Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest smish

Lodged Prospective Marriage Visa Subclass 300 22 Feb 11

CO Assigned 24 Feb

Phone Interview 30 March

No more documents requested or needed as front loaded everything, doesnt seem to of helped though

Still Waiting :(

Anyone had a 300 granted lately, and how long did it take??

Thanks in advance :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PeteC

Ok, I think I can now post something in here finally... :)

Job applied for in November, interview in January (phone), job offer in February, job accepted, contract signed March, wait... wait a bit more..., learn that my company has a particular system (GMS) to move people about between countries and read all about it online, wait a bit more..., get notification that my move has officially been approved by my company, get contact from the GMS people and fill out a form, later the same day get contact from the lawyers who do the visa application and sponsorship on both my behalf and the company and also the moving company, get an email yesterday to complete a load of documentation and send off copies of docs to lawyers, all sent back yesterday... So that should mean that the 457 visa application goes in shortly.

Does anybody else find this process of waiting, finding it a bit unreal and the move seemingly never going to happen (although you know it will), then something happens and you get nervous/excited again, then it goes back to the unreal feeling, then something else happens... and it goes on in that cycle?

Guest jmahood

Got a job offer, accepted, received the visa paperwork next day, completed it and received confirmation from immigration lawyer that it had been sent 5th May. Hoping it is not going to take much longer. I'm packed and ready to go! SOOOOOOO excited. :daydreaming::daydreaming: Although I am getting a bit worried, it's been over two weeks and reading some of the blogs on here, some people have had their visa's through in 24 hours!

Guest The Jacksonians

Ay up

Nick - 2ndary school teacher, Dianne with 2 little 'uns have an agent and are just about to do skills assessment. Already passed IELTS above 8 pts in each section as required. Going for 176 visa. Dreaming of getting to Coffs/Sawtell, NSW eventually but states for 176 on offer are SA and Vic. Want to get there asap.

Guest Pretty

Was just wondering if there is anyone who has been granted visa 475. We have been waiting since Sept 2010 and have not heard anything from DIAC. Cannot wait anymore, the wait is killing me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest emmblebee

Wow, came back from my honeymoon to discover Part II of my 820 Spouse visa in post - where did 2 years go?!

So an update on here is definitely in order...

What Visa: Class BS (Partner - Residence) subclass 801.

How far along are you: Waiting for my new police checks to come back, will finish up our stat dec's in the meantime and then we're done.

Where you going to be living: have been in Melbourne since August 2008.

So, so pleased to discover that Part II is 1/100th of the paperwork of the 820, pretty much nailed it in a couple of hours. Yay!

Does anyone know how long it's taking for case officers / interviews to be assigned at the moment in Vic?

Hi Everyone,

Julian 30, Sarah 30.

176 Family Sponsored Visa no CSL or MODL = long wait!

Application lodged March 2008 through a visa agent and we are struggling to get any information from them.

Anyone else in same-ish position?

My sister lives in Perth and is having her first baby due in November, fingers crossed we get a miracle and visa arrives before baby!

Sarah xx

So after initially applying in 2009 and being turned down for WA SS despite them advising we'd be accepted and then dropping in to CAT4 after all the changes today we've finally got some good news! Our application to ACT for State Sponsorship was accepted this morning :D Still sinking in and still can't quite believe it but today is good day!

So after initially applying in 2009 and being turned down for WA SS despite them advising we'd be accepted and then dropping in to CAT4 after all the changes today we've finally got some good news! Our application to ACT for State Sponsorship was accepted this morning :D Still sinking in and still can't quite believe it but today is good day!

Congratulations!!!

Ok, I think I can now post something in here finally... :)

Job applied for in November, interview in January (phone), job offer in February, job accepted, contract signed March, wait... wait a bit more..., learn that my company has a particular system (GMS) to move people about between countries and read all about it online, wait a bit more..., get notification that my move has officially been approved by my company, get contact from the GMS people and fill out a form, later the same day get contact from the lawyers who do the visa application and sponsorship on both my behalf and the company and also the moving company, get an email yesterday to complete a load of documentation and send off copies of docs to lawyers, all sent back yesterday... So that should mean that the 457 visa application goes in shortly.

