AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 hour ago, tech123 said:

Is the AFP check the main reason for the delay of the approval? I have called the citizenship dept last week and they told me to wait first for the approval that is sent by post (not by email). I am in touch with my council but everything goes down to what the DIBP feeds them. I was advised though by my council to contact them before the schedule of the ceremony just to double check if my name is in the list of attendees. You know, just in case gaps in communication happens.

How would I know, I don't work for DIBP! 

The whole system is in chaos due to the changes,  at a rough guess that is more likely to be the reason for a delay. The AFP check is done in minutes. 

9 hours ago, Sheila said:

yes, Because of change of rules the whole system is on in a freezing state. 81000 pending applications for citizenship in DIBP

81000 OMG! This stops me from making future plans.....I guess I just have to pray harder then:-)

Hi  i am from Qld, had my test on 20th April 2017 still waiting for approval letter, i have mentioned in my application that i want to go overseas  for 8 months , so they request for further information, and after that nothing just waiting for there reply, if i leave the country will it affect my application. 

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 08:15, Nemesis said:

I doubt that will do any good!

I guess prayers do work for me. Just this morning, 2 mins after doing my Wednesday novena prayers (which I have been doing for the last 15 years) I got a call from the citizenship dept checking on the movement of my son to Australia. Good thing is that the officer told me that they are already processing my application. Guess prayers work for some people after all :-) 

10 hours ago, tech123 said:

I guess prayers do work for me. Just this morning, 2 mins after doing my Wednesday novena prayers (which I have been doing for the last 15 years) I got a call from the citizenship dept checking on the movement of my son to Australia. Good thing is that the officer told me that they are already processing my application. Guess prayers work for some people after all :-) 

No, just means they got round to processing it. If prayers worked then the world would be a very different place. 

11 hours ago, Nemesis said:

No, just means they got round to processing it. If prayers worked then the world would be a very different place. 

No...it's just a matter of how strong your faith is.....so others call it luck, some call it coincidence, but for me....an answered prayer:-)

• Like 1