Fun things for non-drinkers and vegans

Jupiter

When talking about Australia, the first thing that comes up is the bars and night life. Where l am from, bars are seen as shady places where losers like to hang. l don't drink (for health and I simply don't fancy the taste). Also, l'm almost a vegan (for health and ethics). l eat vegetables and some fish. So barbecue and burgers are also out of the question. So what can people like me do to entertain themselves in Australia?

The same things that you'd do pretty much anywhere else, to be honest.  Australia isn't just about bars, night life and barbecues, there are plenty of things to do.  I drink and I'm not vegan, but I didn't hang around in bars or attend barbecues in Australia.  There are plenty of beaches, national parks, and other outdoor things to do, depending on the sort of sporting or leisure activities you enjoy.  There are also theatres, cinemas, coffee shops and restaurants (including vegan ones I would think, although I never looked).  There are plenty of special interest clubs, groups, classes and societies to join, depending on your interests too.  Just look for what interests you and do that.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

When talking about Australia, the first thing that comes up is the bars and night life. Where l am from, bars are seen as shady places where losers like to hang. l don't drink (for health and I simply don't fancy the taste). Also, l'm almost a vegan (for health and ethics). l eat vegetables and some fish. So barbecue and burgers are also out of the question. So what can people like me do to entertain themselves in Australia?

Image result for playing tiddlywinks

Edited by Perthbum
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I really don't think you can be almost vegan. That's like me saying I'm almost vegetarian. I would call you pescaterian.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Not getting the joke. Why is he staring at the cup like that?

Tiddlywinks.

Do you like the outdoors? There is alot of it in Australia. Walking, cycling, water sports. Plenty to do without boozing and BBQs.

Edited by newjez

7 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Haven't you been to Australia before?  What did you do last time?

10 hours ago, Jupiter said:

l eat vegetables and some fish. So barbecue and burgers are also out of the question.

You do know you can barbecue vegetables and fish, don't you?     That's mostly my diet and it's never stopped me.  

So what can people like me do to entertain themselves in Australia?

The zillion and one things on offer other than bars and barbecues.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

I used to get a bit angry of your constant pommie bashing, now I honestly feel sorry for you.

We are looking forward to watching the match between Liverpool and Tottenham later this evening.  The girlie ball as Bulya calls it is the best ball game in the world to watch.  ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jupiter said:

As you don’t live here I guess it’s not really an issue is it? ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toots said:

We are looking forward to watching the match between Liverpool and Tottenham later this evening.  The girlie ball as Bulya calls it is the best ball game in the world to watch.  ?

100% tried watching that boring game in Oz with grown men in tight shorts with skinny long legs, rather watch paint dry.