Got an RFI today! (Original app 19/07/19). Oddly, the RFI is looking for financial evidence covering a very specific period of a year just after we got married... and it also covers things that we’ve kind of submitted already, like proof we own our house, do housework together etc. Strange! But we will do as requested and just upload more evidence, and hope that this means the application is processed quickly from now! So pleased it’s being looked at 🙂 Anyone else had similar or could advise on what we might have missed?

Edited by kazronicus
Wrong date in post

1 hour ago, kazronicus said:

Got an RFI today! (Original app 19/07/19). Oddly, the RFI is looking for financial evidence covering a very specific period of a year just after we got married... and it also covers things that we’ve kind of submitted already, like proof we own our house, do housework together etc. Strange! But we will do as requested and just upload more evidence, and hope that this means the application is processed quickly from now! So pleased it’s being looked at 🙂 Anyone else had similar or could advise on what we might have missed?

We got very similar yesterday asking for evidence for 2017-2018 even though we've been married since 2013. Writing a statement and uploading even more docs over the weekend. Hopefully it's processed quickly then! Applied 15 July I think it was. 

50 minutes ago, OzinEire said:

We got very similar yesterday asking for evidence for 2017-2018 even though we've been married since 2013. Writing a statement and uploading even more docs over the weekend. Hopefully it's processed quickly then! Applied 15 July I think it was. 

We also got a request just for 17-18, this after we'd submitted ample evidence to cover the period (tenancy agreements, joint bank accounts, joint car insurance, ATO tax returns listing each other as spouse, 12 stat decs, a 4 week holiday including all tickets/bookings, wedding invitations etc) We just re-wrote a new statement and submitted al the evidence again but titled it all 17-18 and then the name of the document. 

Edited by Jimjam123

24 minutes ago, Jimjam123 said:

We also got a request just for 17-18, this after we'd submitted ample evidence to cover the period (tenancy agreements, joint bank accounts, joint car insurance, ATO tax returns listing each other as spouse, 12 stat decs, a 4 week holiday including all tickets/bookings, wedding invitations etc) We just re-wrote a new statement and submitted al the evidence again but titled it all 17-18 and then the name of the document. 

That's so strange. We had provided evidence for that period as well. Maybe they're trying to slow down the approvals or something. 

14 minutes ago, OzinEire said:

That's so strange. We had provided evidence for that period as well. Maybe they're trying to slow down the approvals or something. 

Or maybe they're progressing those eligible for the 100 visa (since 207 is is 3 years ago).  Could be that they're requesting that evidence to make it easier to to segment the evidence submitted by all the applicants.

Saves them having to trawl through a multitude of evidence - We submitted over 400 pages combined across all the documents. 

Edited by Jimjam123

Hi all 

New to the thread but been reading most of the last few pages. We have just applied on the 29/01/2020. Received and RFI on the 20/02 for us to submit subject access information for ACRO. Applied online now just waiting to receive it before we upload to immi. 
i was so excited to see and RFI but looks like most of jan 2020 applications are getting some RFI’s. 
FYI- i (sponsor) australian married to uk citizen. Met in 2010 married in 2013 one child one on the way. 
good luck to us all 

39 minutes ago, Jimjam123 said:

Or maybe they're progressing those eligible for the 100 visa (since 207 is is 3 years ago).  Could be that they're requesting that evidence to make it easier to to segment the evidence submitted by all the applicants.

Saves them having to trawl through a multitude of evidence - We submitted over 400 pages combined across all the documents. 

Oh good point. Didn't even cross my mind. Fingers crossed that's it then! 

9 hours ago, Kayse said:

Hi all 

New to the thread but been reading most of the last few pages. We have just applied on the 29/01/2020. Received an RFI on the 20/02 for us to submit subject access information for ACRO. Applied online now just waiting to receive it before we upload to immi. 
i was so excited to see an RFI but looks like most of jan 2020 applications are getting some RFI’s. 
FYI- i (sponsor) australian married to uk citizen. Met in 2010 married in 2013 one child plus one on the way. 
good luck to us all!

