AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

17 minutes ago, ahad12 said:

I went overseas just fo 25 days in January 2018. 

If that was a short trip like ours, then you should be able to get an invite as you are already here.

Did you contact your agent who applied for your citizenship in your behalf?

56 minutes ago, Joseph23 said:

Hi, I applied for my Citizenship on 03 Nov 2017. Heard nothing back since. Now I am afraid that some emails actually went to my junk mail.Is there a number that I can call to make sure my application is all good?

Thanks.

we applied Dec 17 and heard nothing. dont fret.

53 minutes ago, Chris N Lora said:

we applied Dec 17 and heard nothing. dont fret.

Come on guys I've applied March 2017, Test given August 2017 and that's it. No news for Approval yet and already been 15 months since application lodge.
Its not only me, few applicants are having same issues. Keep patience everything will be sorted out.

On 24/05/2018 at 20:34, Namish2015 said:

Hi guys

I had lodge my citizenship application on 28 oct 2017 from brisbane but so far nothing heard 

Is any one lodged from brisbane and have any idea how long will take more to open our file

Pls any suggestion

ThnxAny idea for brisbane

Hi Guys

Is there any update from November 2017? 

I applied end of November 2017 . No updates at all ! 

I am in Victoria . Please share if anyone from the same month has got any test/approvals  pr ceremony invitation.

thanks ?

11 hours ago, Oziee said:

Come on guys I've applied March 2017, Test given August 2017 and that's it. No news for Approval yet and already been 15 months since application lodge.
Its not only me, few applicants are having same issues. Keep patience everything will be sorted out.

Thats a ridiculous wait from test to approval and doesn't seem right. Most people have approval within 2 - 3 months after the test and some cases within the week. Do you have any special circumstances that may be holding up the approval? What country do you originate from? Have you been chasing them up, you would be well within your rights to do so. 

12 hours ago, Oziee said:

who said I am not patient, I advised him dont fret, ie dont worry .... 

I just noticed some of those who applied March and April last year were held up for approval after their test done.

I hope they get their approval soon. And I hope some November applicants would provide their input as well if they were able to get a test date.

I only rely on the excel timeline sheet to know the trend, but if some will not provide their information, it will be difficult to know the processing time. 

15 hours ago, Joseph23 said:

Hi, I applied for my Citizenship on 03 Nov 2017. Heard nothing back since. Now I am afraid that some emails actually went to my junk mail.Is there a number that I can call to make sure my application is all good?

Thanks.

i rang at 6/12 mark as was worried as nothing other than  the acknowledgement  - Brisbane - they just said still within time frame of 12-18 months  to total completion   and cant give any feedback at all on individual applications ... they said call back if still no test date at a year tho ..... sooooooooo slow

There really doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to the processing timescales.  We applied at Christmas and are awaiting our ceremony date (prob August) after taking our test early June with immediate approval. The agent who did our test said she had all the info and clear police checks so would approve straight away., we got the actual letter a week later but it said approved on our immi account later that day.

Our son applied on the 21st April 2017 and attended a ceremony on Australia Day this year.  We are all SA.

Guys it seems like they have stopped processing any applications . There are not many recent test invites or approvals/ceremony seen in this and other forums.

If the delays are because of general elections then when are the elections due ?  I am from November 2017 , but I see may people still waiting from June, July August still waiting for test invites .

My Citizenship application approved 21st June 18. Applied June 2017. As I am out of state at the moment and have no access to my mail box so I have called the local council (even though they advise not to) to see if I am on the list for upcoming ceremonies in July. Unfortunately not and the 6 months from approval to ceremony date duration they advised seems realistic. They tentatively suggested I should be good for September or October and will receive an email, text message and letter so not to worry about being away from home with work.  Hope this info helps people in similar circumstances. Good luck to all. 

On 03/07/2018 at 10:56, Vinnyrussell said:

same, applied on the 7th of November 2017 and nothing yet, that's for Sydney 

applied on 30/11/2017, based in Parramatta NSW, no test invitation yet.

my friend living in Chatswood NSW, applied on 29/10/2017, already received test invitation on 30/05/2018 and finished/received approval on 18/06/2018.

Edited by whtzau

On 29/06/2018 at 12:06, Zet01 said:

If that was a short trip like ours, then you should be able to get an invite as you are already here.

Did you contact your agent who applied for your citizenship in your behalf?

I have received the test email test is on 17th Aug for me and my husband it is ok n 16th aug. They have asked to get the birth certificate but I dont have. I just have 10th certificate. Any idea what should I do. 

44 minutes ago, ahad12 said:

I have received the test email test is on 17th Aug for me and my husband it is on 16th aug. They have asked to get the birth certificate but I dont have. I just have 10th certificate. Any idea what should I do. 

On 08/07/2018 at 08:47, ahad12 said:

I have received the test email test is on 17th Aug for me and my husband it is ok n 16th aug. They have asked to get the birth certificate but I dont have. I just have 10th certificate. Any idea what should I do. 

The letter is generic.  Take originals of the evidence you uploaded for the application.  

I DON'T WHAT GOING ON SHOULD THAT TIME  I GET TEST INVITE BY NOW  

1. Date applied: 28 October 2017
  2. City/Council area:brisbane 
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 28 October 2017
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: TBC
  6. Date of ceremony: TBC
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): TBC