187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

just 2 update all , well had a CO now from tuesday april 23rd. and what has happend so far is NOTHING :arghh: not a bloody word, was feeling the pain of waiting months back . then got a CO and well happy days, but not had any contact what so ever. cant sleep and cant get this visa nightmare waiting game out of my head :realmad::realmad: . please CO i beg you ,faster faster, dont think losing faith can hold on any longer.

just 2 update all , well had a CO now from tuesday april 23rd. and what has happend so far is NOTHING :arghh: not a bloody word, was feeling the pain of waiting months back . then got a CO and well happy days, but not had any contact what so ever. cant sleep and cant get this visa nightmare waiting game out of my head :realmad::realmad: . please CO i beg you ,faster faster, dont think losing faith can hold on any longer.

Got our CO on 25th April,had to re-do PC as due to expire, had Medicals on 29th then had to go back yesterday as they never x-rayed my 12yr old son, they will be sent over on Wednesday 8th

I lodged my 187 last week, is the medical compulsory? Or is it just if asked? I had a medical last year for my husbands student visa if they ask for one do you think I can use that?

Also we are applying for this visa onshore, do you think that makes the processing time quicker?

I lodged my 187 last week, is the medical compulsory? Or is it just if asked? I had a medical last year for my husbands student visa if they ask for one do you think I can use that?

Also we are applying for this visa onshore, do you think that makes the processing time quicker?

Yes the medical is compulsory. The medical for a permanent visa is slightly different from temporary visa medicals so you will have to do it again. They are also only valid for a year.

​It doesn't make any difference being onshore I'm afraid.

For the meantime they have re-prioritize into four groups ...probably until the back logs are all sorted out.

Priority 1: Decision Ready, complete applications in ANSCO 1 & 2 occupations (by date of lodgement)

Priority 2: All other Decision Ready applications (by date of lodgement)

Priority 3: ANSCO occupations 1 & 2 requiring further documentation (by date of lodgement)

Priority 4: All other applications by date of lodgement

So this means they are not going to allot case officers to post July files,,,as there is lot of back log for pre july and also some one told me they have different team for post July cases,,Its all confusing now..

For the meantime they have re-prioritize into four groups ...probably until the back logs are all sorted out.

Priority 1: Decision Ready, complete applications in ANSCO 1 & 2 occupations (by date of lodgement)

Priority 2: All other Decision Ready applications (by date of lodgement)

Priority 3: ANSCO occupations 1 & 2 requiring further documentation (by date of lodgement)

Priority 4: All other applications by date of lodgement

My understanding is that these priorities are for 'pre' and 'post' July applications. I am post july and I already have a CO allocated last April 30. These priorities were mentioned in their response email on the 23rd of April and I would think they have applied this strategy earlier. You are correct that there's a different group processing post July applications.

So this means they are not going to allot case officers to post July files,,,as there is lot of back log for pre july and also some one told me they have different team for post July cases,,Its all confusing now..

Makes sense,,,thx mate

My understanding is that these priorities are for 'pre' and 'post' July applications. I am post july and I already have a CO allocated last April 30. These priorities were mentioned in their response email on the 23rd of April and I would think they have applied this strategy earlier. You are correct that there's a different group processing post July applications.

just a update, lodged visa app 24 th oct 2012, so thats 6 months and 2 weeks, got a CO april 23rd, that was now 2 weeks today and not had any word at all from CO. my question is to you hrbrt372, you say you have a CO , im wondering if you have had any word from your one as yet? i was frusterated be for we had CO, but now im even more. coz most other people get a CO and its like pretty soon after that they get visa or some sort of communication with CO, im up every morning looking at e mails and praying for some word back, and after 2 weeks im geting proper FED UP with them, and thats puting it politely. Oh and i sent a nice e mail for CO and didnt get a reply . i know that they are busy, but words like incompetent and morons play a part in this application game.

Hi LF, I haven't heard anything back from the CO. This is what I think is happening. A case officer is given at least two files to work on, lucky for the first case she picks if its Decision Ready and can decide the same day or the following day and all she has to do is file them. This is the case for a friend of mine who applied about three years ago. It only took two days to get his visa approved and note that he's from a high risk country (Philippines) and lodged the visa himself (no MA), 2yrs on 457 visa and a steel draftsman. My Nomination got approved only hours after a CO has been allocated.

