Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest Paulholl

Paul 25, Shelley 24, 176 visa state sponsored. Hoping to move to Perth area. Just going through skills assessment at the moment. Cant wait to get out!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tappy20
Names: Lisa

What Visa: 457 just lodged it yesterday after being nominated

How far along are you: not very......still waiting on nursing reg too..............sent in Aug...EEK!

Where you going to be living: To start off with a friend in Sans Soucci.............

Where did you send youR nursing reg??

Names: Pauline, Myles (40,41)

Visa Type - 175 General Skilled (MODL)

Submitted: April 2009

Skills: Senior Management Consultant (ITSM)

Status: Updated in July 2011 to say commencing further processing

Latest: Nowt, so thats over 2.5 years and still not heard a thing, no CO. Ironic as I have had 2 475 visa's (including my current one which I just transferred to another employer so that's 3 employers) which demonstrates that there is a LOT of work for me here and they are struggling to recruit in Australia with suitable skills - arrggghhh!!! Frustrated with this whole process!

Guest lisabreeze

Hi I sent it to APHRA in Sydney........Not a huge panic now job not starting until Feb 2012........Hope they have it done by then lol :-)

Guest dannywh

Hi there,

I have just been offered a job with WA ambulance service and are going for a sponsored visa ( business long stay ) subclass 457. Does anybody know how many points are required for this type of visa?? I have looked on the immigration website but it doesn't say. I completed a visa assessment questionaire that said passed but that was as if i was applying independantly.

cheers

dan

Guest moldec1999

Hi all, name: mol hubbie and 2 kids

Visa : 457 not applied for yet as waiting for AHPRA . Applied to Melbourne office 7/10/2011. Job secured to start Jan/ Feb are we pushing it a bit ;)

Only decided to go 1 St Oct !! Can't wait now! Heading to Melbourne :biggrin::biggrin:

Guest wannabeozz

457 Nomination, sponsorship and visa lodged Melbourne 22/9/11

Nomination and sponsorship approved 31/10/11

Still waiting for 457 visa part ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Claire101

Hi all

I'm Claire (39 yesterday!) and my husband is André (40). We've just signed up to PIO after lodging our 175 application a fortnight ago.

We were married last year and hubby lost his job the day before the wedding and hasn't managed to find permanent employment since so we're considering a move to Oz to get him back on the career ladder. He's an Electrical Building Services Engineer with over 10 years experience but as construction has ground to a halt in the UK he's had to resort to picking up freelance work as and when he can - usually away from home so I'm pretty much a weekend wife nowadays! The Oz seed was planted after he was approached about a job in Perth a few months ago - the job didn't happen but we did our research and decided that Oz could be a good option for us so we cracked on and got his skills assessment, IELTs etc. done and raced to get the visa application in before his 40th birthday.

Now it's a case of wait and see what happens... whether things pick up here or we decide on the big move!

Sorry for going on a bit, as I said hubby is working away so I've got nobody here to chat with!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Claire.

Hi all,

The name is Vera,

Visa type: 457

Issue date: today 7th Dec 2011

Heading to: NSW - Central Coast

Yay! visa approved, got the news at around 5:30 am, now am getting more excited and nervous, but i know its the beginning of the excitment, hurray!!!

Guest dean berridge

Hi Dean 38, Joanne 35, Chloe 12, Callum & Ben 9

Bricklayer

AQF3 passed 6th June 2011

176 Family sponsor recieved 16th June 2011

Awaiting CO

House on market,kids in storage( but we are not eager!!):biggrin:

Paul 25, Shelley 24, 176 visa state sponsored. Hoping to move to Perth area. Just going through skills assessment at the moment. Cant wait to get out!!!

Hi there,

We too are on the way of applying for 176 visa state sponsored. We are orginally from Pakistan. My husband is also going through skills assessment at the moment through Vetassess. Which assessing authority have u submitted your application with. Hoping that things move fast and we can apply for the visa before 01 July 2012, because then it would become difficult with EOI gets enforced for visa processing. Under what occupation r u applying for.

Hi my name is Jayne i'm 45yrs old and a hairdresser my husband Colin is 47yrs old ,i lodged my TRA 8/10/09 AND WAS SUCCESSFUL 9/11/09 W.A STATE SPONSERSHIP LODGED 9/11/09 176 VISA LODGED 5/3/10 W.A STATE SPONSERSHIP PASSED 3/9/10. Last email from our agents 2/11/10 put into GROUP 5 as goal post kept changing with the Goverment. 5/10/11 out of the blue agents emailed again to say we have a case officer who wanted more info WHICH THEY ARE LOOKING OVER NOW !!!!!!! fingers crossed after all this time they yes!!!

My O/H brother and wife moved out 12 March this year and are renting in Lakeside but are now going to purchase a new build in Baldivis so we hope to join them .

Names: Thom

Visa Type: Partner Visa - Subclass 820

How far into process: About to Apply

Job: Hoping to find IT 1st Line Support

Where ya heading? Already here in Sydney, NSW

Hi All, I hope someone can help. My current visa runs out on 10th Jan 2012 and still waiting for my UK police check to come back so i can apply for the partner visa.

Once i have sent off the application, can anyone tell me how long it takes to be issued or until a bridging visa is issued? I really don't want to have to leave my wife and return to the UK till it is approved... If i have to go back, i'll lose my current job and be starting from scratch again.

Also, does anyone know where best to get into an IT 1st line support job? I'm hoping for a career change into IT and currently studying for my Cisco CCNA, but still getting told by recruitment agencies and companies directly that no-one will even look at me till i get permanent residency which will be about 2 years away still, so starting to get quite worried for both counts. All i need is a chance...

Thanks everyone

Thom

Just got the email from our CO requesting info!

Worst timing ever - 28 days over Christmas to get medicals and PCC from Dubai done! and get more info from DHs employer which is of course on mandatory shutdown b'n Xmas and New Year!

Still excited though!

Names: Tony, Nicola, Charlotte (7), Alex (6), Libby (3) and Maddy (2) and Lucy and Harry our dogs!

What Visa: PR 175

How far along are you: Submitted June 2011 - Skills assesment done, IELTS 3x9 & 8.5

Where you going to be living: Motor industry so thinking prob Melbourne way

No CO yet, no medicals yet - looks like another 15 months for us :-( but so long as we get there in the end it's all good x

Guest Slanted

Current Visa: Bridging A

Lodged app for Partner Visa 820 5th October 2011 in Melbourne

Current status: awaiting allocation to a CO. Hope this happens soon as the uncertainty is unsettling :arghh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xaitha

Very excited to announce:

1 April 2011 : 175 visa application submitted

6 October 2011 : Case worker assigned and request for more information, medicals and police check to be carried out (typically just as I'm about to go on holiday!!)

29 October 2011: Medicals done

16 November 2011 : Medical results finally uploaded by hospital to ehealth service

21 November 2011 : 175 visa granted!!!

T.B.A. : Flight to Sydney

I was in category 4 and applied as a chemical engineer. Considering most people had told me it was going to take 18 months minimum, I was very pleased. Let's hope 2012 brings some new exciting opportunities in Oz.

Archived