FlashP5sub175

2 hours ago, abhi1234 said:

Hi All,

Update from my side:

Date Applied: 09/03/2018 

City/Council Area: Brisbane City

Online/Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 09/03/2018

IMMI Request for more info - 18/02/2019 (Asked for birth proof as my birth certificate doesnt have name, provided an option to submit high school certificate for Indian Nationals - It must have your name, DOB and name of at least one parent)- Submitted high school certificate the same day

Date of Citizenship appointment letter - 11/03/2019 (For test on 09/04/2019) - I changed it to 13/03/3019

Date of Citizenship Test: 13/03/2019 

Date of Approval: 13/03/2019 

Date of Ceremony: Pending

After I completed my test, the officer told me that he ran a police check and its cleared so he should be able to approve today itself. It was approved 15 mins later. He said I will receive a letter of confirmation by mail and Brisbane City Council with send ceremony invitation by mail. So, if my address changes until then, I should inform the department. 

Brisbane City Council typically shares ceremony dates and number of vacancies closer to the ceremony date and then IMMI sends them list of people who are in the queue. That's how they decide ceremony dates. Hope that helps.

wow thats great speed !, we are almost 15 months waiting  and nothing whatsoever from same  Brisbane based  application  ..... can i ask did they contact you for extra info via email ? checking emails daily and immi account but nothing other than acknowledged.....  we are straight forward application  and just a tad jealous you applied after us and already done your test ..... sad face  but waiting  patiently / inpatiently at times lol 

8 minutes ago, shiveringpom said:

wow thats great speed !, we are almost 15 months waiting  and nothing whatsoever from same  Brisbane based  application  ..... can i ask did they contact you for extra info via email ? checking emails daily and immi account but nothing other than acknowledged.....  we are straight forward application  and just a tad jealous you applied after us and already done your test ..... sad face  but waiting  patiently / inpatiently at times lol 

Yes... every email that comes in your IMMI inbox comes to your correspondence email as well. So, I received request for info via email. But once you submit the info, there is no acknowledgement that the info has been received and department doesn't answer any specific case related questions. Its just a waiting game unfortunately after submitting additional info

11 hours ago, abhi1234 said:

Hi All,

Update from my side:

Date Applied: 09/03/2018 

City/Council Area: Brisbane City

Online/Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 09/03/2018

IMMI Request for more info - 18/02/2019 (Asked for birth proof as my birth certificate doesnt have name, provided an option to submit high school certificate for Indian Nationals - It must have your name, DOB and name of at least one parent)- Submitted high school certificate the same day

Date of Citizenship appointment letter - 11/03/2019 (For test on 09/04/2019) - I changed it to 13/03/3019

Date of Citizenship Test: 13/03/2019 

Date of Approval: 13/03/2019 

Date of Ceremony: Pending

After I completed my test, the officer told me that he ran a police check and its cleared so he should be able to approve today itself. It was approved 15 mins later. He said I will receive a letter of confirmation by mail and Brisbane City Council with send ceremony invitation by mail. So, if my address changes until then, I should inform the department. 

Brisbane City Council typically shares ceremony dates and number of vacancies closer to the ceremony date and then IMMI sends them list of people who are in the queue. That's how they decide ceremony dates. Hope that helps.

congrats to you. However, there are many people applied before you and completed citizenship before you and they are still waiting on "Received" status (including me).

On one side congrats for you but on the other side its frustrating how Immi allocates applications without disclosing more unambiguous criteria to the public. 

8 hours ago, jimmy2621 said:

congrats to you. However, there are many people applied before you and completed citizenship before you and they are still waiting on "Received" status (including me).

On one side congrats for you but on the other side its frustrating how Immi allocates applications without disclosing more unambiguous criteria to the public. 

Jimmy2621 and others who are still waiting, an update for the 2017's

Three friends (2 from QLD and 1 in NSW) applied for citizenship on 6 June 2017.

QLD friend #1 timeline:
Application online : 6 June 2017
Acknowledgement by email : 6 June 2017
Request for additional documents: 6 November 2017
Citizenship Appointment Letter Received : 23 November 2017
Citizenship Interview & Test Date : 6 December 2017
Citizenship Approved: 27 February 2018
Ceremony: 16 May 2018

QLD friend #2 timeline: same but without a request for extra documents (approved in Feb 2018)

NSW friend #3
Application online : 6 June 2017
Acknowledgement by email : 6 June 2017
Citizenship Interview & Test Date : 4 July 2018 (yes, 13 months after applying)

Approved sometime in the last 14 days (March 2019), the status online changed from received to approved. No letter for the ceremony yet, but that can take up to six months. So, from date of applying to approved, a year and eight months.

In the first two cases, the online status never changed from received to approved - after the ceremony, it changed into finalised or something like that, but nothing in between.

But for friend number 3, it did change from received to approved.

