187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Yes, you are right. Maybe people get bridging visas and then have to wait to find out if the nomination has been successful. Better to have an over cautious employer than one who isn't bothered though. :-)

Hi SonicBlue,

Ā 

thanks for all the info you have posted; i just want to enquire if the RCB advice is a must? did you apply through a direct entry stream? thanks. looking into applying next week as have jus talked with my employer and they are ok with it. i have worked with them for only 3 months. thanks.

ā€‹Thanks guys.Here is my timeline pretty quick, our nomination was approved in 4 weeks. I hope you long timers get some good news soon.

Ā 

Ā 

Applied Melbourne office

RSMS 187

onshore application

Occupation: secondary school teacher (husband is the main applicant)

RCB approved before application (sometime in march 13 not sure of date)

Applied DRC

Nomination & application lodged :21 April 13

nomination approved: w/c 13th may 13 (yippee)

Ā 

Ā 

My husband and I and our 3 children have been in Australia about 18months now we are from the Uk

ā€‹thanks for your well wishes

ā€‹Thanks guys.Here is my timeline pretty quick, our nomination was approved in 4 weeks. I hope you long timers get some good news soon.

Ā 

Ā 

Applied Melbourne office

RSMS 187

onshore application

Occupation: secondary school teacher (husband is the main applicant)

RCB approved before application (sometime in march 13 not sure of date)

Applied DRC

Nomination & application lodged :21 April 13

nomination approved: w/c 13th may 13 (yippee)

Ā 

Ā 

My husband and I and our 3 children have been in Australia about 18months now we are from the Uk

ā€‹thanks for your well wishes

Ā 

Hi Sahara,

Ā 

May I know which regional certifying body did you contact? I am also in VIC. Would you remember how long it took them to give an advice? Many thanks and looking forward to your reply.

what on earth is happening or should I say NOT happening. there was a spate of 187 visas being granted about a month ago and now nothing!!! my friend applied 23rd Ocyt 2012, had CO 23 april 2013, had nomination approved about 2 weeks ago yet still now word. Application is decision ready as in police checks and meds provided. WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG ? WHY DO SOME PEOPLE WHO APPLIED MARCH/APRIL 2013 ALREADY HAVE THEIR VISA? :cry:

hi judith501 . im with you was wondering the same thing myself, as we applied oct 24 th 2012 day after your friend, and much like your friend we got our CO on 23 rd april, we are at paramatta centre, may i ask at what centre your friend is waiting on? im geting so:arghh:with it all. Dont know what can be done other than wait around and hope they sort things out quick, hope we all hear something soon and let me know if your friend gets lucky cheers :realmad::realmad::realmad:

what on earth is happening or should I say NOT happening. there was a spate of 187 visas being granted about a month ago and now nothing!!! my friend applied 23rd Ocyt 2012, had CO 23 april 2013, had nomination approved about 2 weeks ago yet still now word. Application is decision ready as in police checks and meds provided. WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG ? WHY DO SOME PEOPLE WHO APPLIED MARCH/APRIL 2013 ALREADY HAVE THEIR VISA? :cry:

Decision ready isn't just about police checks and medicals. Was an agent used?

Hi SonicBlue,

Ā 

thanks for all the info you have posted; i just want to enquire if the RCB advice is a must? did you apply through a direct entry stream? thanks. looking into applying next week as have jus talked with my employer and they are ok with it. i have worked with them for only 3 months. thanks.

Ā 

Sorry for the late respose! Yes, according to Booklet 5 (Employer Sponsored Migration (permanent)) from DIAC, the RCB assessment is required. And yes, my application was under the Direct Stream.

Ā 

"A nomination made under the RSMS Direct Entry stream cannot be approved by the department unless

an RCB has provided their advice in regard to the application. "

I want to share my friend's 187 timelines:

visa and nomination applied: 28 jan 2013

decision ready

cook

high risk

Nomination approved 31/5/13

visa granted few minutes after nomi approved ..

No co allocated as far his agent sais..nothing special in his timelines but only one face that he applied in mel office..

Hello Guys,

I am new to Pomsinoz,I am going to lodge RCB tomorrow in Geelong Area. Can you please tell me how long does it take for RCB and what is processing time for Decision Ready application for 187 these days. I have that some people are getting quick response from immigration.

Ā 

Occupation Registered Nurse(Aged Care).

