AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 13/08/2017 at 20:20, Elliot Tsao said:

Hi Nemesis, actually, according to the Chinese policy on foreign affairs, someone's current Chinese passport's expiration date less than 6 mth, if I need to renew passport, a proof document from DIBP is required to show me not an Aussie or not applying for or waiting an Aussie Citizenship.  So, my current CHN passport is now only used for a Photo ID not for a travel docu....  

Could I suggest you search the internet to see if there is a forum like this, or an association, set up for Chinese people living in Australia/ They are more likely to have encountered the issue than people on here you are, in the main, British. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sheila said:

Any update guys?

3 hours ago, snifter said:

I doubt there will be anything for a while if everything is still on hold. 

I think Shiela was referring to those applicants who are waiting for an approval letter after the test/interview. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Could I suggest you search the internet to see if there is a forum like this, or an association, set up for Chinese people living in Australia/ They are more likely to have encountered the issue than people on here you are, in the main, British. 

Hi Nemesis, thanks for your good suggestion. But, actually what I said early is a fact and rule by the Chinese Foreign Affairs Dept and its affiliated organisations in overseas. I really cannot apply for a Chinese passport now, only stay in OZ until OZ passport, otherwise I cannot go abroad.  Thx again for your suggestion.

• Like 1

• On 7/3/2017 at 18:24, NSJ said:
    •  

Hi all,

I Just wanted to share my timeline.

Whitehorse Council (Melbourne)

Online application: 14 March 2017

Test date: Interview 11 July 2017

Approval letter dated: 14 August 2017

Good luck to everyone.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JYRvi6XH4LKUvdCW5vmCG44U7VG469oZNQeKgceVDO4/edit?ts=589cfc5c#gid=0

Edited by alvinmoe
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, alvinmoe said:
  •  

Hi all,

I Just wanted to share my timeline.

Whitehorse Council (Melbourne)

Online application: 14 March 2017

Test date: Interview 11 July 2017

Approval letter dated: 14 August 2017

Good luck to everyone.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JYRvi6XH4LKUvdCW5vmCG44U7VG469oZNQeKgceVDO4/edit?ts=589cfc5c#gid=0

Hi Alvinmoe,

Congratulations!  It's soooo fast.....from test to approved 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have completed test 2 months ago and wait is going on and on...!!!. A lot of pending applications after the Test in June. Change of rules and short staff may be the reason as there is a generalised pattern of pending applications from June test onwards.

Edited by Sheila

1 hour ago, Elliot Tsao said:

it's now ALMOST 4.5 mths, 13 - 4.5 = 8.5 mths remaining and the REST of ceremonies are two this yr, 17 Sept and 8 Nov 

I have gone through the spreadsheet and found it is only Melbourne where applications are pending after the test. Most applications from NSW are processed and they have received the approval letters.

1 minute ago, Sheila said:

I have gone through the spreadsheet and found it is only Melbourne where applications are pending after the test. Most applications from NSW are processed and they have received the approval letters.

Yes, Mel is the slowest site, NSW and WA always faster than Vic. But, for we in Vic, the only advantage is we can re-arrange test date online. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, donnapow said:

QLD seems to be slow as well 51 days since I done test no approval letter yet

OMG You haven't got approval yet then I definitely have to wait at least for  2 months to get my approval done. It seems very slow.

• Like 1