AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi

Everyone My citizenship timeline is:

Application submitted: 27/3/2017 online

Application received:  27/3/2017

Test date received : 21/4/2017

Test date : 4/5/2017 (passed)

waiting for Approval letter till date how long they gonna take anyone with same timeline

Thanks

• Like 1

On 7/22/2017 at 10:09, Deeppreet said:

Rang to immi on 20/7/2017 and ask about application status the lady over the phone told me my application finalised yesterday 19/7/2017and you will get the letter in mail soon.✌️

Hi deeppreet when you write the test?

8 hours ago, Muttley said:

Passed my test 6th June but still no sign of approval letter ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Passed 23 june no response. I called immi and lady replied the status is same as last time you called a week ago. In processing.

It is frustrating.

Updated Timeline:

1. Date Applied: 21st February 2017

2. City/Council Area: Shire of Kalamunda, WA

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email: Never received one

5. Date Received the Citizenship Test Email: 3rd March 2017

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 25th July 2017 (Passed)

7. Approval letter: tba

8. Date of ceremony: tba

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Felix123 said:

Approval recieved today ? Sat test in Melbourne on 23 June. How just have to wait for the last hurdle! The ceremoney can take 6 months apparently. Fingers crossed it doesn't take that long.

Felix123, u r sooooo lucky. I'm also in Mel, on 22 June but still waiting for the approval letter:(

1 hour ago, Elliot Tsao said:

Felix123, u r sooooo lucky. I'm also in Mel, on 22 June but still waiting for the approval letter:(

Letter dated 19th July so took 6 days to arrive from Canberra yet when I called on 20th operator wouldn't even check for me.

16 minutes ago, Felix123 said:

Letter dated 19th July so took 6 days to arrive from Canberra yet when I called on 20th operator wouldn't even check for me.

arriving time doesn't matter, so  23 June to 19 July, 26 days, appx.  4weeks. Today is the 34 days, 5 weeks after.

I called 3 times in last 1 week as it is already the 5th week. I appeared 23 June. The operator was quite rude and she said you called many times, which is actually not true. They said your case is within 16 months so it is within processing time. I am not sure as if this operator actually see your file?, I came to know that they keep track of your previous calls.  What should I do now? Anyone else have the same experience?

Edited by Sheila

28 minutes ago, Elliot Tsao said:

arriving time doesn't matter, so  23 June to 19 July, 26 days, appx.  4weeks. Today is the 34 days, 5 weeks after.

Be patient is all I can say. I only phoned once. They are beavering away checking everything and past travel and accuracy of application I am sure. I'm glad to have been checked so many times but I'll be more glad to be Australian and not subject to more checking. Never dreamed I'd be obtaining  so many police certificates and criminal record checks as I have done. No more English language tests and all the fees. 

I'm going to make sure when I have my Australian passport I'll take a holiday to one of the countries where I don't have to apply for another visa! ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kcec826 said:

I took test on 30th May and got approval letter on 7th June. Brisbane City Council. Ceremony scheduled for 16th Oct

Hi, I'm also from Brisbane city council. I did my test at april. Still waiting for ceremony. Would u mind share how did u find out ur ceremony date? Did u make a phone call? Or received a letter?

On 26/07/2017 at 22:47, Sheila said:

I called 3 times in last 1 week as it is already the 5th week. I appeared 23 June. The operator was quite rude and she said you called many times, which is actually not true. They said your case is within 16 months so it is within processing time. I am not sure as if this operator actually see your file?, I came to know that they keep track of your previous calls.  What should I do now? Anyone else have the same experience?

They have to track your calls because there has to be a track of what they said to you in case of a need to audit the application  and the file. Standard business practice, especially in government.

trying to apply for citizenship online today with immionline, keep getting this error after page 4/34

""We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our systems. You will not be able to proceed with this application at this time as this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.""

anyone else having this problem? tried different browsers and computers, no luck