Just now, Katiebobbles said:

Lodged in June 18, Medical and police checks completed by 31st July 18, so should be decision ready. However still sat on "recieved" and not a peep.
Have limited myself to checking it once a week as a max, otherwise will go mad!!!!
Have you lodged Askem??? What are your stats???

Hello - yes we lodged in April and it’s still on ‘received.’ It was all front loaded too because our agent said it would likely only take 4 - 6 months. The goalposts changed somewhat though when they raised the processing times and I nearly had a heart attack! I have literally everything crossed and was pleased to see the change to 13 months. X

Well fingers crossed it starts moving again soon. Have a week off work to start the tip trips and de-clutter a bit so that its not all overwhelming at the end. Also to stop myself from going mad!!!!!
Good luck and fingers crossed we all hear something soon, i know some have been waiting a lot longer than me but would be nice to see some movement from London at least we know they are looking at our pile then!!!!!

Hello all,

I've been lurking for a while trying to get info on expected dates of grant. It’s been a slow process and I nearly had a fit when the timeframe doubled in Aug.

Partner and daughter are both aus citizens, been together over 3 years and applied June 4 2018. Preloaded health and police checks, now it’s a case of waiting for that “received” to change, any form of movement would be nice. 

Anyway, hello to all!

Hello Katie,

thank you for the welcome, not sure I should now talk to you, as you are Brisbane bound, heard they are all weird up that way. Ha.

I would love to have the visa before Christmas as I can activate it when I spend December in Oz (heading there in E-visa as it stands). I think that’s a bit of a long shot, I’m thinking it’ll be The 12 months at the moment.

Heya SydneyBound,
Yeh i always knew I was a limited edition... will be nice to have others around who are just as crackers and may find my bad jokes funny!!!!!!!!! You should take pitty on me and pat me on the head and say there, there!!!!!
All crossed we hear before xmas too .... we would love to get our house on the market in the new year but worst case if Brexit tanks the economy we may rent it out for a few years before selling ..... have to wait and we see.
So many unknowns at the moment ..... just gotta see where we are when we get the grant, and take it from there ....
I saw someone say grants are usually first and last week of the month so hopefully we hear in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, Katiebobbles said:

.... we would love to get our house on the market in the new year but worst case if Brexit tanks the economy we may rent it out for a few years before selling ..... have to wait and we see.
So many unknowns at the moment ..... just gotta see where we are when we get the grant, and take it from there ....
I saw someone say grants are usually first and last week of the month so hopefully we hear in the next few weeks.

I'm having the house dilemma at the moment...current mortgage lender may not allow me to rent property out, can't move to a buy to let mortgage with standard lenders as you have to be a UK resident, and although there are expat buy to let mortgages out there I've been reading this weekend about some inter-governmental treaty between UK and Australis that technically precludes lending to each other's residents. Really don't want to sell, but may just have to if we get our PMV granted. And then chuck Brexit into the mix. Marvellous ?!!

Why is nothing ever simple?! Although I'd just be happy with a visa decision at the moment tbh - at least that would feel like progress!

Yeh its a bit of a minefield isnt it..... especially with Tax laws in both countries as well .....
Ideal is obviously to sell up and buy in Oz but who knows ...... also dont want to put it on the market to sell (poss below market with Brexit) then not get a grant and be paying more in rent than the mortgage!
We will all get there ..... just need someone to look at our applications, if i log in and only see
again i could cry!!!!!

There are jokes in there? ?

brexit is going to be a disaster, best to jump ship as early as one can. We are considering renting out our place for a while and selling in the future. We’re lucky that we have a flat to move into in Sydney already. 

Im not expecting any movement on the visa for several months minimum at the moment, so carrying on with the London commute and working. 

Lol yeh just a few!!!!!
Yeh we will list the house in the new year if no movement by the summer take it off the market and rent it out (obviously if the grant is through by then as we are hoping to go early summer 19) .... we will stay with family initially ... wish we had a flat! But worst case can rent for a while over there until we sell the uk house as will need that for the deposit.
Spent the last week doing skip trips and clear outs .... amazing how much stuff you gather.
We gave up the london commute about 6 years ago and moved to Bath.... traffic still naff but at least i can drive to work in my own car and not be under a smelly armpit on the tube. Hope you dont have that much longer ...... not done sydney subways in rush hour they surely cant be as bad!
X

• 3 weeks later...

No update here.  Although we did pay to get advice from a migration agent last month who advised us it would be at least 10 months from point of application - although at that time the processing times were 10-14 months.  This may have changed now as the minimum time to be processed has gone up again to 13 months.

Hi folks, I applied for my 309/100 at the beginning of April and had my first contact in the form of an email at the end of last week asking me for additional info.....despite my partner (sponsor) leaving Oz when he was four, they have requested an Australian police check and and also one from the UK, it’s good to see some activity and I hope others who applied around the same time hear something soon.

• Like 1

Hi folks, I applied for my 309/100 at the beginning of April and had my first contact in the form of an email at the end of last week asking me for additional info.....despite my partner (sponsor) leaving Oz when he was four, they have requested an Australian police check and and also one from the UK, it’s good to see some activity and I hope others who applied around the same time hear something soon.

Such good news mhaffie. Not long now. It looks like things are taking a turn for the better.
  • Like 1

All, 

I received an email on Friday afternoon requesting more information. I applied with a full front loaded application on April 10th. Iam hoping that if they have this information provided to them by tomorrow that in the relatively near future the visa will be signed off. My wife and kids are already over there. The last month has been challenging enough as it is and I have a flight booked on the 25th. 

• Like 3