All the best to everyone!!! 

8 hours ago, jimmy2621 said:

brisbane  seems to be very random ! we are 15 months and nothing, not even a test date  yet .....i dont mind waiting but its the total randomness of it all that bugs me  a little , if i was told at the start i was  say 550th  in a queue and i could check monthly online  where i was i would be totally happy  and stop fretting plus it would stop people calling them and pestering  them ..... i check immi and emails daily but still nothing for my family ...... again first world problem as doesnt effect my day to day life here  at all  it would just be nice to know all is ok...i take it that no news or requests for info is good news....? x

• Like 1

Timeline:

Lodged: May 2018

Received Test Invite: January 2019

Interview and Test Taken: 13 March 2019 (100% passed)

Council: City of Canning. Perth WA

Approval: Waiting

Ceremony: Waiting

Anyone from City of Canning? How long until you received the approval?

On 26/02/2019 at 22:18, Apish said:

I did my test on 12 Feb 2019. (Original Year day 5 April 2019 but I rescheduled)

Council: City of Canning, WA

I have asked a few people who did the test in WA in 2019, they either got approval on the same date or still waiting for approval. I will keep you updated once I got the approval.

Cheers:)

@Apish I’m from City of Canning as well. How’s your app? Has it been approved?

Hi guys,

Thought I will share my timelines for the benefit of others:

Application online : 23 July 2017
Acknowledgement by email : 23 July 2017
Citizenship Appointment Letter Received : 6 December 2018 (roughly 17 months)
Citizenship Interview & Test Date : 7 December 2018
Citizenship Approved: 22 January 2019 (roughly 18 months)
Ceremony: 12 March 2019 (roughly 20 months)

It was a really taxing time with the constant change of timelines but glad its finally over. Thank you all for sharing your timelines and updates. It really helps give insight into what is generally happening. 

All the best for all those waiting. Hopefully you will get your good news soon!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

1 hour ago, Boomerang8678 said:

Hi guys,

It was a really taxing time with the constant change of timelines but glad its finally over. Thank you all for sharing your timelines and updates. It really helps give insight into what is generally happening. 

Congrats mate, could you please let us know your original country?I used to believe that they process the applications randomly, but seems like some nationalities are taking a longer time than the others or maybe someone else might correct me 🙂

cheers 

Edited by Mazen

29 minutes ago, Mazen said:

Congrats mate, could you please let us know your original country?I used to believe that they process the applications randomly, but seems like some nationalities are taking a longer time than the others or maybe someone else might correct me 🙂

cheers 

i think you are right. I am from a HR country (Pakistan). 

but to be honest all my previous visas have been processed in the 75% timeframe. its just that the constantly increasing timelies just cause more frustration. always submitted complete appications and have never been asked for any additional docs so that might have helped with the timelines.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2019 at 10:53, Yeyebonel said:

@Apish I’m from City of Canning as well. How’s your app? Has it been approved?

Not yet approved...

On 27/02/2019 at 00:06, Tianna said:

Hi everyone, I had my test today. 

Applied online: 15/03/2018

mail received test: 14/02/2019

test date: 26/02/2019

i had 10 days not include the day received  mail and test day to read that book. Finally I passed 100% today. But the status is still received. 

He said have to wait 6 months. 

13 minutes ago, Apish said:

Not yet approved...

@Apish thanks. My friend got an approval dated 11-March and his test was on 18th of Feb. He just received the mail today (18th March)  from the minister (he’s from cockburn).

So roughly three weeks. 

Let’s keep each other posted if you may.

Edited by Yeyebonel

5 hours ago, Boomerang8678 said:

Hi guys,

congratulations mate

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, User478 said:

Hi i got approvel so how many days it will take to receive approvel letter???? 

So have they told you that’s its already approved? 

My interviewer told me that the results will be mailed to me via post in 2 weeks to 2 months timeframe.

1 hour ago, Yeyebonel said:

So have they told you that’s its already approved? 

My interviewer told me that the results will be mailed to me via post in 2 weeks to 2 months timeframe.

If you check your immi account you can see approval there first, snail mail takes a week or so. 

Hi!

I sat my test a couple of weeks ago and am waiting for my approval letter. 

I have a possible job opportunity waiting for me but I need to be an Australian citizen before they can accept me.

My question is whether the approval makes you a citizen or do you need to attend a ceremony first before you're considered a citizen. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks so much! 

1 minute ago, Rach Brisbane said:

Hi!

I sat my test a couple of weeks ago and am waiting for my approval letter. 

I have a possible job opportunity waiting for me but I need to be an Australian citizen before they can accept me.

My question is whether the approval makes you a citizen or do you need to attend a ceremony first before you're considered a citizen. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks so much! 

We need to take an oath first before we can consider ourselves a citizen.

• Thanks 1