Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

Sounds well supported by documentation and information. You will have to get a police cert from the UK and probably Australia is you spent more than 12 months here in the last 10 years. YOu will also have medical examinations, but not until you are asked by DIAC.

Email me on chris15@bigpond.net.au and I can send you the police forms and information you will need.

Best regards

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Names: Tony, Nicola, Charlotte (7), Alex (6), Libby (3) and Maddy (2) and Lucy and Harry our dogs!

What Visa: PR 175

How far along are you: Submitted June 2011 - Skills assesment done, IELTS 3x9 & 8.5

Where you going to be living: Motor industry so thinking prob Melbourne/Adelaide

CO: 13/12/2011 Police check UK submitted

Medicals: 29/12/2011 - finalised x 4 5/1/2012 finalised (final 2) 9/1/2012

Dubai Police check - in final stage now - about to send off to Dubai and then how long is anyones guess......

Granted visa 28th February 2012!!!!!!

Hi we're Suzie, Scott, Lauren and Chloe

We're going on a student visa although once out there Scott's hoping to get sponsored visa within 2 yrs in painting trade

We're at the beginning still as we need to sell our house to raise money to go and

we want to live on the Gold Coast as we have family there

Guest vangogh

Names: Mr & Ms. Van Gogh

What Visa: PR 175

How far along are you: Submitted 9th Jan 2012 - Skills assesment done; IELTS-9 & 8.5

Where you going to be living: Wherever the job scene takes us

WA SS applied : 13th Feb 2012

VIC SS applied : 13th Feb 2012

WA SS approved : 27th Feb 2012

CO: Waiting

Guest j14ynf

Hi Guy's just to let you know we have been knocked back with the visa ,so our AUZZIE DREAM is now over ,Been in cat 5 for over 2 years.

FINGERS CROSSED !!!for anyone in CAT5 and GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO HAVE GOT YOUR VISA !!!!

My husband and I are applying for 175 visa

Submitted Dec 2011 and so we are waiting for a CO

We are hoping to move to Brisbane but would be just as hpy if we got jobs in Melbourne

This waiting game is so hard but no we just have to be patient

which visa class did you apply in and when? thanks, I am in Cat 5, visa 176, application date 28.9.2009. Nervous!

Hi Guy's just to let you know we have been knocked back with the visa ,so our AUZZIE DREAM is now over ,Been in cat 5 for over 2 years.

FINGERS CROSSED !!!for anyone in CAT5 and GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO HAVE GOT YOUR VISA !!!!

Guest j14ynf

Hi Arshad, we started the process june 2009 and i got my S/S from Western Australia and placed into cat 5 got C/O November asking for more info that was emailed 15 December 2011

I got an email from our agents 1 March to say we had failed ,,,by they way im a self employed part time moblie hairdresser ..our agents were more then happy with all the info i had given but the C/O said my diarys were adhoc ,,,i dont think this man has ever seen a hairdressers hand written appointment book before as a salon appointment book would look no different than my diary ,,,,,,visa 175 is what i wanted ,,,,,,,im still in shock as we gave all info and more

I really hope that some of the people in cat 5 get their visa .i always kept the faith and got kicked in the teeth ,,,,,,good luck !!!!!

Hi Arshad, we started the process june 2009 and i got my S/S from Western Australia and placed into cat 5 got C/O November asking for more info that was emailed 15 December 2011

I got an email from our agents 1 March to say we had failed ,,,by they way im a self employed part time moblie hairdresser ..our agents were more then happy with all the info i had given but the C/O said my diarys were adhoc ,,,i dont think this man has ever seen a hairdressers hand written appointment book before as a salon appointment book would look no different than my diary ,,,,,,visa 175 is what i wanted ,,,,,,,im still in shock as we gave all info and more

I really hope that some of the people in cat 5 get their visa .i always kept the faith and got kicked in the teeth ,,,,,,good luck !!!!!

Thanks for sharing the details, it really is so sad to be turned down after such a long wait. we were end Sept 2009 so i think we can hope to hear in the coming months, we are in Visa 176 relative sponcored. You are the first person in cat 5 that i know who had heard from them. Good luck for future.

Guest nick2704

After a year of preparation, I am taking my application for a de facto partner visa to the post office this morning!

OH moves back to Perth in 3 weeks when his UK Youth Mobility Visa expires, and I have my fingers crossed the visa will be granted by August.

Included 7 stat decs, 4 from Aussies, letters to each of us for every month we have lived together, loads of print outs from joint travel etc etc. All in all it weighs 2.5kg!