Does anybody else find this process of waiting, finding it a bit unreal and the move seemingly never going to happen (although you know it will), then something happens and you get nervous/excited again, then it goes back to the unreal feeling, then something else happens... and it goes on in that cycle?

I know exactly how you feel, we too have had some waiting. Went for interview at beginning of April, job was offered 8 days later, almost a whole month later and finally contract sent through with letter asking for all documentation to apply for visa. We have just (on Monday) sent all documentation to them (Company) to apply for Nomination, I think they will also be applying for the visa on behalf of us as they have asked for alot of documentation more than is needed for just the Nomination. Now I suppose it is the waiting game....arrrgh :arghh: I am so ready to go already :rolleyes:

Good luck and hope you hear something soon :biggrin:

Guest PeteC
I know exactly how you feel, we too have had some waiting. Went for interview at beginning of April, job was offered 8 days later, almost a whole month later and finally contract sent through with letter asking for all documentation to apply for visa. We have just (on Monday) sent all documentation to them (Company) to apply for Nomination, I think they will also be applying for the visa on behalf of us as they have asked for alot of documentation more than is needed for just the Nomination. Now I suppose it is the waiting game....arrrgh :arghh: I am so ready to go already :rolleyes:

Good luck and hope you hear something soon :biggrin:

The nomination and visa application have still not gone in. My boss forgot to sign a document and send it plus the agent was waiting for some more information. Hopefully, there will be some movement on this today and the agent can finally actually apply for the nomination and visa. Corporate stuff takes AGES!!!!

Morning All,

It seems to have been ages since we caught up with everyone so lets have:

Names:

What Visa:

How far along are you:

Where you going to be living:

I`ll make this a sticky thread so all newbies will see it and can add onto it.

Hi,

I am Paul,been with Lisa for 17 years. Lisa is originally from NSW and has right of abode in UK. Applying for Partner visa 309/109. Application posted on 31/5/11. Received 1/6/11. email from CO on 2/6/11 requesting I go for medical,answer question 82 and I also need an Australian Police check as I have lived in Australian for more than 365 days in last 10 years.

So my medical is booked for June 15th and I have posted Australian police check application to my sister-in-law. I guess thats all I need to do. Mind you I was hoping/expecting that my visa would be a formality seeing as we have been in a de facto relationship for 15 years with a joint mortgage for 13 years.

I have been waiting 15 years for Lisa to say she wanted to go home. Hope she doesn't regret it.

Good luck to everybody else applying.

Paul

Was just wondering if there is anyone who has been granted visa 475. We have been waiting since Sept 2010 and have not heard anything from DIAC. Cannot wait anymore, the wait is killing me.

Hey Pretty,

I have applied way back in 2009 on a 475 visa .Had a roller coaster ride where everything was uploaded that included my medicals and pcc too.Have been requested to upload my medicals and pcc for the second time by my agent .Have done that too and now just waiting for some positive news .I hope after a year they will not ask me to upload for medicals again for the third time.Yeah, its gettting frustating ..:arghh:

Guest garima1123

Hello Sir/madam

i am a welfare worker and got my nsw state sponsership in dec 2009 before the implementation of SMP's .I have read on immigration website that people whoever got their state sponsership before the implementation of SMP will be considered under priority two.I checked with immigration dept. but they told me that it applies only for permanent visa not for 487 .

But y would one go for state sponsership if they got all the points for permanent visa.

source is

1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS.

2. Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation specified on that agency’s state migration plan; Also, applications from people whose nominated occupation is not on a state migration plan and who were nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation not on their agency’s baseline list of occupations at the time of the nomination (known as an "off-list" nomination).