16 hours ago, Jimjam123 said:

Hi,

This also happened to us. We submitted on the 24th Jan 2020. Have you had previous visas to Aus? I lived there for 5 years before returning to the UK last year to do a Masters. Also, we're moving back to Perth so wondered if they're fast tracking regional areas (they just re-classified the whole of WA including Perth as WA and issued a new regional visa). 

Thanks

Hello,

Yes I only got back this time last year to the UK, I was out there on a WHV for 2 years (that’s how I met my partner), now they’ve moved back to the UK and living with me. We’re going back to Melbourne when we go back. Seems very odd that we’re having them looked at already but for all we know they may just not be as busy at the moment for whatever reason! Would be good to hear updates from you or anyone else who’s in this current position of super fast responses from January. As when I first saw the processing times of 16-21 months it made me panic as my partner only has 12 months left on his UK visa so we were worried as once that’s expired neither of us can obtain a visa with working rights in a matter of days, weeks or months... This visa is literally our only option! So very stressful I just hope it all works out, we’ve both agreed that one of us if needs be will just support the other whilst their on a tourist visa in our home countries until it’s been processed but we both have such a drive and passion to work hard it would be hard doing nothing for potentially months... So fingers and toes are crossed that it’s done swiftly 🙂

30 minutes ago, OzinEire said:

Does anyone know if the ID documents for the people that filled out the form  888 need to be certified if you're offshore and uploading docs online? Forms have already been witnessed 

No they do not, the 888 forms need to be witnessed by a solicitor but ID documents do not need to be certified just need to be high quality colour scans. 

On 21/02/2020 at 22:02, Jimjam123 said:

We thought this might be the case too @OzinEire @Jimjam123 - the wording of the letter that accompanied it seemed to suggest it would need consideration for a permanent visa  and not just a temporary one. Fingers crossed! Would be great to get the 309/100 both in one go.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2019 at 10:36, kazronicus said:

I got really worried by this too! But I also couldn't find the button, so am happy enough to take @Flaire's response 🙂 We haven't yet had an RFI, and submitted in July 2019.

Just to confirm, this button ("I confirm I have provided information as requested") has since appeared at the bottom of our document list, following our RFI! We are uploading the RFI docs to the "Additional information" category.

Hi All!!! 

My wife and I lodged our 309/100 visa from the uk last year.. August 2019 and havent hear ANYTHING yet... 

I am aussie and submitted my sponsor application but on the Immi account it still says submitted where as my wife's (main applicant) says recieved.. has anyone else seen this with theirs???

Has anyone from August time last year heard anything yet or even approved? Xx

Btw... I am born and bread from Sydney.. but after living in the UK for 4 years we are keen to possibly try Melbourne or Brisbane.. where has/is everyone moving too in Oz? 

Lauren  xx

1 hour ago, Lauren L said:

Hi All!!! 

My wife and I lodged our 309/100 visa from the uk last year.. August 2019 and havent hear ANYTHING yet... 

I am aussie and submitted my sponsor application but on the Immi account it still says submitted where as my wife's (main applicant) says recieved.. has anyone else seen this with theirs???

Has anyone from August time last year heard anything yet or even approved? Xx

Btw... I am born and bread from Sydney.. but after living in the UK for 4 years we are keen to possibly try Melbourne or Brisbane.. where has/is everyone moving too in Oz? 

Lauren  xx

Our accounts had the same submitted and received until we got our RFI last week then the applicant account had an additional button for confirming additional docs have been attached. 

Originally from brisbane but going to try Perth as we've 2 dogs and 3 kids and don't think they'd cope well in the heat in brisbane. We were there Xmas 2018 and we couldn't do anything outside the house during the day as the kids were miserable if it wasn't air conditioned or a swimming pool. 

