Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

Received a request for AOS already - it only took a month from 143 submission. I was also asked to apply for Australian National Police Check as an additional document although I haven't been in the country for more than 12 months. It is easy enough online. Hope you all well and your own personal applications are progressing.

• Like 4
  • Congratulations 4

5 hours ago, Marilyn said:

Received a request for AOS already - it only took a month from 143 submission. I was also asked to apply for Australian National Police Check as an additional document although I haven't been in the country for more than 12 months. It is easy enough online. Hope you all well and your own personal applications are progressing.

Good news, yes they have been converting them very quickly ! 

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I have been stalking this forum for quite long time with a lot of useful information.

Has anyone paid for 2nd VAC but still waiting for visa to be granted?

I got 2nd vac request on 9th Mar 2020 and paid on 15th Mar but at that time my mom was onshore with visitor visa from 7th Mar and planning to depart at the end of Mar. Unfortunately border is closed so she was stuck here until 1st of June.

I thought by the time she left, visa will be granted within a week but we are still waiting..from them.

My main concern is that my parents heath's exam will be expired in Nov 2020 so we're afraid that they will ask us to redo it if the visa isn't granted by that time. 

Since I am seeing the department is still approving some applications so I don't know why our application is still pending if the quota of this year is over. 😥

Congrats @AlwaysVet: as your timeline is quite similar to mine and having the visa granted is so wonderful

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Millynguyen said:

Hi everyone,

I have been stalking this forum for quite long time with a lot of useful information.

I got 2nd vac request on 9th Mar 2020 and paid on 15th Mar but at that time my mom was onshore with visitor visa from 7th Mar and planning to depart at the end of Mar. Unfortunately border is closed so she was stuck here until 1st of June.

I thought by the time she left, visa will be granted within a week but we are still waiting..from them.

My main concern is that my parents heath's exam will be expired in Nov 2020 so we're afraid that they will ask us to redo it if the visa isn't granted by that time. 

Since I am seeing the department is still approving some applications so I don't know why our application is still pending if the quota of this year is over. 😥

Congrats @AlwaysVet: as your timeline is quite similar to mine and having the visa granted is so wonderful

I would follow up with the PVC.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Millynguyen said:

Hi everyone,

@Millynguyen There are a few people who have paid and are waiting since March'2020. Yours is an interesting one though because your parents are still in AUS and haven't departed. One of the conditions to grant the visa is that the applicants have to be offshore at the time of grant. 

Not sure if you have reached out to them and followed up to ask what will be the outcome in the given situation. Most importantly if any exception will be made and the visa will still be granted since they are onshore. 

It's going to be a while for the borders to open up again. Give it a go and reach out to your case officer. Do share the outcome with us on the forum. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, cfernandes said:

@Millynguyen There are a few people who have paid and are waiting since March'2020. Yours is an interesting one though because your parents are still in AUS and haven't departed. One of the conditions to grant the visa is that the applicants have to be offshore at the time of grant. 

Not sure if you have reached out to them and followed up to ask what will be the outcome in the given situation. Most importantly if any exception will be made and the visa will still be granted since they are onshore. 

It's going to be a while for the borders to open up again. Give it a go and reach out to your case officer. Do share the outcome with us on the forum. 

Read again ... the parents are offshore.

Best regards.

On 31/07/2020 at 22:46, SusieRoo said:

Good to see mandatory Covid 19 testing prior to boarding for all passengers travailing from Dubai to the UK (from August 1st). I can see how this will be the norm soon for all international travel and eventually the key to unlocking Australia.

I feel so sorry for you SusieRoo, you got so close to being granted your visa before Covid 19 reared it’s ugly head. Now Australia is so difficult to travel to. I’m in Mandatory Quarantine at the moment, the amount of people who have had more than 7 flights cancelled just to get home is heartbreaking.

I hope you are one of the first to get your visa grant when it gets back to normality.😘

1 minute ago, Alan Collett said:

I would follow up with the PVC.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan,

Apparently I did email my agent to follow up with the team. But yet to receive any response from them.

My agent asked if I wish to lodge a complain but I need to show them the evidence of which application is granted. I don't think I would have this information apart from what i have read from the forum so it wouldn't be sufficient enough , would it?

1 minute ago, Millynguyen said:

Thanks Alan,

Apparently I did email my agent to follow up with the team. But yet to receive any response from them.

My agent asked if I wish to lodge a complain but I need to show them the evidence of which application is granted. I don't think I would have this information apart from what i have read from the forum so it wouldn't be sufficient enough , would it?