I am so ready to go. hopefully the next few months will fly by!

Hi Guys, I'm new to the site! Nice to meet you all

Names: Stacey (26) & Richie (30)

What Visa: Independent Skilled migration visa, Subclass 175- General Accountant ANZSCO code 221112

How far along are you: Have appointed a Lawyer, had positive skills assesment and passed IELTS exam with score of 8.5, Lawyer is lodging papers online, this week, hopefully, she's just waiting for our funds to clear to her account.

Where you going to be living: Hoping to move to Sydney, Along the Eastern suburbs

Was just wondering if anyone has lodged an application lately,and since had their visa approved, as an accountant and how long it might take!? our lawyer has advised a minimum of 8 months and anything up to 18 months. But would love to speak to someone with 1st hand experience. I'm hoping 8 months is more likely, we just want to get there at this stage, :biggrin: Really dont know what to expect next, once the application is lodged

Thanks, Stacey

Hi, Tony (40), Sandra (42) and Luke (13).

I have just posted my Skills Assessment to Engineers Australia via ASA Consulting (our migration agents).

Going for a 175 Independent (i'm a Control Systems DCS Engineer).

English Test booked for 12th May, Going to post Visa Application after that.

How long does each stage usually take - my thoughs were about 12-18 months ?

Good Luck to all ....

Tony

Just got IELTS L9 R9 W8 S9 O9 - still waiting for positive result from EA - then post main visa paperwork, looks like we are gonna miss the july deadline for the new rules. Anyone have any idea what the differences will be ?

Cheers

Tony

Hey all.

James 38, Emma 33 applied for 175 visa under old rules in June 2011. Case officer appointed in Feb 2012, though they said it would take 18 months!

Applying as a Civil Engineer, but had already undertaken police checks skills assessment IELTS etc prior to submission, basically everything but medicals.

Fingers crossed for passing medicals as Emma has had the big C, though in remission...and long may that continue.

Frogster

Hi Guys, I'm new to the site! Nice to meet you all

Names: Stacey (26) & Richie (30)

What Visa: Independent Skilled migration visa, Subclass 175- General Accountant ANZSCO code 221112

How far along are you: Have appointed a Lawyer, had positive skills assesment and passed IELTS exam with score of 8.5, Lawyer is lodging papers online, this week, hopefully, she's just waiting for our funds to clear to her account.

Where you going to be living: Hoping to move to Sydney, Along the Eastern suburbs

Was just wondering if anyone has lodged an application lately,and since had their visa approved, as an accountant and how long it might take!? our lawyer has advised a minimum of 8 months and anything up to 18 months. But would love to speak to someone with 1st hand experience. I'm hoping 8 months is more likely, we just want to get there at this stage, :biggrin: Really dont know what to expect next, once the application is lodged

Thanks, Stacey

Hi check out the following thread - New cat 4 July 1st 2011 part 3

Mainly 175 and 176 visa applicants who upload their timelines. Very informative!

• 2 weeks later...

Claire (Ozzie Chick) Mike (Pommy Bastard)

VISA 300 - Prospective Spouse.

Applying ASAP as we are expecting our first child. :)

Anyone have any thoughts on timelines?

How long it takes from sending in application to walking off plane in Australia?

Thanks.

Guest twjgray

Hi,

Tom (26), Vet

175 Visa lodged 01/04/2012

Doing police check now and scanning documents from check list.

Hoping a UK police caution from 4 years ago for punching someone won't scupper plans...

Hoping to move to Sydney

Claire (Ozzie Chick) Mike (Pommy Bastard)

VISA 300 - Prospective Spouse.

Applying ASAP as we are expecting our first child. :)

Anyone have any thoughts on timelines?

How long it takes from sending in application to walking off plane in Australia?

Thanks.

Hello,

I've applied for the 300. Spoke to my CO a few minutes ago and she said current processing time is 5 months. I have my fingers crossed that it's a standard reply she gives to everyone and that it will infact take 4 months!!

:biggrin:

Guest charleysmum74

Hi there,

Claire (37)

applying for spouse visa

aus husband, dual cit son

waiting for cert doc's back from solicitor Weds then sending off application

Moving to Melbourne

Have heard 5-7 months prospective wait, but figners crossed very tightly that that's conservative!

Hi everyone ,

Conny 46 and Leonard 42 ( German - Australian )

Partner visa 820/801 onshore

Partner visa 820 apply 15nth Feb. in Brisbane Granted 23nth March.We live in Mackay Qld. the second property is planned near Bundaberg.

Archived