AND

Q15 I have been nominated by a state or territory government but my occupation is not listed on a State Migration Plan. What level of priority processing will my application receive?

If your nominated occupation is not on your state or territory’s State Migration Plan, your application will be processed on the basis of your nominated occupation. As a transitional arrangement, applicants who were nominated by a state or territory government, prior to the implementation of state migration plans, will receive processing under priority group 2 if they were nominated for an occupation which was not on their state or territory’s baseline list of occupations (known as an ‘off-list nomination’).

Plzzz reply...

Guest crystal2005
Hello Sir/madam

i am a welfare worker and got my nsw state sponsership in dec 2009 before the implementation of SMP's .I have read on immigration website that people whoever got their state sponsership before the implementation of SMP will be considered under priority two.I checked with immigration dept. but they told me that it applies only for permanent visa not for 487 .

But y would one go for state sponsership if they got all the points for permanent visa.

source is

1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS.

2. Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation specified on that agency’s state migration plan; Also, applications from people whose nominated occupation is not on a state migration plan and who were nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation not on their agency’s baseline list of occupations at the time of the nomination (known as an "off-list" nomination).

AND

Q15 I have been nominated by a state or territory government but my occupation is not listed on a State Migration Plan. What level of priority processing will my application receive?

If your nominated occupation is not on your state or territory’s State Migration Plan, your application will be processed on the basis of your nominated occupation. As a transitional arrangement, applicants who were nominated by a state or territory government, prior to the implementation of state migration plans, will receive processing under priority group 2 if they were nominated for an occupation which was not on their state or territory’s baseline list of occupations (known as an ‘off-list nomination’).

Plzzz reply...

Because they want to get higher processing priority.

Those who qualified for 885 will get category 3 processing, they are able to get state sponsorship, they will fall into category 2 which is according to the latest information i have received from the immigration, the processing time will only take 2 weeks to finalise.

Guest Phillida

Hi everyone,

Names: Phillida, Matthew 18, and Kira 15

Visa: Distinguished Talent

Finally being granted subject to medicals. We go for those on 19th July at long last.

Application sent to Canberra in January, received notification last Friday 10th June, exactly 5mths

Will be living on the Gold Coast, working in Brisbane.

Sooo happy now, but loads to organize. AND I did it without a migration agent, just my Australian friends.

Guest Phillida
Hi could u tell me what cat u were or how many points u had, as my OH a carpenter and we have applied for a 176 at the start of june and would be great if it came through as quick as yours!! also did you get a CO straight away many thanks

Well it was difficult for me because I'm 55, the only way I could enter was on Distinguished Talent visa Category 124. Its not based on a points system, you have to prove that you have excelled to an international level in your line of work, which I have.

I had to send my application to Canberra and I think I must have been assigned a co straight away for it to come through so quick. Also I checked on a site on line, and apparently they only let in 200 of this kind of visa per year!!

Good luck with yours,

Where are you heading?

Phillida

Guest WannaGoToOZ

I haven't been on here much, but these forums helped me a lot when I was working on getting my app together. I sent a front loaded app except for medicals at the end of January 2010. I received notice that a CO had been assigned and a request for medicals in February. I had to do an interview, but I don't remember the date. My app was forwarded to Melbourne because I had been in some trouble as a young adult. The decision was made to let me immigrate anyway, and I received my grant letter today.

My application was for a partner visa and I applied through the U.S. embassy. When I found out my case was being sent to Melbourne I hired an immigration agent. George Lombard in Sydney is who I went through and he is fantastic. I would recommend him to anyone. Even with a difficult case I got my grant letter in about four months from application date.

Guest wesleynicks

Hi Everyone! Hope all of you are well!

Wesley 24 and Suzie 28

457 Visa. Application sent. We are waiting for confirmation.

Location Sydney. Plan to be over at the end of August... Scary stuff....

Regards

Wesley

Archived