187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

I've been watching this thread for a while and take comfort from following the timelines of others in a similar situation to mine. So I thought I'd add to the list another family's story! nomination lodged 7-12-12 nomination approved 14-03-13 visa application lodged with supporting documentation non-drc 25-03-13 medicals completed 04-04-13 through eVisa police checks uploaded 25-04-13 no case officer assigned as far as we know, only contact has been acknowledgement email that appeared within hours of lodging application. waiting....

Ā 

ā€‹so, visas granted today! 7 weeks from lodgement. Good luck to all those still waiting :-)

Hi

Ā 

I have been lurking on this thread for quite a while just keeping tabs on how long the applications were taking.

Ā 

I applied for a 187 on 25 October 2012

UK so low risk

Non DRC and was assigned to Parramatta processing centre

My nomination was out in on 23 October 2013

i sent all the paperwork that was requested on the list.

I received an Ack Letter early November then medicals requested

Medicals and police checks done January 2013

Sent an email from my employer asking about the nomination last week as it was outside of processing times

Was assigned a case officer this week, Nomination grated yesterday when extra information confirming benefits and length of employment was sent

Extra info asked for today as the case officer couldnt see my police checks i emailed copies over today and Visa granted this afternoon.

PR finally sooooo excited.

I hope everyone elses visa comes through soon :-)

Hi everyone,

Please let me know if its easy or preferable to apply visa application by urself or through agent. They ask so much. I was wondering whats involved in the visa application process. I did look at the check list though, it seemed straight fw but still want some suggestions.

Hello Everyone,

Ā 

I am going to submit my application for RSMS 187 visa in a couple of weeks along with my sponsors nomination.

My sponsor is quite concerned as we will be applying whilst I am in Australia, and they are worried that I will not be

granted a bridging visa, once my other visa expires, before their nomination to be sponsors is approved.

Has anyone else also been in this situation where both applications are submitted at the same time whilst in Australia

that can please offer advice, its really starting to worry me know!

Hello Everyone,

Ā 

I am going to submit my application for RSMS 187 visa in a couple of weeks along with my sponsors nomination.

My sponsor is quite concerned as we will be applying whilst I am in Australia, and they are worried that I will not be

granted a bridging visa, once my other visa expires, before their nomination to be sponsors is approved.

Has anyone else also been in this situation where both applications are submitted at the same time whilst in Australia

that can please offer advice, its really starting to worry me know!

As long as you are on a substantive visa then yes you will get a bridging visa. Why don't they think you will get one?

I think they are being over cautious and don't want me to end up in limbo. I haven't read anywhere on the immigration website

that they need to approved sponsors for me to be granted a bridging visa, I just have to have made a visa application.

Thanks for the quick reply!

No, we can submit our applications at the same time, or they can submit theirs first. I cannot submit my application without my sponsors going in at the same time or before mine. Make sense?

My (hopefully) sponsors are concerned that they need to be approved sponsors before I will be granted a bridging visa, but again I cannot see

anything on the immigration website that suggests this, just that I need to have my application submitted to be granted a bridging visa.

Hi Minch23 and Blossom79,

Ā 

I hope my information will help clarify things, as I have applied under the new 187 subclass RSMS visa.

Ā 

First, as defined by DIAC, a substantive visa is any visa which is not a bridging visa or criminal justice visa, including merits review of a decision to refuse such an application.

Ā 

When I applied for my 187, my migration agent electronically lodged the nomination and visa application together with DIAC. They do not need to be lodged together. In fact, if you or your employer wants to play it cautious, lodging the nomination only is the safer way, as there is no fee for the nomination. Some people choose to wait for the nomination to be approved by DIAC prior to lodging the visa application, as once the visa application is lodged, you must pay the visa application fee which at the moment is $3060. If DIAC is unsatisfied with the application and tells you to withdrawal, or if they refuse an application, under most circumstances the visa fee is non-refundable. So it is a bit risky lodging them together. However, lodging them together will cut down on the time it takes, and if you are confident that your application will be approved, I see no reason to not lodge them together.

Ā 

The reason that my migration agent lodged both the nomination and visa application together is because we were simply out of time. I was on a second year working holiday visa, which was about to expire in a few days. In order to receive a bridging visa, the visa application must be lodged. Lodging only the nomination will not get you a bridging visa.

Ā 

So in my case, my nomination and visa application were lodged on 11 September, 2012. On the 12th of September, we received the acknowledgement letters, which detailed that I had been granted a bridging A visa (BVA). However, the bridging visa does not take into effect until your current substantive visa expires. So on the 18th of September, it automatically rolled over from my working holiday subclass 417 visa to the BVA visa. I hope that makes sense?

Ā 

Also, regarding the RCB advice, it used to be that the RCB must approve the nomination before anything is lodged with DIAC. Under the new scheme that was introduced on July 1, 2012 the nomination and visa may both be lodged with DIAC prior to RCB assessment. However, if the RCB advice has not been provided to DIAC and DIAC is ready to move forward with assessing the nomination and visa, they will continue without the RCB advice. Since they have been so backlogged, it was not an issue that my RCB advice was uploaded in November. So now, the RCB advice has been provided to DIAC along with all other documentation for them to assess my file.

Ā 

My case officer was allocated to the nomination 2 weeks ago today. My employer made contact with him yesterday. He was told "it has been allocated so sit back and relax"... He would not give any indication or timeframe as to when it will be processed.

Ā 

I think at this stage we have done everything in our power and must do as we are told by the CO. The CO is the one person you don't want to aggravate! We have made contact with him. He knows we're waiting for it to be processed. We just have to wait at this point. I just hope he doesn't drag it out much longer! :/

Hi all I am new to this thread we have just applied decision ready on Sunday 21st April yikes !!!!

Ā 

A bit of background my husband and I and our 3 children have been in Australia 16 months on a 457 and we are now going for PR !!

iam currently doing a dip Ed to become a science teacher so hopefully will be qualified by December.

ā€‹good luck everyone

Ā 

Ā 

We have had our nomination approved today yippe nearly their !!!

Thanks for all the info SonicBlue82!

My sponsor is ready to proceed with their side of things so will it be lodged before my application now anyway.

Sorry to ask another question, but did you have to apply to have a work permit attached to your bridging visa or

was it automatically granted with it?

we had our nomination approved monday 13 th may, and had a CO now from 22 nd april, i had no communication at all from CO, only got too know about nomination throu employer, visa application waiting time for us is 7 months tomorrow , hope all sorted very soon, but who knows.

Thanks for all the info SonicBlue82!

My sponsor is ready to proceed with their side of things so will it be lodged before my application now anyway.

Sorry to ask another question, but did you have to apply to have a work permit attached to your bridging visa or

was it automatically granted with it?

Ā 

Ā 

Funny you should ask this - with the working holiday visa, you are limited to working for any given employer for a maximum of 6 months. I had reached 6 months with my sponsoring employer 2 or 3 weeks before we lodged, so I had to cease work until we lodged the application and the bridging visa became effective. I had contacted DIAC and requested they either grant me a work extension on my working holiday visa to allow me to continue working, or to remove this condition with my bridging visa. Under normal circumstances I believe the bridging visa carries any conditions that your previous (expired) substantive visa had. However, in my case the BVA was granted with no conditions :)

Ā 

It doesn't hurt to give DIAC a call on their general enquiries line and ask - they are there to help :)