Love Melbourne but don't want to pay a huge amount for a house. Brissie is great but the heat can be stifling if you're not a summer person. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OzinEire said:

Our accounts had the same submitted and received until we got our RFI last week then the applicant account had an additional button for confirming additional docs have been attached. 

Originally from brisbane but going to try Perth as we've 2 dogs and 3 kids and don't think they'd cope well in the heat in brisbane. We were there Xmas 2018 and we couldn't do anything outside the house during the day as the kids were miserable if it wasn't air conditioned or a swimming pool. 

Love Melbourne but don't want to pay a huge amount for a house. Brissie is great but the heat can be stifling if you're not a summer person. 

Thanks for your reply:)

Yeah I don't know if my wife will survive brisy heat especially being a brit hehe but as much as I love Sydney ita just so expensive!!!

Good luck on tour move 🙂

7 hours ago, Lauren L said:

Thanks for your reply:)

Yeah I don't know if my wife will survive brisy heat especially being a brit hehe but as much as I love Sydney ita just so expensive!!!

Good luck on tour move 🙂

Have you thought of Newcastle?  Used to be such a daggy place but it's changed out of sight in recent years. 

6 hours ago, aliss said:

Hi, just a quick question - where do you upload information after the RFI? Is there a separate section or do you decide where it should go depending on the category?

Thanks!

Hello, I put ours in the “additional documents “ section all together (if you click on the little “i” info icon it says something along the lines of ‘the section is for requested documents’). 

On 24/02/2020 at 21:54, Marisawright said:

Have you thought of Newcastle?  Used to be such a daggy place but it's changed out of sight in recent years. 

Hi Marisa!!

Yeah we have thought about Newcastle and when we visited last year did a drive through of it but it felt a bit too 'industrial'.. 

My wife is a musician so finding a place with a good music scene is also really important.. 

Are you in Newcastle? :)

1 hour ago, Lauren L said:

Yeah we have thought about Newcastle and when we visited last year did a drive through of it but it felt a bit too 'industrial'.. 

My wife is a musician so finding a place with a good music scene is also really important.. 

Are you in Newcastle? 🙂

No, I'm not in Newcastle but used to visit a lot for work when I lived in Sydney.   I know a few people who moved up there from Sydney and felt it was a much, much better place to bring up kids with a more laid-back lifestyle (plus of course houses are about half the price of Sydney).    There are still large areas which show its industrial past - but it's like most cities, you need to know which are the good areas.  I always remember arriving at the airport in Sydney and going to my hotel in a taxi, thinking how industrial and rundown the place was.  Then of course, we eventually got to the harbour and it was totally different!

If your wife is a musician, though, it's more difficult.  I'm a dancer and I've known musicians who've moved from Europe to Australia and been shocked at the lack of opportunities and the difficulty of making a decent income.  I'd say Melbourne would be her best bet but of course, you're not going to get classic Aussie weather here...

5 hours ago, kazronicus said:

Hello, I put ours in the “additional documents “ section all together (if you click on the little “i” info icon it says something along the lines of ‘the section is for requested documents’). 

After you have attached the additional information & clicked the confirm button, should the "I confirm I have provided information as requested" box still appear at the bottom of the screen?

5 hours ago, Neill said:

After you have attached the additional information & clicked the confirm button, should the "I confirm I have provided information as requested" box still appear at the bottom of the screen?

Hello, I can still see the button/box but it’s ‘greyed out’/inactive now. I haven’t tried clicking it again! I think it wouldn’t do anything, and may only become live again if a further request is made.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Neill said:

We also got an RFI, we've submitted the documents in the 'additional documents - other documents' section. We don't have that button anywhere.. Starting to worry here as ours hasn't changed from received.

The RFI request was for: "You are required to provide more evidence for the period 24/01/2017-24/01/2018" and "Health examination (appointment on 13/02/2020 noted)"

Anyone had an RFI but the button hadn't appeared?

Cheers