AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 minute ago, Sheila said:

Once we get the approval letter, then we have to contact local council ourselves or wait for a contact from the council?

Cheers,

Sheila, first step it to wait for an invitation letter from local council and check the ceremony date, then we are able to contact local council to change date earlier or later. We can do nothing before receiving this letter. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Felix123 said:

I have just read the email again and glad I did:

You must bring the following original documents

• The originals of all the identity documents that you submitted with your application, for all applicants including children; and
  • Any other documents that you have been requested to provide.
  • Any other documents that collectively confirm your identity and establish links between all names you have used (for example, birth certificate).
  • If you lodged your application online, please bring your completed Form 1195 Identity declaration with an endorsed recent passport sized photo for each applicant including children. If you do not bring the required original documents or provide the completed Form 1195 and an endorsed photo (if lodged online), we will not be able to verify your identity and proceed with your application.

Hi Felix123, I think because I am in the Regional Victoria. See the instruction below:

Appointments at a regional office of the Department of Human Services (DHS)

If you are attending an appointment at a regional office of the DHS, an authorised DHS officer will confirm your identity, take your photo, collect a signature from you and examine original documents for all applicants including children. DHS officers are authorised under the Australian Citizenship Act 2007 to administer the citizenship appointment and test on our behalf. You do not need to bring the Form 1195 Identity Declaration to your appointment.

44 minutes ago, tech123 said:

Hi Felix123, I think because I am in the Regional Victoria. See the instruction below:

Appointments at a regional office of the Department of Human Services (DHS)

If you are attending an appointment at a regional office of the DHS, an authorised DHS officer will confirm your identity, take your photo, collect a signature from you and examine original documents for all applicants including children. DHS officers are authorised under the Australian Citizenship Act 2007 to administer the citizenship appointment and test on our behalf. You do not need to bring the Form 1195 Identity Declaration to your appointment.

Wow that's very generous of them. I'm sure there will be lots of extra paper shuffling going on in the background in that office.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elliot Tsao said:

Hi guys,

I have completed test with a 100% full mark. Next is to wait couple of weeks to receive the approval letter and an average waiting time for a ceremony is a four-months. 

I managed to book test tomorrow. For prep, the videos on the website are sufficient or I should read the pdf book as well?

11 hours ago, Elliot Tsao said:

Good Luck! 15 corrects are enough, not stressful.xD

Passed Test with 100% marks. Thanks, Elliot Tsao for your summary. That was really helpful. Now in the waiting Queue for the ceremony. AS per current time frame from my council, waiting period is around 3 moths.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

On 6/21/2017 at 22:56, Felix123 said:

Hi,
I have lodged my citizenship application and i have my test next week. it says that i need to bring the original Form 1195 for myself and my child.
Unfortunately i cannot find the original form and photos. Is this essential or can i get a new Form 1195 filled out?
Thanks

They checked mine today.

3 hours ago, Sheila said:

Passed Test with 100% marks. Thanks, Elliot Tsao for your summary. That was really helpful. Now in the waiting Queue for the ceremony. AS per current time frame from my council, waiting period is around 3 moths.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Sheila, really excellent news for today. Now, we are both waiting for ceremony.....hope time flies xD

• Like 1

Hii everyone

Following this thread for while.

Just an update from my side. Got approval letter on 11 june and now waiting for monash council to contact for ceremony date.

Anyone from monash council waiting for letter??

Any idea how much time does council take to contact with ceremony attendance letter??

4 minutes ago, vik.121 said:

Hii everyone

Just an update from my side. Got approval letter on 11 june and now waiting for monash council to contact for ceremony date.

Any idea how much time does council take to contact with ceremony attendance letter??

Please update excel sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JYRvi6XH4LKUvdCW5vmCG44U7VG469oZNQeKgceVDO4/edit?ts=589cfc5c#gid=0

3 minutes ago, NSJ said:

Finally got my test appointment email today. Scheduled on 28/Sep

Keep refreshing.  You will get early dates.  I got on 24 August but re-scheduled to 23 June.  Good luck

Edited by Sheila

3 hours ago, vik.121 said:

Hii everyone

Hi vik.121

I am from Monash city council. i got my approval letter in first week of may. I rang immigration early this week and lady advise that my name is in the list for 24th July ceremony. However, I have not received any letter from immigration to attend ceremony. 

Hope this helps. 

On 2017-6-6 at 13:08, شكوبيستان السفلى said:

Hello Guys

I attended my citizenship ceremony today, Melbourne

It was well organised, did not take much time, around 100 person were there.

Finally, and proudly I can say I`m an Aussie, and proud to be a part of this great nation.

Good luck for all

How u get ceremony in Melbourne?