Moving to Perth from uk

Hey Lee and Elly. How exciting! We’ve just used John Mason for our move to Adelaide from the UK. Our container is currently on route so I can’t comment on the whole experience just yet but the communication and packing side of things were brilliant. The team that packed up our house were great! 

Thanks guy's

We moved back from Brisbane after 16 year's but can not settle back in the uk afted a year of being back so unfortunately have to send our stuff back again. 

This time we fancy Perth and the west coast.

We moved international packers & Shippers on our trip back to the uk and they were horrendous  !!

We has stuff stolen , packed terribly etc.

So need a good company this time..

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2023 at 10:46, JZT said:

Hey Lee and Elly. How exciting! We’ve just used John Mason for our move to Adelaide from the UK. Our container is currently on route so I can’t comment on the whole experience just yet but the communication and packing side of things were brilliant. The team that packed up our house were great! 

Thank you for that.

How much did they charge please  ?

Enjoy Adelaide guy's 

On 24/03/2023 at 10:46, JZT said:

Thank you

On 26/03/2023 at 10:21, Lee Edward Blowers said:

Thank you for that.

How much did they charge please  ?

Enjoy Adelaide guy's 

Thank you! I hope Perth is amazing for you guys. 
We paid around £8500 for the shipment with John Mason. 

• 2 weeks later...

I cant comment on quality of companies yet as we are on the other side of the move but I can tell you that prices have come right down. A company that quoted for us last year got back in touch to say that shipping rates are back down to prepandemic levels so they revised their rate from 9.5k to 6.5k and I got back in touch with another who confirned this and quoted under 6k! This is also UK to Perth for 20 ft container.

Out of interest as an aside do you mind me asking why you didnt settle back in the UK?

We moved from Cambridgeshire to Perth in 2020 and paid £4250 for a 20 ft container . It took exactly three months door to door . We used Pretloves of Saffron Walden & Epping after getting a recommendation on here after having many quotes from the bigger movers . There was only very minor damage and no extra charges at this end . We only took out minimal insurance to cover specific items .

On 05/04/2023 at 07:13, Ruth1 said:

I cant comment on quality of companies yet as we are on the other side of the move but I can tell you that prices have come right down. A company that quoted for us last year got back in touch to say that shipping rates are back down to prepandemic levels so they revised their rate from 9.5k to 6.5k and I got back in touch with another who confirned this and quoted under 6k! This is also UK to Perth for 20 ft container.

Out of interest as an aside do you mind me asking why you didnt settle back in the UK?

Please may I ask how the company was please 

• 1 month later...
On 06/04/2023 at 18:59, InnerVoice said:

It's a while ago now but I used PSS. They were great and the agent they used over here was excellent too, and gave a us a very generous discount on extended storage.

Interesting.  We used them as they're heavily promoted on this site but had a very bad experience. The Sydney storage company they use doesn't give any discounts for extended storage, just told me it's likely to go up!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, jicms said:

Interesting.  We used them as they're heavily promoted on this site but had a very bad experience. The Sydney storage company they use doesn't give any discounts for extended storage, just told me it's likely to go up!

Sorry to hear that. Our overall experience with PSS was good from start to finish, and I would've paid the full rate for storage but their agent in Brisbane gave us a discount (without even asking) on account of how circumstances had become protracted due to covid, so we needed extended storage. Sydneysiders tend to be a lot more business-like, so don't expect any freebies down there.

• 10 months later...

I have the experience of moving from other countries to Australia. Aah.. this was an hectic and tiresome job and it took us around four months to get the clearance at the port due to inexperienced company and its staff. 

On 14/06/2023 at 10:46, jicms said:

I had almost the same experience as you.

• 3 weeks later...

We used Britannia and all was fine. Be aware that most are franchises and service does vary! Many use other agents in Australia  

Ask about shipping routes, especially at the moment with security issues. We paid more to have the container loaded on a different ship that was much quicker. We also paid more for final delivery as the big truck couldn’t get up the long drive so be advised that anything other than standard will cost extra. 
 And we insured with Letton Percival.

19 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

We used Britannia and all was fine. Be aware that most are franchises and service does vary! Many use other agents in Australia  

Ask about shipping routes, especially at the moment with security issues. We paid more to have the container loaded on a different ship that was much quicker. We also paid more for final delivery as the big truck couldn’t get up the long drive so be advised that anything other than standard will cost extra. 
 And we insured with Letton Percival.

The UK end of my move back to the UK was with Britannia - Chess did the Ozzie end. Both companies were great. Britannia were really helpful, especially as I live in a double-yellow-park-on-pain-of-death street! The two guys who did the delivery were amazing, fast, polite and friendly.

Again, insurance was with Letton Percival