AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 28/04/2018 at 11:58, Sheila said:

Application Approved.

Timeline

Applied 18 April 2017
Test 22 June 2017
Approved: 28 April 2018 ( 12 months 10 days after application - 10 months after test )

Thanks for your support.

Congrats. Did you get an auto-generated email notifying you of the approval? 

On 28/04/2018 at 11:58, Sheila said:

Application Approved.

Timeline

Applied 18 April 2017
Test 22 June 2017
Approved: 28 April 2018 ( 12 months 10 days after application - 10 months after test )

Thanks for your support.

I’m very sorry Shiela to hear that your application has taken this long. Is there any reason for the delay? I know that we have almost the same timeline upto the citizenship test. My family and I already attended our citizenship ceremony two weeks ago. Hope that immigration will find notice on the waiting time of your application.

So it seems like its taking about 5-6 months from initial application until receiving a test date and then another ludicrously long wait after that... Wifes application went in on the 22nd December 2017 so hopefully will hear something this month or next. 

Edited by CaptainR

46 minutes ago, catatemyfish said:

I think it's the luck of the draw tbh. My husband's application was received on the 6th of February and he had his test on Wednesday past. We'll probably have a really long wait for the approval letter and ceremony date now though.

Check on line. Sons status changed to approved within 24 hours after test but it was a few days before he got e mail/letter confirmation. 

On 02/05/2018 at 20:46, Sheila said:

Thanks for your kind wishes.

There is no apparent reason.  I think they just forgot about my application. How long it took you to get ceremony date after approval?

5 months after approval

Hi guys, I'm giving you my timeline so far

Online application applied on 07-10-2017

Acknowledgement email on 07-10-2017

Test date email - 27-04-2018

Test Date 07-05-2018

Approved in online immi account - 08-05-2018

Approval Letter ..-- none yet 

Ceremony Date -- none yet 

On 30/04/2018 at 11:55, Mavi said:

Congratulations at least you got test date. I am assuming that nowadays people are getting test dates exact after 6 months, which is very good news. 

Thank you! Just passed the test yesterday too. So happy, not sure about the 6 months though. Weird I also sent them an email on the 6th of April and got my test email on the 27th of April. Not sure if related, other people think it is just coincidence. 

9 minutes ago, AnneOz said:

Hi guys, I'm giving you my timeline so far

Online application applied on 07-10-2017

Acknowledgement email on 07-10-2017

Test date email - 27-04-2018

Test Date 07-05-2018

Approved in online immi account - 08-05-2018

Approval Letter ..-- none yet 

Ceremony Date -- none yet 

Congrats Mate. 

May I know which state you applied from? 

Thanks 

I received good news today. Letter received today and my test / interview is tomorrow! Not much notice but after a 12 month wait im not complaining. Applied May 2017. Paper based application. NSW applicant. British background. Hoping for a quick turnaround on the ceremony date so I can apply for my passport and be eligible for the socceroos at this years world cup. Im pretty handy as a centre forward. 

• Like 1

Hi guys, 

hope this is the correct feed to ask. Does anyone know how long I have to wait to be eligible for citizenship. I came as a permanent resident on a subclass 100 visa. I’ve been here 3 years now. The website says 4 but I spoke to immigration a while ago and they said 3 years. So just want to be sure before I apply. 

Thanks,

Rikke. :biggrin:

53 minutes ago, Rikkeskill said:

Hi guys, 

hope this is the correct feed to ask. Does anyone know how long I have to wait to be eligible for citizenship. I came as a permanent resident on a subclass 100 visa. I’ve been here 3 years now. The website says 4 but I spoke to immigration a while ago and they said 3 years. So just want to be sure before I apply. 

Thanks,

Rikke. :biggrin:

If the date you emigrated was the first time you visited Australia then you'll have to wait 4 years. If however you visited previously then you can back date your 4 year resident period to up to a year before you arrived. The reason being that the residence period is 4 years but you can be out of the country for up to 12 months of that period - and there's nothing to say it can't be the first 12 months of that 4 year period. You don't need to be in Australia on the first day of your residence period (or on any of the first 365 provided you haven't left the country since arriving) but you do need to have been in Australia at some point over 4 years ago and can't have been in Australia illegally at any point in the previous 4 years (includes period on certain bridging visas) as that restarts the clock. I think there was also some catch that meant this didn't work for people who came out on 457s - but I don't remember why. But get it all right and you only actually need to have lived in Australia for 3 years before being eligible to apply for citizenship. Put the correct dates into the citizenship calculator and it should show this for you.

Just got my test today and noticed my immi account has changed to approved.

What is the next step after that? 

Will I receive a letter from immi to confirm the approval and then another one with the ceremony's date? 

19 hours ago, AnneOz said:

Thank you! Just passed the test yesterday too. So happy, not sure about the 6 months though. Weird I also sent them an email on the 6th of April and got my test email on the 27th of April. Not sure if related, other people think it is just coincidence. 

Great congratulations :)

Can i ask what is the email you used for contacting thf immigration officers?