6 hours ago, Doodledummy said:

Thank you @devProgrammer!!

Just a few more questions:

1. If visa is already lodged (March 2020) and 1 requirement is about to expire on May 2020,is it still valid? Or will they be requesting for a new one?

2. If my 457 visa is expiring on March 2021, and worst case(hopefully not)  -PR is not yet approved, will they be granting us a bridging visa or will they be extending my 457? Im offshore btw which is why i didnt get a bridging visa upon 186 lodgement.

Hope someone can help clear these questions pls. Thank u so much!

You need to be in Australia to be able to apply for a bridging visa.. 

19 hours ago, Doodledummy said:

Thank you @devProgrammer!!

Just a few more questions:

1. If visa is already lodged (March 2020) and 1 requirement is about to expire on May 2020,is it still valid? Or will they be requesting for a new one?

2. If my 457 visa is expiring on March 2021, and worst case(hopefully not)  -PR is not yet approved, will they be granting us a bridging visa or will they be extending my 457? Im offshore btw which is why i didnt get a bridging visa upon 186 lodgement.

Hope someone can help clear these questions pls. Thank u so much!

1. Depends on CO I guess, I have seem someone posting saying CO Didn't ask for document after expiry and other way around as well, it might be based on the document as well.

2. You need to be onshore so as to get bridging visa (you can apply for same once you become onshore), but though you can renew the 457 while at offshore, so I guess if you are still at offshore then that would be the way to go.

3 hours ago, donkeyoz said:

186 DE granted today. Less than a month.

University Lecturer.

Nomination: 17 March

Submission: 31 March

Meds: 7 April

Granted: 15 April 

Congratulations very quick!

Hope you dont mind me asking but how long was it to get called for your medical? 

2 minutes ago, A&L said:

Congratulations very quick!

Hope you dont mind me asking but how long was it to get called for your medical? 

Thanks. I waited for a week to get called. I am based at Melbourne, I don't know how long in other places. According to Bupa, Immi has certain priorities as you may see from Bupa website. 

8 minutes ago, donkeyoz said:

Thanks. I waited for a week to get called. I am based at Melbourne, I don't know how long in other places. According to Bupa, Immi has certain priorities as you may see from Bupa website. 

Husband is in Perth waiting for his, I'm in UK and completed ours so it's just his outstanding now.

17 hours ago, donkeyoz said:

186 DE granted today. Less than a month.

University Lecturer.

Nomination: 17 March

Submission: 31 March

Meds: 7 April

Granted: 15 April 

Music to my ears!! So glad they are still granting visas. Hope your CO picks up my file next 🤞😂 

1 hour ago, Jammy said:

@donkeyoz Congratulations!! 

Can you share anything with us that your agent or you did which helped in expedited approval of DE or can it be that education and healthcare industry might be getting prioritized right now?   

No, I did everything by myself and did not do anything to 'expediate' (in fact I do not know!). I guess I got fast grant may be university 'endorsement'. I also have no idea of what priority is. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Swoop said:

Hey how are my June 2019 buddies getting on? Happy 10 month anniversary 😂😫😭

@M A Z have you heard anything at all? I've had no contact.

@ Swoop, Thanks mate, you reminded me that I applied and now with you to celebrate 10-Month celebration. 😱😱😱

By the by, that day my lawyer informed me that he contacted about delay and the dept confirmed my case is under process. 😡😡😡 

Hope the grant meets us all soon.

6 hours ago, M A Z said:

@ Swoop, Thanks mate, you reminded me that I applied and now with you to celebrate 10-Month celebration. 😱😱😱

By the by, that day my lawyer informed me that he contacted about delay and the dept confirmed my case is under process. 😡😡😡 

Hope the grant meets us all soon. 

Do you know if the department actually checked your file when your lawyer contacted them?

Mine spoke to the department and just got a standard "10% of cases take longer than the published processing times" bla bla bla etc. They were not interested in actually checking what is causing the delay.

I cant see any of us receiving PR within the next 6 months. Only those in priority essential services such as doctors and nurses. 

Those in hospitality may have unfortunately  lost thier oppertunity this year. 

If the Austrailian economy takes a turn for the worst, then I can't see 80% of us not getting PR for mulitple years. Similar to the 2008/2009 crisis.

My MA told me most immigration staff have been redirected to assit with other gov services during this time. 

7 hours ago, Swoop said:

Do you know if the department actually checked your file when your lawyer contacted them?

Mine spoke to the department and just got a standard "10% of cases take longer than the published processing times" bla bla bla etc. They were not interested in actually checking what is causing the delay.

@Swoop

Silence broken, received the record 4th S56 docu request at afternoon today.

Very interestingly Probably I could find the cause of the delay.  From the email received today I find, she is the 4th CO for my case. As a result, each time a CO took over my case and forwarded a S56 documents requests. So, its the 4th S56 request. What a (un) lucky guy I am!!!

Any one lucky like me???

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, M A Z said:

@Swoop

Silence broken, received the record 4th S56 docu request at afternoon today.

Very interestingly Probably I could find the cause of the delay.  From the email received today I find, she is the 4th CO for my case. As a result, each time a CO took over my case and forwarded a S56 documents requests. So, its the 4th S56 request. What a (un) lucky guy I am!!!

Any one lucky like me???

Wow @M A Z, that's so frustrating. I feel for you. What have they requested?

The only positive, like you say, is at least it's something, rather than just complete silence! I suppose it's nice to know you haven't been totally forgotten about.

Do you know how long it was between your lawyer speaking to them and the new S56 being issued?

3 minutes ago, dol said:

Have read in the news recently that the number of the invites for other PR streams (like 189/190) declined by 97% in April.. Not a good sign

I have heard that they're too busy sorting out all the problems with temporary visa holders currently in Australia.   So it might be good news for onshore applicants