187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hey guys, does anyone know the process for IELTS? I was under the impression that it should be lodged at the time of the 187 application.

I thought you couldnt do the IELTS after the lodgment?

Yes, if it is something that you require to be eligible for the visa you must have passed it before applying for the visa.

Hi all I am new to this thread we have just applied decision ready on Sunday 21st April yikes !!!!

Ā 

A bit of background my husband and I and our 3 children have been in Australia 16 months on a 457 and we are now going for PR !!

iam currently doing a dip Ed to become a science teacher so hopefully will be qualified by December.

ā€‹good luck everyone

Yes, if it is something that you require to be eligible for the visa you must have passed it before applying for the visa.

Yes that right but there will a little catch... The rule says you should have appeared for test.. That mean you can sit for exam and before you get results if you wish you are eligible to apply

Ā 

"The IELTS test must be completed within the 3-year period immediately before you apply for your visa."

Hi All,

Ā 

The auto-response email was updated yesterday and it shows their strategy on handling the cases. It looks like they will no longer show the current processing period so we will never know how far are they on allocating cases. We will just have to rely on updates from the members ...so please post any updates you receive.

Ā 

PS: It was also made clear that they are not obliged to reply on our e-mails. =x

Ā 

Ā 

***excerpt from the auto-response email***

Ā 

We will no longer be publishing allocation dates by processing centre as we are using a number of strategies to manage the caseload more efficiently. Generally we are managing allocations via the following:

Ā 

Priority 1: Decision Ready, complete applications in ANSCO 1 & 2 occupations (by date of lodgement)

Priority 2: All other Decision Ready applications (by date of lodgement)

Priority 3: ANSCO occupations 1 & 2 requiring further documentation (by date of lodgement)

Priority 4: All other applications by date of lodgement

Ā 

...Contact by the case officer is by no means automatic or required under legislation.

hi all , we got a CO tuesday 23 rd april, had an E MAIL from parramatta admin office telling us this, not had word yet from CO, but looking forward to having word from her, just so u all know we put visa app in on october 24 th 2012, 6 months yesterday. anyway this form 80 has been geting on my **** as regards does everybody have to fill one in or what the situation is. so i phoned australia embassy in london and asked them, the lady i spoke 2 said that i should just wait and CO may or may not request this form 80 . as far as she knows its down to your CO, if anybody else knows any different i woul be glad to hear your answers on form 80 , as i have read a couple of people have had 2 fill in and others dont mention it in their granted visa timeline, cheers

Hi Losing Faith,

Ā 

I wouldnt stress about Form 80.

I did not attach it to my online application however i did have it completed so if my CO needed it i could email it without delay.

Luckily i was not asked for form 80 and i did not ned any addiitional documents.

My MA did ask me to complete form 1221 which i included in my application.

Ā 

thanks

I've been watching this thread for a while and take comfort from following the timelines of others in a similar situation to mine. So I thought I'd add to the list another family's story!

Ā 

nomination lodged 7-12-12

nomination approved 14-03-13

visa application lodged with supporting documentation non-drc 25-03-13

medicals completed 04-04-13 through eVisa

police checks uploaded 25-04-13

no case officer assigned as far as we know, only contact has been acknowledgement email that appeared within hours of lodging application.

Ā 

waiting....

Hi guys.

Ā 

PR granted today. 187 visa, DRC in Perth. Applied 27/2/2013, 8 weeks ago today!

Ā 

Ā 

Congrats mate!

Ā 

It's really good to see 187's being granted and I'm happy for those who have had theirs granted. But at the same time, it's so hard to see applications like this be processed in such a short period of time when a lot of us have been waiting months and months and are still waiting. So frustrated......... :(

Hi Losing Faith,

Ā 

I wouldnt stress about Form 80.

I did not attach it to my online application however i did have it completed so if my CO needed it i could email it without delay.

Luckily i was not asked for form 80 and i did not ned any addiitional documents.

My MA did ask me to complete form 1221 which i included in my application.

Ā 

thanks

jordz that gives me some hope mate that you did not have to fill the form 80 must be down to the CO then, back in the 1980 s i had a south african identity document , that i lost many many years ago and i dont know the ID number and it asks all those sort of questions in form 80, anyway what is form 1221? thanks

ā€‹

jordz that gives me some hope mate that you did not have to fill the form 80 must be down to the CO then, back in the 1980 s i had a south african identity document , that i lost many many years ago and i dont know the ID number and it asks all those sort of questions in form 80, anyway what is form 1221? thanks

ā€‹

Well there were a fair few questions that I put 'unknown' for, like old passport numbers etc, even jobs over some periods, and I had no issues.

Well there were a fair few questions that I put 'unknown' for, like old passport numbers etc, even jobs over some periods, and I had no issues.

well thats good 2 know as when i lived in south africa from 1972 and came back uk 1987, i did take out south african citizenship throu naturalisation, im uk born and am a british citizen, anyway in 1999 i was the victim of burgalary on 3 seperate occasions at my flat in england reported all to the police, and the last burgalary the scum bags for reasons only they know stole my out of date south african passport and my ID book, so will have to put unknown to those questions and explain at the end of form 80 in part J, but from what you say blossom ,maybe wont be such a big problem, im just worried throu desperation of fleeing this damp , grey , cold, wet , miserable island called britain and like everybody else cant wait to get down under:arghh:

finally nomination is approved. it just got approved out of no where. no sign of co allocate and the application page still says "Application Received"

Ā 

timeline - Mel Centre

3th Sep, submitted RCB

20th Sep, approved by RCB

21th Sep, nomination submitted,

Ā 

30th April, nomination approved

Ā 

Im gonna submitted my visa application today.

Ā 

good luck

hi all i was told last week tuesday april 23 rd, via E mail from parramatta admin department ,that i had been allocated a CO. as you can imagine i was thrilled, and after waiting 6 months and a couple of days , i had it in my head that CO would be making contact with me in a matter of days. one week on im still waiting for a E mail from the CO, am i impatient? should i just wait? or should i send a nice polite E mail , just to let my CO know that im still breathing, just about. nice polite E mail wont hurt , will it?

Depends on the co. They might be that busy that an email p's them off, or they could be nice as pie. Some people still end up waiting a couple of months or so from then. Cos can be sick, or go on holiday, and most of the time you have to wait for your one to come back. Just be glad in the knowledge that you are nearly there!

Hey guys, I am a bit worry about my application, I am under the title of Trainee Accountant at the moment and my company is going to lodge the sponsor by using that. I just wonder is that eligible for Accountant (General) 221111. Also, when immigration assess an application which element is the most important thing they look at eg. salary, title or job descriptions. What if the sponsor has not been approved, can I apply with the same company again?