Evidence of other visa grants isn't the issue.

We had a very similar case, and visas have been granted.

I'd be communicating with contacts at the Department.   Does your agent have any such contacts?

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alan Collett said:

Evidence of other visa grants isn't the issue.

We had a very similar case, and visas have been granted.

I'd be communicating with contacts at the Department.   Does your agent have any such contacts?

Best regards.

I think they do as she mentioned to me that she has emailed case officer who sent us a reminder of health exam expiration when we have asked for the extension since she had no flight to depart within 28 days from the date of 2nd VAC is requested.

So I don't know what to do next.. interestingly that my agent said the quota of this year is over so her assumption is that we might have to wait until Oct for the new budget meeting..which it seems not convincing me.

I was under the impression that the visa quota followed the financial year, so the 'fresh' 6,100 +/- allocation for 143 started in July.  Does anyone know if this is roughly correct please? 

Also, if this amount processed at say 500 visas per month, or just just processed as-and-when until the quota is reached?

I was hoping my Aug 2016 application would be reaching the 'request for further docs and medical' stage around Sep/Oct this year based on current trends.

Thanks,

Paul

7 hours ago, Millynguyen said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you.  I hope that you will have good news soon.

I'm not an expert by any means but I would take Alan's advice, contact the department.  IMHO, I would explain and ask for advice from them. Any advice/ options from your agent, apart from lodging complaints?

Edited by AlwaysVet

12 minutes ago, AlwaysVet said:

Thank you.  I hope that you will have good news soon.

I'm not an expert by any means but I would take Alan's advice, contact the department.  IMHO, I would explain and ask for advice from them. Any advice/ options from your agent, apart from lodging complaints?

Thanks i hope so too after seeing your application is granted ☺️

My agent has emailed case officer on 31st Jul to follow up but yet to hear anything back so apart from lodging a complaint, however I do not have legit information: such as applicant/date has been granted plus her assumption is the quota of this year has been reached therefore I have to patiently wait..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Millynguyen said:

Thanks i hope so too after seeing your application is granted ☺️

My agent has emailed case officer on 31st Jul to follow up but yet to hear anything back so apart from lodging a complaint, however I do not have legit information: such as applicant/date has been granted plus her assumption is the quota of this year has been reached therefore I have to patiently wait..

I truly believe that once the 2nd VAC is paid, it is common sense to understand that no other document including a health certificate is further required, although they may ask for it.  I could be wrong though.  Your part is fulfilled when 2nd VAC paid, and the process is in the department's hand.  And I am confident that they understand. 

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AlwaysVet said:

I truly believe that once the 2nd VAC is paid, it is common sense to understand that no other document including a health certificate is further required, although they may ask for it.  I could be wrong though.  Your part is fulfilled when 2nd VAC paid, and the process is in the department's hand.  And I am confident that they understand. 

Good luck.

Same thought with you.

May I ask if you did apply via agent?

Everyday first thing to do is checking my inbox 😉

1 minute ago, Millynguyen said:

Same thought with you.

May I ask if you did apply via agent?

Everyday first thing to do is checking my inbox 😉

Nope, our applications are very straightforward.  But need a lot of research and reading, Engish is not our first language.

We do that, too, checking email. 😁 

8 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

I feel so sorry for you SusieRoo, you got so close to being granted your visa before Covid 19 reared it’s ugly head. Now Australia is so difficult to travel to. I’m in Mandatory Quarantine at the moment, the amount of people who have had more than 7 flights cancelled just to get home is heartbreaking.

I hope you are one of the first to get your visa grant when it gets back to normality.😘

Thank you for your comments. Yes, unfortunately we are still here in the UK having just missed travelling before the restrictions commenced.

I’m not too optimistic in my expectations and I’m adjusting to the notion that we may now be delayed for 12 to 18 months (or even longer). I read today that NT is expecting to keep its borders closed for 18 months. I can’t see how Australia would open international borders with internal borders still closed.

8 hours ago, Millynguyen said:

I think they do as she mentioned to me that she has emailed case officer who sent us a reminder of health exam expiration when we have asked for the extension since she had no flight to depart within 28 days from the date of 2nd VAC is requested.

So I don't know what to do next.. interestingly that my agent said the quota of this year is over so her assumption is that we might have to wait until Oct for the new budget meeting..which it seems not convincing me.

I think it was April 2019 there was a couple who’s final paperwork took nearly 12 months from their medicals and the validity was extended to 18 months. Sorry I can’t remember their names.