family can sponsor me

regards

stella

• 2 weeks later...
Guest topsycombs

I logged my application for a 175 skilled independent as an IT Systems Analyst on the 19th June 2012, and uploaded my supporting documents afterwards within 28days as required. I logged in to check the status of the application and it says "Character Clearance and Health Test required". But the email i got says that offshore applicants shouldn't submit a character and police check report until they are told to do so by a case worker. I haven't got a case worker yet. I think i am category 4. i noticed some off shore applicants on the forum mentioning that they had submitted their police and health tests. Am i misunderstanding the requirements? Do i need to the tests and upload them asap? I would appreciate a quick response on this one! Thanks!

Guest Ashish N

Kindly help me for information for decision time after finalized medical and PCC.

My application is for : 475(vf) (GSM)

PCC & medical finalized on : 05-07-2012

Sponsor :sister in Melbourne-Vic.

Is there any information from which i can know about processing time for decision after finalized medical / PCC.

As i have already submitted Form-80 and also shows all documents as "met" and "received"as (Form-80).

Please help me if possible...

Sincerely,

Ashish

Hi topsycombs,

Where in the same position as you, lodged 175 on 27th May and says the same on the application status - and we too received the email stating that Medical/police checks should only be undertaken when requested by your case officer, think this is because the Visa will be granted on the date the Medical check or police check is carried out (whichever is first), and as it can take a while to get a case officer allocated, and as you only have a year to activate your visa, I think this is why they advise you to wait which is what were gonna do! Hope this helps!

Guest topsycombs

Thanks for your reply chris. I guess we have to wait almost a year to get allocated a case officer though! Anyway, it's the price to pay in a quest to make down under my home!

Hello there,

I am new to this site, 2nd post today only !!

Hubby and I ( and 6yr old daughter) about to start the migration process to Aus...... can I ask for some feedback.....

Do we use an agency or not???? We have been quoted £3K for the service..... no frame of reference if this is high/low/going rate......

I really want to make sure that we get accepted and feel 'safer' to use an agency..... what did you guys do ?????

Thank you:rolleyes:

Alex and Mark

Names: Liz 29 (turning the big 30 in Oct)

What Visa: 885 applied 15 March, 2008. CO appointed 31 January, 2012

How far along are you: Went offshore last year. Last document handed in last week, so waiting for CO to finalise application

Where you going to be living: Lived, studied and worked in Perth for 9 years until last year, then moved back to Kenya, open to any part of Australia really :-)

Hi, We didnt use an agent, why pay someone to fill in forms that you can do yourself? - you know the answers! you can track it online and supply info when your CO asks.

175 lodged 11/11, visa granted 5/12, we will be in Brisbane late September.

Gaz n Em.

Guest smadalek

Hi all,

Kelly Aged 31

Applied for a partner visa 47SP.

Lodged the application in April and still waiting for news!! My fiance moves back in October, getting a bit nervous at how close we're cutting it!

I'll be moving to Brisbane (Hopefully!!)

Good luck to all of you in the same boat. xx

Guest gibbon83

Hi, I am a bricklayer and was wondering if your hubby has found it hard passing the criteria?

I have about 2 years bricklaying exp, 10 years in various trades/building in total and am qualified.

Do you know if i'd have any problems?

Also could you please give me an idea of cost and length of time the process is?

Good luck on your new life.

Regards,

Ian.

Names: Nic (Aus Citizen) & J (Pom) + 2 smalls (citizens by descent)

What Visa: Spouse 309/100

How far along are you: Submitted 29/6/12 all paperwork submitted, just waiting in the queue now.

Where you going to be living: Melbourne - North/West suburbs

Hi All,

We are in the process of applying for 489 visa.

Anybody knows how long it would take to complete whole process after invitation?

And it also says that we can apply for PR through 887 after certain conditions are met. But they are not accepting new applications for 889 after January 2013.

Is there any other subclass to replce this?

Thanks in advance,

Sam.

Guest Frutsel

Names: Tabitha 38 ( Dutch ) & Mike 38 ( Aus.) Married for 13 years ( in Aus.)

What Visa: Spouse 309/100 ( Berlin )

How far along are you: Submitted 01/08/2012 - Payment on 03/08/2012 - First email of CO 05/08/2012 -Ask for Med check etc. 07/08/2012 - Going for med.check this week. CO replies very quick.

Where you going to be living: Mackay

Guest Gogs and Cath

Names: Gordon (Scottish) & Catherine (South African)

What Visa: 457 - Gordon is a motor technician/mechanic

How far along are you: Visa approved! Flights booked for 4th Oct

Where you going to be living: Sydney - Hills district

Names: Gordon (Scottish) & Catherine (South African)

What Visa: 457 - Gordon is a motor technician/mechanic

How far along are you: Visa approved! Flights booked for 4th Oct

Where you going to be living: Sydney - Hills district

Hi Gogs and Cath, Just wondering where you lodged your application and how long it took from lodging to granting?

Names: Paris

What Visa: 176

How far along are you: Visa approved today! Flights booked for 29th Sept

Where you going to be living: Sydney - dont know anyone there so temporarily ill be staying in a backpackers lodge

Congratulations So Happy for you..

Mine was granted 13/8/

Flight booked for 23/8

Also going to Sydney

Enjoy your New Adventure :hug:

Archived