Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

7 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

I would be planning on the basis your parents do not breach condition 8558.

I anticipate this may well necessitate lodging an application for another visitor visa.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I have  8558 meaning another 12 months  is up for me in Dec. I also have no further stay condition.

Visa doesn’t  exp until March21

have paid AoS and have approval. Was awaiting 2nd vac request beg of Mar but sadly it didn’t happen.

would you advise I just apply for another 600 a few weeks before Dec? I don’t want to have to try to fly out , Tried in May to go home then but it was cancelled 

thank you

kind regards

Kath

Edited by Kathss56

9 hours ago, MELBNGSM said:

Hi Nat & Others.
Has anyone here got parents on-shore in Australia and are waiting for the 143 approval final stage?
My Mom is here and we have also submitted all DOCs and have been waiting for CoVid situation to improve so they progress my parents application, but on 29 Aug 2020 she will complete 1year in Australia and needs to leave the country before that date/unless I apply another visa (not sure). Currently she has 600 Tourist Visa which allows her to stay in Australia 1 year on every visit which expires next year in June.
Does anyone have some idea how to go about getting her to stay here in Australia as it isnt safe to travel anywhere at the moment?
Thanks!

Yes Im onshore ,12mths is up in Dec and have 8558 and 8503  condtion. 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Samda said:

Hi

has any 173 applicants been contacted recently? 

3 hours ago, Samda said:

April 16 

Seems we are behind the 143’s in that case which is rather depressing. I think they were processing 173’s ahead of 143’s last year so maybe that’s has something to do with it? 

20 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Yes Im onshore ,12mths is up in Dec and have 8558 and 8503  condtion. 

Hi Guys. My parents were actually asked to get out for 5 days to get the parents visa, this happened in mid-March and we chose not to leave the country, this means we now stay with Tourist visas until there is the ability to safely fly overseas.

For my parents, we will ask for a new Tourist visa. 

@Kathss56 I believe you first need to ask to get the conditions removed. Once that occurs, then ask for Tourist visa. You will not be eligible for Tourist visa onshore until you get condition lifted. Hope this helps

Kitty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/07/2020 at 22:33, Gadgetfreak28 said:

I haven't received the approval yet. I think I have read from other members in this forum that they do call and basically you have to confirm with a yes to all the terms and conditions etc. I am hoping that they will call me closer to the 03/08. At the moment, I have just submitted the application for AOS, and it is under processing I guess. 

@Gadgetfreak28 Did you hear anything on the AOS acceptance for your application so far?

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Not everyone gets a phone call, my daughter didn’t nor did she miss any calls, it all went through fine.

@Kathss56 That's what I heard as well. But they atlease need to send in the acceptance for the AOS in our my gov account and ask to pay the Bank Guarantee. That hasn't happened so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysVet said:

After waiting for 4.5 years, the Visa finally granted today!!  What a relief!!

Congratulations... AlwaysVet

you have been always optimistic... happy for you...

hopefully we will get 2nd VAC payment request soon...

• Thanks 1

On 20/07/2020 at 09:43, cfernandes said:

@Alan Collett This is what a mate of mine got when he sent in a request for the 8558 waiver. 

If you hold a visa with condition 8558 you should depart Australia before the date on which you will have stayed in Australia for more than 12 months in any 18 month period.

If you are unable to depart Australia before this time for reasons beyond your control however, we do not expect you to apply for a further visa unless you are unable to depart before your visa expiry date.

Your ‘No Further Stay’ waiver request will therefore be prioritised according to the visa expiry date, and not the date on which you will have stayed in Australia for more than 12 months in any 18 month period.

Condition 8558 is not able to be waived, however a breach of this condition under these circumstances will not result in visa cancellation or have any negative consequences for a future visa application.

Last paragraph “under these circumstances “ meaning COVID ?

On 20/07/2020 at 10:12, MELBNGSM said:

Thanks @cfernandes 
I am no Visa expoert but from what I read from your comment. 8558 condition (12 months stay in 18 months). This is a condition in visa and the visa holder needs to comply unless they have applied for another visa which lets them stay longer otherwise the visa holder has overstayed. 

Now since your in-laws dont have an 8503, it means they can apply for a new visa without waiver of the 8503. 

I am going to apply for a BVA before my Mom's 12 month period is up, because she holds substantive visa 600 and has applied for a substantive visa 143
The only contitions my mom has on her visa are 8101 (no work), 8201 (max 3 months study)

I hope this helps! Cheers.

Hi, I am currently here on a 600 visa with the same 8101 and 8201 conditions and want to apply for a further 6 month stay due to current pandemic we also have a 143 application ongoing can you tell me what a BVA is, or can anyone give me any advice on what I can do

7 hours ago, cfernandes said:

Hi All,

Does anyone know what tests are conducted at the medicals besides the ones below?:

1)  HIV- blood test

2) Chest x-ray

3) Blood pressure test

Eye test

urine test

doctor gets you to strip down to pants and examines your reflexes etc

drink plenty of water beforehand, I had a slight trace of blood in urine and so did my wife, we had to drink about 6 cups of water to flush it through, my wife’s 2nd test was clear but mine still had a slight trace, I got referred to a doctor and £2,500 later after going private I was given the all clear and passed the medical. 

9 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

Eye test

urine test

doctor gets you to strip down to pants and examines your reflexes etc

drink plenty of water beforehand, I had a slight trace of blood in urine and so did my wife, we had to drink about 6 cups of water to flush it through, my wife’s 2nd test was clear but mine still had a slight trace, I got referred to a doctor and £2,500 later after going private I was given the all clear and passed the medical. 

@kimboslice Thank you for that. It's crazy the amount you have had to spend. My mother in law has a slight blood pressure issue and she is stressing out about that. We too are concerned but looks like they ask a GP to look at your case and eventually clear it - Unless ofcourse something is really wrong. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cfernandes said:

@kimboslice Thank you for that. It's crazy the amount you have had to spend. My mother in law has a slight blood pressure issue and she is stressing out about that. We too are concerned but looks like they ask a GP to look at your case and eventually clear it - Unless ofcourse something is really wrong. 

We took an up to date health letter from our Dr, listing mainly any recent health concerns and meds we took. Much appreciated by the examining  Dr. saved a bit of time and questions. My husband was on blood pressure medication and as it was under control it wasn’t a problem.

Honestly as neither of us had more than the normal? age health concerns in our mid 70’s  it wasn’t much to worry about at all. They are really looking for contagious diseases like TB for instance, or serious health problems that will cost the country a lot of money.

This was in Brisbane 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ramot said:

We took an up to date health letter from our Dr, listing mainly any recent health concerns and meds we took. Much appreciated by the examining  Dr. saved a bit of time and questions. My husband was on blood pressure medication and as it was under control it wasn’t a problem.

Honestly as neither of us had more than the normal? age health concerns in our mid 70’s  it wasn’t much to worry about at all. They are really looking for contagious diseases like TB for instance, or serious health problems that will cost the country a lot of money.

This was in Brisbane 

@ramot Thanks for that insight. I will share this with my in-laws as they too are in their 70's. We will take along the prescription for my mother in law and her BP mediactions. 

Hopefully it's all well and good on the day and we can return home happy and relaxed that it's all done with 🙂