The trouble starts when she needs to verify something and it may take time before she gets a response. The logical way to do is pick another application and try to process it as far as it can get if it's not 'DR'. The only time she'll get back to your application(that is if you are first on the list) is when she's done on what's on her plate. There are even applications who are done by registered agents but are all messed up! This kind of applications takes so much time to process and the CO's have to deal with them.

I was actually counting months after I lodged my application, meaning I'll only check out or follow up with immi what's happening every 30th. I try not to think about the application everyday as it is 'indeed' frustrating and I'm with you. I actually thought that I would only be counting days when I got a CO but when I read your post, it looks like I may have to count weeks. Now, I programmed myself that I may have to wait several weeks so just not to frustrate myself. If my application gets approve sooner than later then it would feel even better! Look for ways to keep the sunshine.

just a update, lodged visa app 24 th oct 2012, so thats 6 months and 2 weeks, got a CO april 23rd, that was now 2 weeks today and not had any word at all from CO. my question is to you hrbrt372, you say you have a CO , im wondering if you have had any word from your one as yet? i was frusterated be for we had CO, but now im even more. coz most other people get a CO and its like pretty soon after that they get visa or some sort of communication with CO, im up every morning looking at e mails and praying for some word back, and after 2 weeks im geting proper FED UP with them, and thats puting it politely. Oh and i sent a nice e mail for CO and didnt get a reply . i know that they are busy, but words like incompetent and morons play a part in this application game.

@LF CO already contacted me. I should be feeling great but its the opposite! =x

Anyone here similar with my case. A 457visa holder with +2yrs stay, nomination lodged pre July 2012 and lodged 187 under direct entry stream? I am in trouble...

I am advised to withdraw my application because I didn't have a recent IELTS certificate and therefore do not meet the English language requirement. I am under a 457visa since Sept 2009, structural engineer and I took IELTS June 2009 which I attached in my application just an evidence that I am competent in english even before I came to Australia. The CO's argument is that my IELTS certificate has lapsed and I should withdraw my application and take IELTS first then apply again!

...reminds me of the two doctors with immigration issues that I watched in TodayTonight.. =c

-herbert

hi hrbrt372 sorry 2 hear about your situation, sounds bloody stupid 2 me that they want you 2 sit the IELTS all over again, at the end of the day you passed it in 2009 you more than competent in english, your CO sounds like a jobs worth. DIAC like a money making machine. so if you do the IELTS again , will you have 2 pay the full fee for another visa app? as for me mate still not had any word from CO, will be 3 weeks on tuesday 14th may, god only knows why she not got back 2 me, im pissed off with the lot of it, and the simple fact is that all i can do is wait. mate i wish you well with your IELTS, and let us know how you get on with things in the future, and if i ever hear anything from my snail like CO i will put a post in , cheers

Unfortunatly if your ielts has expired you need a new one. And you needed that new one at the time you applied.

It is silly yes, as your English is unlikely to have got worse in that time, but those are the rules. They are not secret. This is why many people use agents so they don't get caught up with the silly money making rules.

@LF

Appreciate your kind words. I'll have to confirm on Monday if I don't have to pay again for the new application if I withdraw my rsms application. I'll be resetting my timer to day 0 again. waaaaaa, I'm going crazy at the moment!!! :jiggy:

@Blossom79

I thought those rules doesn't apply to me and that my case is considered transition stream since I've been under 457 for morethan two years and the only reason I'm instructed to apply under direct entry stream is because my nomination was for the old type of RSMS visa. Lessons learnt the hardway. =x

That's right blossom, I should have asked my employer to re-apply nomination and just lodged my PR visa under the transition scheme. I was only advised by immi to lodge the visa as direct entry since my nomination was for the old visa. I didn't realise they will not honour my +2yrs stay as 457. :frown:

Direct entry is not for people who have been on the 457 visa for two years. You needed to apply for the temporary residence transition scheme. Even then though it appears you need a valid ielts test.
Edited by hrbrt372

