AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

20 minutes ago, Sheila said:

HI NSJ & Teck 123,

I applied around 22:50 PM AEST  on 18th April. Just 2 days before cut off date for the change of rules. I have not received any response from DIBP yet. It looks that you guys are right, after processing they have an automatic system which is sending emails out of business hours. I am from Hume council in Victoria. It is really a good news that people from Melbourne can refresh and potentially get early dates if they are lucky.

Perth & Sydney is far ahead most of them have already appeared in test who applied in April. I became eligible on 14 April but my bad I applied little late. Still lucky enough that I applied before the change of rules.

Good luck with the upcoming test on 30th June.

I hope you will get it soon. Sometimes if you don't expect, things will just happen. I did not  change my appointment date but Elliot said he managed to change his date online.

Hi,
I have lodged my citizenship application and i have my test next week. it says that i need to bring the original Form 1195 for myself and my child.
Unfortunately i cannot find the original form and photos. Is this essential or can i get a new Form 1195 filled out?
Thanks

• Like 1

Just now, Sheila said:

How come you got so early date?

let me explain to u step by step:

1. Received 1st email, last Thursday night 2210, scheduled 14 Sep

2. Then I refreshed date time everyday 

3. This Tuesday, 20 Jun, arvo to night, 3 times refresh: 12 Sep, 30 Jun and 22 Jun

4. Refresh completed

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NSJ said:

Great !  

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Elliot Tsao said:

let me explain to u step by step:

1. Received 1st email, last Thursday night 2210, scheduled 14 Sep

2. Then I refreshed date time everyday 

3. This Tuesday, 20 Jun, arvo to night, 3 times refresh: 12 Sep, 30 Jun and 22 Jun

4. Refresh completed

So lucky that you found people dropping from the list many times

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Felix123 said:

Hi,
I have lodged my citizenship application and i have my test next week. it says that i need to bring the original Form 1195 for myself and my child.
Unfortunately i cannot find the original form and photos. Is this essential or can i get a new Form 1195 filled out?
Thanks

Hi Felix123, read again the instructions in your test letter. I thought the same thing but if you read it carefully it says that when you applied online, you don't need to bring the 1195 copies. I had taken my citizenship test last week and I brought the originals of my 1195 but it wasn't asked. They will only ask for your passport, utility bill, driver's license and birth cert (or whatever identification you have provided in your application); for the child just their passport and birth certificate. They didn't even asked for the  photographs which were attested. But then again just to be safe, you can also do what sheila advised you.

2 hours ago, tech123 said:

Hi Felix123, read again the instructions in your test letter. I thought the same thing but if you read it carefully it says that when you applied online, you don't need to bring the 1195 copies. I had taken my citizenship test last week and I brought the originals of my 1195 but it wasn't asked. They will only ask for your passport, utility bill, driver's license and birth cert (or whatever identification you have provided in your application); for the child just their passport and birth certificate. They didn't even asked for the  photographs which were attested. But then again just to be safe, you can also do what sheila advised you.

I have just read the email again and glad I did:

You must bring the following original documents

• The originals of all the identity documents that you submitted with your application, for all applicants including children; and
  • Any other documents that you have been requested to provide.
  • Any other documents that collectively confirm your identity and establish links between all names you have used (for example, birth certificate).
  • If you lodged your application online, please bring your completed Form 1195 Identity declaration with an endorsed recent passport sized photo for each applicant including children. If you do not bring the required original documents or provide the completed Form 1195 and an endorsed photo (if lodged online), we will not be able to verify your identity and proceed with your application.
  • Like 1

I think if the old person is not available you can still get a new 1195 signed and attested by another person and you can tell IMMI that you lost the hard copy of the previous form. I think, as mentioned in the thread,  they might not ask. If they ask you can explain it. I think should not be a problem.