Ā 

I applied 11th Sept 2012, finally had news that a CO had been allocated around the 8th May- got a bit over exited and thought we were almost there only to find out that we're still in the backlog only this time at Global Health waiting for the medicals to be looked at I guess 9no one has told me anything definitive) and that 3 were missing (different 3 each time I emailed her) :arghh:Wouldn't mind so much if the CO explained some of this however she didn't and left me with the impression that she would chase up with medibank..... except its not medibank coz they only deal with Australian based clinics...... Its all as clear as mud and I've lost the will to live:confused:

Ā 

Approaching 9 months now still no closer

I applied 11th Sept 2012, finally had news that a CO had been allocated around the 8th May- got a bit over exited and thought we were almost there only to find out that we're still in the backlog only this time at Global Health waiting for the medicals to be looked at I guess 9no one has told me anything definitive) and that 3 were missing (different 3 each time I emailed her) :arghh:Wouldn't mind so much if the CO explained some of this however she didn't and left me with the impression that she would chase up with medibank..... except its not medibank coz they only deal with Australian based clinics...... Its all as clear as mud and I've lost the will to live:confused:

Ā 

Approaching 9 months now still no closer

Ā 

Ā 

You and I are in the same boat! I also applied on the 11th of September, 2012 and my CO was allocated to my nomination on the 9th of May. Been 3 1/2 weeks now... I sent an enquiry to vic.pse@immi.gov.au on Thursday night and they forwarded my enquiry to my CO and my CO replied to me on Friday... He said he is still assessing the nomination, so he hasn't yet assessed my (visa) application. I really hope it doesn't take much longer... It's been so long already, and 9 months is just a few days away now! Please let this week be the week..............

Ā 

You and I are in the same boat! I also applied on the 11th of September, 2012 and my CO was allocated to my nomination on the 9th of May. Been 3 1/2 weeks now... I sent an enquiry to vic.pse@immi.gov.au on Thursday night and they forwarded my enquiry to my CO and my CO replied to me on Friday... He said he is still assessing the nomination, so he hasn't yet assessed my (visa) application. I really hope it doesn't take much longer... It's been so long already, and 9 months is just few days away
hi welshpod and sonicblue82, nice 2 c you guys got room for me in the boat, we have had a CO now for 6 weeks, and not had any word from it yet, got the nommination 3 weeks back , only found out about the nommi throu the employer in oz, have E mailed CO 2 times now not had any reply from them:arghh: ignorant, i think . busy or not would not take a few minutes too put us in the picture as whats going on, its just a complete ball ache and dont know when its going to end, :realmad: Edited by blossom
Fixing broken quote

Hi,

Ā 

Just want to ask about attaching documents in visa application online. Is it just a simple scan copy or it needs to be certified first prior scanning? and also how do I know if my application is decision ready or not? I will lodge a visa online in 2 wks time.By the way I will be lodging on my own. Thank you.

Timeline for us -

May 2012 - Employer Nomination Approved

Sept 2012 - Visa Application submitted

April 2013 - Told under new Visa Sub-classes our Employer Nomination does not match our Visa Application Stream - Cancel Visa Application and ask for refund

April 2013 - Re-submitted Employer Nomination Acknowledged

April 2013 - Visa Application submitted - 187 Temporary Transition - All documumentation/medicals included so effectively DR application.

May 2013 - Visa Approved - Original fee refunded

Ā 

As much as DIAC can be a nightmare to deal with I have to say they pulled through for us in a way that was unexpected and a pleasant change from the apparent 'norm'. The CO was very helpful regarding the cancellation, refund and re-submitting of the Visa Application.

Timeline for us -

May 2012 - Employer Nomination Approved

Sept 2012 - Visa Application submitted

April 2013 - Told under new Visa Sub-classes our Employer Nomination does not match our Visa Application Stream - Cancel Visa Application and ask for refund

April 2013 - Re-submitted Employer Nomination Acknowledged

April 2013 - Visa Application submitted - 187 Temporary Transition - All documumentation/medicals included so effectively DR application.

May 2013 - Visa Approved - Original fee refunded

Ā 

As much as DIAC can be a nightmare to deal with I have to say they pulled through for us in a way that was unexpected and a pleasant change from the apparent 'norm'. The CO was very helpful regarding the cancellation, refund and re-submitting of the Visa Application.

Ā 

I have got my nomination and visa (187) applied on 2nd june 2013 Melbourne PSE, Anybody on same day? any guess on how long it may take to get a CO (stupid question, but nothing wrong to ask isn't it?)

I have got my nomination and visa (187) applied on 2nd june 2013 Melbourne PSE, Anybody on same day? any guess on how long it may take to get a CO (stupid question, but nothing wrong to ask isn't it?)

Ā 

Ā 

If DRC then four months and NON DRC about nine months+ and depends upon your occupation too. Higher the qualification, first in line. MEL is slowest office at this time.

Guys :biggrin::biggrin:!!

Ā 

I am amazingly happy to share the good news that our PR is granted today.....Actually it happened pretty faster in just 9 weeks.....:)

Ā 

This PR should clear some of the doubts:

Ā 

• RSMS PR quota has not reached its limit for the current year, people are still getting their approvals...so u can still get it in June
  • Melbourne center is in top gear now....i know couple of other cases

Ā 

Ā 

My timeline -

Ā 

• DRC (using Agent) Visa & Nomination Applied together - 21/03/2013
  • Acknowledgement - 27/03/2013
  • Case officer Allocated and Nomination approved - 29/05/2013 and Requested additional Information
  • PR Granted - 07/06/2013
  • Melbourne Center
  • Occupation - Urban & Regional Planner

Ā 

Ā 

I wish the wait should not last long for you guys......best wishes....

Edited by hardcore