AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi Mate

When was your citizenship ceremony. I am just trying to work out how long it takes for citizenship approval to ceremony in Maribyrnong council.

Thanks

I'm in Maribyrnong too. Applied in August 2015, citizenship test and approval at the beginning of October. Citizenship ceremony 15th March - but not in Maribyrnong. DIAC decided queues were too long there and invited me (and 99 other people from Maribyrnong and other oversubscribed councils) to their own ceremony at the College of Surgeons Gardens (practically next door to DIAC's Melbourne office).

Guest juaning

1. Date applied 28/10/2015

2. City/Council area Randwick

3. Online / Paper Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email 29/10/2015

5. Date of the Citizenship Test 11/11/2015

6. Date of ceremony 05/05/2016 (invite sent 05/04/2016)

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) Normal

Oh boy, applied in Dec, test in late January, I guess I'll get an invite for July, I hope to fit into the June ceremony though

I wish there was an option to have the certificate simply mailed to you. It would shorten the queues and make things easier for those of us who don't care about the ceremony part of it.

The ceremony is the part where you stand up and publicly declare your allegiance to Australia, I think it's disappointing that you say you don't care about it.

• Like 1

1. Date applied: 12/3/16

2. City/Council area: Yarra, Melbourne

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email: Same day - 12/3/16

5. Date of the Citizenship Test: Waiting...

6. Date of ceremony: Waiting...

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): Normal

*update*

1. Date applied: 12/3/16

2. City/Council area: Yarra, Melbourne

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email: Same day - 12/3/16

5. Date of the Citizenship Test: May 30th

6. Date of ceremony: Waiting...

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): Normal

Edited by purpledonna

Good Morning.

My husband arrived in Australia 2 days after visa granted ( 21 March 2012)

Myself and kids arrived 28th April 2012.

I phoned Immigration to check what date we were able to apply for Citizenship on 1st Feb 2016.

The told me that I was able to apply for citizenship at that point .

So i applied for the whole family in Feb without fully understanding why it was just under the 4 year mark.

I was very upset when my son was refused citizenship on the 20th April 2016.

The letter told me that he did not meet the criteria as it was not 4 years to the 28th April....But they charged us a fee for this. GRRRRRRR.

However myself and my husband were accepted.

it was due to the fact we both came over on a holiday visa the year before ( kids didn't come)

But as one child is under 16 and on Husbands application , it was fine , but other is 18 and had to apply on his own merits.

I applied again for son on the 28th April 2016 and they have taken another fee despite the refusal letter stating they would not re charge as it is to do with time in country.

Very annoyed with the whole process.

Myself and my husband applied in same envelope in post and i have Test booked n the 23rd May. However my husband is still waiting for his.

I was offered a test date 3 weeks after i discussed this issues with office.

Apparently we are part of the new trial. I don't know what that means but they deleted my email and said I did it , but i hadn't.

I think Melbourne office is struggling with it all.

I think Melbourne office is struggling with it all.

This. I applied online on the 13th of April, and rang them a couple days ago to see where things were at. Was advised it could take upto 80 'business' days to get a test appointment! I guess I need to stop logging in to the ImmiAccount every single day to check to see if things have moved any further.. Sigh

This. I applied online on the 13th of April, and rang them a couple days ago to see where things were at. Was advised it could take upto 80 'business' days to get a test appointment! I guess I need to stop logging in to the ImmiAccount every single day to check to see if things have moved any further.. Sigh

I applied to the Melbourne office and kept logging in to check the progress but there was never any update or change then out of the blue 2 days ago I got an email advising me of my test date at the end of this month. Even now when I log in it just says 'application received'. I'd say keep an eye on your inbox more than their website:jiggy:Good luck!

I applied to the Melbourne office and kept logging in to check the progress but there was never any update or change then out of the blue 2 days ago I got an email advising me of my test date at the end of this month. Even now when I log in it just says 'application received'. I'd say keep an eye on your inbox more than their website:jiggy:Good luck!

Cheers purpledonna! Yeah hopefully I'll hear something sooner rather than later. Been keeping an eye on my inbox and the spam folder too [emoji16]. Good luck with your test!

Hi Guys

I submitted my application on Sunday, received an email today to say that my appointment and test is on 14th July. Is it possible to get the date moved forward? or do i have to just stick with that date? if it is possible, do i just ring immigration ( 131 881) or is there another number that i need to call?

Hi Guys

I submitted my application on Sunday, received an email today to say that my appointment and test is on 14th July. Is it possible to get the date moved forward? or do i have to just stick with that date? if it is possible, do i just ring immigration ( 131 881) or is there another number that i need to call?

Yep I believe you can move that date if you give them a call on that number. Must say you did manage to get a test date pretty quickly( us folks in Victoria are having to wait ages :()

update;

Date of Application: 18/03/2016.

City Council/State: Wagga Wagga / NSW.

Application Mode: Online

Acknowledgement date:18/03/ 2016.

23/03/16 got a email form Immi asking to send a copy of original birth certificate and Form 1339 before book for test

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: 07 April 16

Test date : 05 May 16

UPDATE:

Application Mode: Online (Provided all documents upfront).

23/03/16 got a email form Immi asking to send a copy of original birth certificate and Form 1339 before book for test

Approval letter : received by AU Post 10 May 16 (dated 06 May)

Ceremony : TBA...

Edited by Dinu001

Guest Gill2015
UPDATE:

Application Mode: Online (Provided all documents upfront).

Approval letter : received by AU Post 10 May 16 (dated 06 May)

Ceremony : TBA...

Hi mate, what's in form 1339.