3 hours ago, Earlymegski said:

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing ok and that your visa apps continue during these Difficult  times.
I was looking for advice on 186 visa. Boyfriend’s previous employer In Melbourne has said he is willing to sponsor him on 186 but he’s never done it before. He’s a small construction business. Do you know how complicated it is for the sponsor and if we will need a migration agent , and if you used one do you have any recommendations?

thank you and good luck everyone 

Even I would suggest hiring a migration agent, though that can be a bit expensive, it would be worth it since the business is small and haven't done it earlier, and moreover would reduce headaches later

15 hours ago, Earlymegski said:

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing ok and that your visa apps continue during these Difficult  times.
I was looking for advice on 186 visa. Boyfriend’s previous employer In Melbourne has said he is willing to sponsor him on 186 but he’s never done it before. He’s a small construction business. Do you know how complicated it is for the sponsor and if we will need a migration agent , and if you used one do you have any recommendations?

If your partner or the HR person in the business has the time/inclination to do so, the actual application is not so difficult (providing no special circumstances). It's just a case of working out what documents they want, it's mainly straightforward. Having an agent is helpful but it can be done without, if you want to.

However, if/when the department come back to you with questions, requests etc., that's when you'll really feel better having an agent, especially an experienced one - it makes such a difference at that stage, in my opinion.

18 hours ago, Earlymegski said:

Hi,

I would recommend using a migration agent.  We lodged a 186 application under my partner's small construction company and it the nomination application was rejected - even though the reason for rejection could easily be explained/resolved Immigration did not give the opportunity to ask for further information.  Just straight out rejection.  This caused us a lot of stress and expense.

Second time applying we used a migration agent, which was granted.  The company need to build a good, strong case for the nomination for PR it is a lot more complex then a temporary visa such as 457/482.

It is extra expense to use an agent but at least you have peace of mind that the application has been prepared properly and with experience.

Wish we engaged one the first time round, would of saved us a lot in hindsight.  

We have just applied for our citizenship this month.

Best of luck with the process!

7 minutes ago, devProgrammer said:

What I meant is contact immigration on status of application. Not sure if it should be call or email and would it be worth it? Has someone contact before and got any result/response ?

Yeah.. 186 DE another profile known by me contacted recently they told nothing they can do and best place to check is immigration website login. Myself also lodged dec 13 dec 2019.

The processing times for 186DE has been updated today but I have seen very few grants never mind in this time frame.  Has anyone been granted in the past couple of weeks?  and if so what was your timeline?

The employer was asked on 6th May 2020 for a letter confirming that the employment was still available.  The MA agent sent the letter back 30 minutes after request but haven't heard anything since.

VISA:  186 DE

Nomination applied:  28th Feb 2020

Visa applied:  1st March 2020

Onshore:  Yes

No of Applicants: 2

Nomination Status:  Received

Visa Status:  Received

hi guys anyone waiting to hear from AAT for a 186 DE nomination refusal? we got it refused in august 2018, lodged everything with AAT in September 2018, still haven't heard anything....

and now with the Covid 19 issues we are even more stressful!

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, devProgrammer said:

Did you happen to get the bridging visa while applied ?

Missed ..I didn’t get tourist visa on time.. hopefully waiting for things to change...u knw anybody with situation like me?  did u call immigration? 

3 hours ago, Sandhiya said:

Missed ..I didn’t get tourist visa on time.. hopefully waiting for things to change...u knw anybody with situation like me?  did u call immigration? 

How could you be onshore without a bridging visa, since you missed tourist visa 🤔, not yet.

5 hours ago, MoolaMantra said:

hi guys anyone waiting to hear from AAT for a 186 DE nomination refusal? we got it refused in august 2018, lodged everything with AAT in September 2018, still haven't heard anything....

and now with the Covid 19 issues we are even more stressful!

Thanks!

Still waiting! Been told that AAT workers are working from home and appeals have been put in hold until after Covid. Only special cases being dealt with at the moment. 

Oh dear who let the graduate updated the DE processing times.... 

Clearly it's suppose to months and not days haha. 

Im DE and submitted application and nomination  on 24 DEC... still nothing. 

'She'll be right mate' says the immigration officer.. Who took over $6000 for my application. Shambles!! 

Screenshot_20200521-093131_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Ozzy_man10 said:

Oh dear who let the graduate updated the DE processing times.... 

Clearly it's suppose to months and not days haha. 

Im DE and submitted application and nomination  on 24 DEC... still nothing. 

'She'll be right mate' says the immigration officer.. Who took over $6000 for my application. Shambles!! 

Screenshot_20200521-093131_Chrome.jpg

Lol, Can you pls update time lines in signature, Thanks

On 13/05/2020 at 16:32, Mohh said:

Thank you. Good luck to you too. I am from Iran and it is marked as "Countries with low risk of tuberculosis" on immigration website. I wish I knew about ranking or priorities! unfortunately sometimes it looks like random.

Hi Mohh,

I have the same profile as you do, and same country.I wonder how many assessments did you provide with your application?

2 minutes ago, Farim said:

Hi Mohh,

I have the same profile as you do, and same country.I wonder how many assessments did you provide with your application?

Hi

Salam, Mokhlesam.

If by assessment you mean Skill assessment, there was no skill assessment . I only did medical assessment which I submitted that before the Covid19 crises.

Send me private message if you want.