187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Congrats rsin. would you share your timeline please?

Ā 

my time line is bit funny anyway here is my time line

Ā 

It was decision ready

Ā 

occupation --- Cook

Ā 

Rcb Applied ---- 23/12/2012

Ā 

Rcb lady went on holidays for a month and came back in January 2013

Ā 

Rcb approved --- 1/2/2013

Ā 

Nomination and visa applied on --- 6/3/2013

Ā 

case officer allocated and asked for more documents from my employer on 11/4/2013

submitted on --- 16/4/2013

Nomination Approved on 17/4/2013

Ā 

after that no contact from case officer since today. i asked my MA to contact case officer many times but he was keep saying that it may delay you application if we contact case officer. But today i asked my employer to contact my migration agent and ask him to contact case officer and ask for an update on visa application. He did the same and my MA agreed to send an email to case officer and after sending it, i got my visa approval letter within an hour. it took about 19 weeks but worth waiting for that long.

Ā 

I Think sometimes you do need to contact case officer if it takes long, just to remind them that they have an application sitting in a pile waiting to be decided.

Hi FightingIllini,

Ā 

Welcome to PomsinOz!

Ā 

I am also located in Adelaide. My 187 RSMS nomination and visa application were lodged (through a MA) non-decision ready to the Melbourne office on 11 September, 2012. I waited 8 months for a case officer and the CO has now had my file for 2 1/2 months and I'm still waiting............... Also a low-risk country and direct entry. This doesn't necessarily mean yours will take as long, but my advice would be to prepare yourself for a good few months wait, as the Melbourne office is the slowest of the three permanent entry sponsored offices, and they are most certainly backlogged to say the least. Good luck mate.

Ā 

Cheers for that.

Ā 

It's the difference between signing my lease for a year versus six months.

• 3 weeks later...

187 RSMS Visa

Nomination Lodged 25 Jan 2013

Application Lodged 5 Feb 2013

Nomination Approved / Case officer assigned 30 Apr

No news since then

---------

Guys I have one question, if my visa is rejected (due to skill assessment requirement), can I re-apply with the same nomination again? Or does my employer need to re-submit the nomination application?

Ā 

Thanks

187 RSMS Visa

Nomination Lodged 25 Jan 2013

Application Lodged 5 Feb 2013

Nomination Approved / Case officer assigned 30 Apr

No news since then

---------

Guys I have one question, if my visa is rejected (due to skill assessment requirement), can I re-apply with the same nomination again? Or does my employer need to re-submit the nomination application?

Ā 

Thanks

Ā 

as long as the nomination is still valid which is 6mo. from approval date, it is fine. i hope you get the result by then. good luck!

Thanks hrbrt372,

Ā 

If I request application withdrawal, do you think they will do it immediately, i.e. within a few days to a week? Or, perhaps it takes a few more months...

I'm guessing they reject the application in 4-5 months because the skill assessment was not provided at the time of application, but if it takes longer for them, then I want to request application withdrawal.

Ā 

Thanks again

my time line is bit funny anyway here is my time line

Ā 

It was decision ready

Ā 

occupation --- Cook

Ā 

Rcb Applied ---- 23/12/2012

Ā 

Rcb lady went on holidays for a month and came back in January 2013

Ā 

Rcb approved --- 1/2/2013

Ā 

Nomination and visa applied on --- 6/3/2013

Ā 

case officer allocated and asked for more documents from my employer on 11/4/2013

submitted on --- 16/4/2013

Nomination Approved on 17/4/2013

Ā 

after that no contact from case officer since today. i asked my MA to contact case officer many times but he was keep saying that it may delay you application if we contact case officer. But today i asked my employer to contact my migration agent and ask him to contact case officer and ask for an update on visa application. He did the same and my MA agreed to send an email to case officer and after sending it, i got my visa approval letter within an hour. it took about 19 weeks but worth waiting for that long.

Ā 

I Think sometimes you do need to contact case officer if it takes long, just to remind them that they have an application sitting in a pile waiting to be decided.

Ā 

Ā 

That's amazing.. You were assigned a CO just 5 weeks from submitting your application! Congrats on your visa :)

I have experience of more than two years in Sydney in a reputed company as a Commercial cook. Because of some uncertainty I left Australia June of this year. Now I am planning to apply offshore. Anybody please give me advise what category I fit in ? My degree has been assessed already from TRA. Much appreciate ur reply thnx

Thanks hrbrt372,

Ā 

If I request application withdrawal, do you think they will do it immediately, i.e. within a few days to a week? Or, perhaps it takes a few more months...

I'm guessing they reject the application in 4-5 months because the skill assessment was not provided at the time of application, but if it takes longer for them, then I want to request application withdrawal.