Direct entry is not for people who have been on the 457 visa for two years. You needed to apply for the temporary residence transition scheme. Even then though it appears you need a valid ielts test.

hi blossom79 looks 2 me that you have a wide and general sort of knowledge on all this visa stuff, other than my CO being ill or on holiday, is my situation of having a CO for some weeks now without contact. is this something that you have come across on other ocassions? coz from what i know 95 people in every 100 ,have contact within ten working days, trust my luck being one of the 5 who dont. if you were in my position at what point would you make your next move with DIAC? and what action would one take? as im sure you can understand one can only take so much and some answers from immigration are my priority. cheers

Hi all

my friend is soon to get PR visa granted (hopefully) if they were to come to Oz now on tourist visa ( they applied offshore) do they tell their CO they are onshore? And then does CO contact them tio tell them to get offshore inorder to issuie visa? also current processing times for 187 visa says 6 months, their application has been in for almost 7 months should they email their CO to point this out? cheers. I got my PR visa granted 22 may 2011 and cannot wait for my best friend and family to join me

hi blossom79 looks 2 me that you have a wide and general sort of knowledge on all this visa stuff, other than my CO being ill or on holiday, is my situation of having a CO for some weeks now without contact. is this something that you have come across on other ocassions? coz from what i know 95 people in every 100 ,have contact within ten working days, trust my luck being one of the 5 who dont. if you were in my position at what point would you make your next move with DIAC? and what action would one take? as im sure you can understand one can only take so much and some answers from immigration are my priority. cheers

There have been some people who have still waited months after getting a co. It seems quite cruel to tell someone they have a co but then go quiet, but I guess there are just that type of people. How you handle it depends on the reaction from your co. if after a couple of weeks you contact and they are friendly, that is good. If they don't reply at all I would avoid more contact.

Hi all

my friend is soon to get PR visa granted (hopefully) if they were to come to Oz now on tourist visa ( they applied offshore) do they tell their CO they are onshore? And then does CO contact them tio tell them to get offshore inorder to issuie visa? also current processing times for 187 visa says 6 months, their application has been in for almost 7 months should they email their CO to point this out? cheers. I got my PR visa granted 22 may 2011 and cannot wait for my best friend and family to join me

hi judith501 , firstly good luck 2 your friends and i hope they get PR granted ASAP, i think they would have 2 inform the CO coz any change of address must be made 2 the visa app, tell your friends not 2 hold their breath as i have been waiting now for coming up 7 months on 24th may, i do have a CO but they dont seem 2 know they have me, you say you are in canberra, that is where me and my family are hoping 2 end up, we went for hol last year and its a great place, anyway hope ya friends get lucky soon. cheers

Hi guys,

I have got my RSMS 187 visa granted last week.

However, The office of my company in the regional area that I have lodged my visa is going to be closed in 2 months.

Actually , my company has another office in a different regional area. I am thinking about relocating to there, that way my visa is unlikely cancelled.

That is what I know.

I am just wondering what if my company doesn't have available occupation for me in any other regional area.

Is my visa gonna cancelled? or would it be OK as long as I stay in the regional area?

Has anybody got idea about that?

Cheers.

P.S best luck to all who is waiting for their visa!

Hi guys,

I have got my RSMS 187 visa granted last week.

However, The office of my company in the regional area that I have lodged my visa is going to be closed in 2 months.

Actually , my company has another office in a different regional area. I am thinking about relocating to there, that way my visa is unlikely cancelled.

That is what I know.

I am just wondering what if my company doesn't have available occupation for me in any other regional area.

Is my visa gonna cancelled? or would it be OK as long as I stay in the regional area?

Has anybody got idea about that?

Cheers.

P.S best luck to all who is waiting for their visa!

Generally, if you have made every effort to stay in the job you should be fine. However, you were supposed to inform migration if any of the circumstances changed before the visa was issued. Your employer was supposed to too. If they feel that you and your company knew before the visa was granted (which it looks like they would have done) you may indeed be in hot water. I would be making every effort to make sure there was a place for me in the other office if I were you.