AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 28/02/2019 at 12:37, imthedave said:

Filling out my citizenship application (taking forever to enter in amount of travel since I was 18!!)

Random question. It asks do you give permission for anyone else to ask about the application on your behalf. My wife and I want to be able to ask about each others if needed so ticking yes.

It says 'describe your relationship'

Options that seem correct are:

"Spouse/Interdependent partner" or "Spouse/De Facto partner"

Clearly I am my wifes spouse and she is mine. What is the difference between the two options above though? There isn't an option that just says husband/wife.

I'm sure it's irrelevant which one I pick for this answer but I'm genuinely curious which one would be correct and why?

I phoned them about travel since 18 and told them that there was no way I could possibly remember all that as most of it was European travel and you don't get stamps in a UK passport for that travel. The person I spoke to checked with their superior and told me the last 10 years travel is all that is required. I'm reckoning 'Spouse/De Facto" would be the choice seeing that you're married.

On 02/03/2019 at 14:38, Simonrbh said:

I'm reckoning 'Spouse/De Facto" would be the choice seeing that you're married.

Interdependent partner: you are husband and wife and have been married to each other

De Facto partner: you are living together as husband and wife but haven't been married to each other.

So if you are married, it's the first option.

Updated timeline below:

Date Applied: 10/02/18

City/Council Area: Mosman, NSW

Online/Paper: Paper

Date received the acknowledgement email: 14/02/18

Date of Citizenship Test: 17/12/18

Date of Approval: 17/12/18

Date of Ceremony: 28/03/19

Normal priority

Time taken from application to ceremony: 13 months

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

On 28/02/2019 at 10:38, Animesh said:

Hi again, just checking if there is anyone here who has withdrawn their citizenship application after giving the test, are they allowed to go back on permanent residency?? 

You can only "go back on" something you've got off. You remain a permanent resident until your citizenship ceremony (after which would be a bit late to withdraw your citizenship application).

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, redheaven said:

Updated timeline below:

Normal priority

Congratulation mate and best of luck for your future life as an Australian Citizen.

It has been more than 23 months since I lodged my application online, still no approval. Council: Canada Bay, Sydney. Skilled migrant (136). I have emailed, phoned, complained, FOI checked, also involved MP... nothing helped.  What can I do now?

Updated timeline below:

Date Applied: 28/05/2018

City/Council Area: Melbourne 

Online/Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 28/05/2018

Date of receiving Citizenship appointment letter: 04/03/2019

Date of Citizenship Test: 17/05/2019

Date of Approval: TBA

Date of Ceremony: TBA

• Congratulations 1

19 hours ago, Afanso said:

It has been more than 23 months since I lodged my application online, still no approval. Council: Canada Bay, Sydney. Skilled migrant (136). I have emailed, phoned, complained, FOI checked, also involved MP... nothing helped.  What can I do now?

Probably Wait

On 03/03/2019 at 19:20, redheaven said:

Updated timeline below:

Normal priority

Congrats Mate, would you advise what was your previous country of Citizenship?

• Thanks 1

On 04/03/2019 at 15:59, Elliot kan said:

Updated timeline below:

Date Applied: 28/05/2018

City/Council Area: Melbourne 

Date received the acknowledgement email: 28/05/2018

Date of receiving Citizenship appointment letter: 04/03/2019

Date of Citizenship Test: 17/05/2019

Date of Approval: TBA

Date of Ceremony: TBA

Wow Elliot that is a quick turn around for approval and ceremony. Just under 10 months, well done!

Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

Dear  all of my friends here,

Long time disappeared due to going to home country for holiday and Chinese New Year celebration with my family. 

*LATE NEWS*BREAKING NEWS*

I have been APPROVED  as at 27 Feb, I checked email inbox on this Tuesday 5 March, found OZ Ceremony Invitation letter, unbelievable, THEN I checked IMMI Account: APPROVED 

Thus's  I am really approved by the DHA of my second Home country😂

I am allocated to the Federation Square for attending my pledge in Melbourne, 26 March.

Finally, it is really a worried, tired but with expected result. 

Good luck to everyone, all of us will be receiving expected results SOON!!!

To be an OZ is always exciting and glorious! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Elliot Tsao said:

Dear  all of my friends here,

Long time disappeared due to going to home country for holiday and Chinese New Year celebration with my family. 

*LATE NEWS*BREAKING NEWS*

I have been APPROVED  as at 27 Feb, I checked email inbox on this Tuesday 5 March, found OZ Ceremony Invitation letter, unbelievable, THEN I checked IMMI Account: APPROVED 

Thus's  I am really approved by the DHA of my second Home country😂

I am allocated to the Federation Square for attending my pledge in Melbourne, 26 March.