Ā 

Thanks again

Ā 

Send an email request to your case officer that you are withdrawing your application or phone immi. Try not to get your application rejected. No one can tell the time frame nowadays =c

Hi all here is our timeline

Ā 

Occupation- Registered Nurse

Ā 

Applied for RCB 04/06/2013(Still waiting for outcome)

Ā 

Nomination and visa applied 19/06/2013 Non DRC

Ā 

Nomination approved 11/07/2013 (just after 3weeks from application, still no result for RCB) Nomination has been approved by immigration no need to wait for RCB

Ā 

Case officer assigned 09/08/2013 asked for International police check and health checks

Ā 

Waiting for the outcome of my police check. It has been 4weeks today they recon it could take upto 6weeks. I hope for quick approval after getting police check.

finally, my application has been allocated by case officer

my timeline is: 187 DRC Parramatta

Nomination application applied: 6th of June 2013

Visa applicatioin applied: 7th of June 2013

case officer allocate on 16th of Aug 2013

Asking for more document from my employer as financial year finished.

Looks like thers is some movement.....Hi anil what's ur occupation? I applied on 3rd June DRC, Melb, Quality Manager. No signs yet....:biggrin:

Ā 

finally, my application has been allocated by case officer

my timeline is: 187 DRC Parramatta

Nomination application applied: 6th of June 2013

Visa applicatioin applied: 7th of June 2013

case officer allocate on 16th of Aug 2013

Asking for more document from my employer as financial year finished.

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please tell me regarding Health checks?

I had my health checks done for my student visa about 10months ago. But now i am going to get health checks done for RSMS 187. Last year i didn't had my blood tests. it was only Health checks and Xrays.

Do i have to get the whole thing done again or i can only get Blood tests done. Will my last year health checks be still valid?

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please tell me regarding Health checks?

I had my health checks done for my student visa about 10months ago. But now i am going to get health checks done for RSMS 187. Last year i didn't had my blood tests. it was only Health checks and Xrays.

Do i have to get the whole thing done again or i can only get Blood tests done. Will my last year health checks be still valid?

Yes you need to do the whole thing again I'm afraid. Even if you had done the full one, they only last 12 months so unless you were mega lucky you would have to redo them anyway.

Hi Blossom

Thanks for replying and here is out timeline guys

Occupation- Registered Nurse

Ā 

Applied for RCB 04/06/2013(Still waiting for outcome)

Ā 

Nomination and visa applied 19/06/2013 Non DRC

Ā 

Nomination approved 11/07/2013 (just after 3weeks from application, still no result for RCB) Nomination has been approved by immigration no need to wait for RCB

Ā 

Case officer assigned 09/08/2013 asked for International police check and health checks

Ā 

International police check approved and received on 26/08/2013 and health checks are booked. Hoping for quick approval after Health Checks.

Hey guys,

Ā 

I have been stalking this thread for a while now and wanted to share my fantastic news with you and let you know that visas are being aprroved....and quickly!!!

Ā 

We submitted our application on 30th June before the increase in fees went up and our visa was granted on 23rd August!!!

Ā 

Visa, nomination and RCB submitted: 30th June 2013

RCB approved: 17th July 2013

Medical completed and submitted: 24th July 2013

Visa Granted: 23rd August

Ā 

Now the scary part starts!!

Ā 

Without you knowing you bunch of lovelies have kept me going over the last few months with your news and updates - I wish you all good luck and hope your visas come through soon!

Ā 

Ā 

Sabrina

xxx

Woowwww Excellent news....It was too quick. Congratulations. Could you please tell which PSE and occupation?

Ā 

Hey guys,

Ā 

I have been stalking this thread for a while now and wanted to share my fantastic news with you and let you know that visas are being aprroved....and quickly!!!

Ā 

We submitted our application on 30th June before the increase in fees went up and our visa was granted on 23rd August!!!

Ā 

Visa, nomination and RCB submitted: 30th June 2013

RCB approved: 17th July 2013

Medical completed and submitted: 24th July 2013

Visa Granted: 23rd August

Ā 

Now the scary part starts!!

Ā 

Without you knowing you bunch of lovelies have kept me going over the last few months with your news and updates - I wish you all good luck and hope your visas come through soon!

Ā 

Ā 

Sabrina

xxx

Crikey faster than many, was that DRC? I am assuming not if RCB wasn't available. Or could you submit DRC without prior to July 1st '13?

Ā 

We submitted non DRC RSMS on 7th August as turned 50 on the 8th! We were hoping for RCB so we could go DRC but sadly it wasn't to be. RCB approval came in after submission but at least it was positive :) WE were assuming 6 months but they do seem to be turning these around quickly now so fingers crossed.

Hey guys

Ā 

My husband is being sponsored as a retail manager in canberra.

Ā 

It was part descision ready:

Ā 

Nomination couldnt be put through as descison ready as we didnt have the RCB outcome so it was just lodged as a standard application via a solicitor/approved migration agent

Ā 

Application was processed as DR via solicitor/approved migration agent

Ā 

It was extremely quick and has left us feeling a little bewildered on what to do now.....!!!

Ā 

Good luck and fingers crossed your visas come through quickly!

Ā 

Sabrina

• 2 weeks later...
Yes

Hi Blossom ,

Ā 

I'm curios why things are moving so fast to this type of visa (187, post june 2012) while some of the applications before june 2012 are still in the process ?? How do you explain that? Why Immigration is not ending with applications from 2012 and after that to grant the applications after june 2012 ?

Ā 

What's your opinion regarding this ??

Ā 

Regards,

D*