Finally, it is really a worried, tired but with expected result. 

Good luck to everyone, all of us will be receiving expected results SOON!!!

To be an OZ is always exciting and glorious! 

•  

Congratulation mate, hope for you the best of as a New Australian citizen. I  like to ask a few things I hope you don't mind. Do you got approved email first and ceremony afterwards or it was approved only on the system. Which council would you attend your citizenship ceremony?

51 minutes ago, ence said:

Congratulation mate, hope for you the best of as a New Australian citizen. I  like to ask a few things I hope you don't mind. Do you got approved email first and ceremony afterwards or it was approved only on the system. Which council would you attend your citizenship ceremony?

You can see the approval first inyour on line account, a letter should follow. You will be invited to attend a ceremony in the council you nominated on your application, that is where you live. The council should send a letter of invite to a ceremony when they get your name from immigration. You can often check ceremony dates on your council website or give them a call to see how long the waiting list is. 

24 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

You can see the approval first inyour on line account, a letter should follow. You will be invited to attend a ceremony in the council you nominated on your application, that is where you live. The council should send a letter of invite to a ceremony when they get your name from immigration. You can often check ceremony dates on your council website or give them a call to see how long the waiting list is. 

Thank you mate.

@ence Thanks mate! I just tell you about my info: I actually live in the City of Darebin, Victoria. However, Darebin's right to hold OZ citizenship ceremony has been cancelled by the Department. Then the Department arranges me to make my pledge in the  Mel CBD, Federation Square than my Darebin city council.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Elliot Tsao said:

@ence Thanks mate! I just tell you about my info: I actually live in the City of Darebin, Victoria. However, Darebin's right to hold OZ citizenship ceremony has been cancelled by the Department. Then the Department arranges me to make my pledge in the  Mel CBD, Federation Square than my Darebin city council.  

Thank you mate.

Hello ! 

I applied for my australian passport on 18 Feb (normal process) and i am planing for travel overseas in this week but i was told tht my passport is in printing process and will get it next week. At this point, is there any way to get passport quickly ?? 

Thanks..

On 10/03/2019 at 19:57, Sheila said:

@Elliot Tsao Really so Happy for your for your hard work and dedication. All is well that ends well. Now enjoy as your long painful waiting period is over.

Thank you very much. Next waiting is just about ceremony pledge and apply for an OZ passport. They are just waiting within a planned time. Thanks a lot, my Chile and Taiwan trips btw July to October this year will not be negatively impacted. Also, I may have the chance to vote PM this year, if my delayed ceremony can be arranged soon within April or date in Early May...just hope it

• Congratulations 1

My husband received his citizenship approval yesterday (via Immi account)! Total application process was 13 months so they are starting to turnaround applications faster. 

Date Applied: 02/02/2018 (roughly)

City/Council Area: Gold Coast

Date received the acknowledgement email: 18/02/2018

Date of Citizenship Test: 02/05/2018 

Date of Approval: 12/03/19 

Date of Ceremony: TBA (now different council area)

6 minutes ago, catatemyfish said:

My husband received his citizenship approval yesterday (via Immi account)! Total application process was 13 months so they are starting to turnaround applications faster. 

Date Applied: 02/02/2018 (roughly)

City/Council Area: Gold Coast

Date received the acknowledgement email: 18/02/2018

Date of Citizenship Test: 02/05/2018 

Date of Approval: 12/03/19 

Date of Ceremony: TBA (now different council area)

Congratulations! 

May I ask what country your husband is from? 

Hi All,

Update from my side:

Date Applied: 09/03/2018 

City/Council Area: Brisbane City

Date received the acknowledgement email: 09/03/2018

IMMI Request for more info - 18/02/2019 (Asked for birth proof as my birth certificate doesnt have name, provided an option to submit high school certificate for Indian Nationals - It must have your name, DOB and name of at least one parent)- Submitted high school certificate the same day

Date of Citizenship appointment letter - 11/03/2019 (For test on 09/04/2019) - I changed it to 13/03/3019

Date of Citizenship Test: 13/03/2019 

Date of Approval: 13/03/2019 

Date of Ceremony: Pending

After I completed my test, the officer told me that he ran a police check and its cleared so he should be able to approve today itself. It was approved 15 mins later. He said I will receive a letter of confirmation by mail and Brisbane City Council with send ceremony invitation by mail. So, if my address changes until then, I should inform the department. 

Brisbane City Council typically shares ceremony dates and number of vacancies closer to the ceremony date and then IMMI sends them list of people who are in the queue. That's how they decide ceremony dates. Hope that helps.

• Like 1