I think no one get visa granted since 23/3 according data from 

https://www.easymigrate.com/about/recent-visa-grants/

Visa TRT lodge 24 January

Nomination aporove 23 February

On 22/03/2020 at 15:01, SidFarooqui_20 said:

Is there any grants this month because this forums looks silent or no one is updating ? 
Secondly, did anyone applied in Dec 2019 and got the Grant ?

• Like 1

On 23/04/2020 at 04:37, Swoop said:

Wow @M A Z, that's so frustrating. I feel for you. What have they requested?

The only positive, like you say, is at least it's something, rather than just complete silence! I suppose it's nice to know you haven't been totally forgotten about.

Do you know how long it was between your lawyer speaking to them and the new S56 being issued?

@Swoop, This time the dept requested further documents related to security clearance and abt my lawyer, he talked little more than 2 wks before this request. wish you to receive grant soon.

On 24/04/2020 at 20:56, M A Z said:

@Swoop, This time the dept requested further documents related to security clearance and abt my lawyer, he talked little more than 2 wks before this request. wish you to receive grant soon.

Fingers crossed this will be your last S56 🤞 hang in there mate.

I received an email from my agent on Friday. Apparently an officer is assessing my documents now. They have requested for a new police check from my origin country. Beacuse I was kind of ready for this, I got a new one in December in case that they ask for. I sent it to my agent this morning.

My application status is "Initial Assessment" now. I don't know about my nomination status yet.

Edited by Mohh

4 hours ago, Mohh said:

I received an email from my agent on Friday. Apparently an officer is assessing my documents now. They have requested for a new police check from my origin country. Beacuse I was kind of ready for this, I got a new one in December in case that they ask for. I sent it to my agent this morning.

My application status is "Initial Assessment" now. I don't know about my nomination status yet.

What is the process you needed to go through to get your criminal record check from your country of birth and how much did it cost?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, meshach14 said:

What is the process you needed to go through to get your criminal record check from your country of birth and how much did it cost?

Thanks

If I wanted to do it from the embassy in Australia it could take months and I don't know how much it costs. I had a trip to my country to visit my family on my Christmas holidays. I did the police check and it needed my fingerprints. it cost me almost $10 AUD itself and $60 AUD for translation. it took a week to get results. I received the result while I was still there and brought it back with me to Australia.

20 minutes ago, Mohh said:

If I wanted to do it from the embassy in Australia it could take months and I don't know how much it costs. I had a trip to my country to visit my family on my Christmas holidays. I did the police check and it needed my fingerprints. it cost me almost $10 AUD itself and $60 AUD for translation. it took a week to get results. I received the result while I was still there and brought it back with me to Australia.

hi @Mohh, which country you belong to?

Hi, I know this is probably not the best thread for my questions and I'm really sorry for that.

I'm just really desperate to find answers to my questions so I decided to just post my questions here since they're also about ENS 186.

1) If I'm on my 482 visa and eventually my employer will be willing to convert my 482 visa to 186 (TRT scheme), will I be eligible to apply if I've been employed by my sponsor for  3 years but only 2 years under the 482 visa? My first year with the company is under 476 visa. Or should we opt for the direct entry scheme?

2) In connection with question #1, is it allowed to apply through DE scheme even if I currently hold a 482 visa? I'm afraid that the DE scheme is solely for those who haven't been under the 482 visa.

3) Are there significant differences (pros and cons) when applying through TRT or DE schemes?

Really hoping for your answers. Thank you so much and apologies again if my questions are off topic.

10 hours ago, rocknroll25 said:

Hi, I know this is probably not the best thread for my questions and I'm really sorry for that.

I'm just really desperate to find answers to my questions so I decided to just post my questions here since they're also about ENS 186.

1) If I'm on my 482 visa and eventually my employer will be willing to convert my 482 visa to 186 (TRT scheme), will I be eligible to apply if I've been employed by my sponsor for  3 years but only 2 years under the 482 visa? My first year with the company is under 476 visa. Or should we opt for the direct entry scheme?

2) In connection with question #1, is it allowed to apply through DE scheme even if I currently hold a 482 visa? I'm afraid that the DE scheme is solely for those who haven't been under the 482 visa.

3) Are there significant differences (pros and cons) when applying through TRT or DE schemes?

Really hoping for your answers. Thank you so much and apologies again if my questions are off topic.

Different to your visa subclass, I am currently under 457 which is the predecessor of 482 TSS Medium-term stream. They are the same under this circumstance.

1) The TRT scheme require 3 years of the same employment under 457 or TSS visa. I don't believe 476 is a subclass of TSS, therefore, the one year you worked for your sponsor before you got 482 cannot be added into the TRT scheme eligibility. Direct entry is a better option I think, otherwise you will have to wait for another year to be eligible.

2) 186 DE scheme has no prior condition for visa status, nor does it require you to apply onshore or offshore. In another word, regardless of you visa status, as long as:

1. employer is willing to nominate you for DE scheme

2. your occupation is on the list of eligible skilled occupations

3. you receive a positive skill assessment from the appointed institution

4. have at least 3 years relevant work experience

5. have at least Competent English level

You can even apply before you have any kind of Australian visa.

3)

TRT pros: No need for skill assessment

TRT cons: 1. Have to wait until you have worked 3 years for your sponsor under 482 visa; 2. At the moment, TRT processing time (7~8 months) is longer than DE (4~6 months). However, processing time is subject to change from time to time

DE pros: 1. Eligible any time as long as you meet the aforementioned requirements; 2. Quicker processing time

DE cons: Need skill assessment from appointed institution

Hope the answers can help you and feel free to send me message if you have further questions.

25 minutes ago, JessieQ said:

Different to your visa subclass, I am currently under 457 which is the predecessor of 482 TSS Medium-term stream. They are the same under this circumstance.

1) The TRT scheme require 3 years of the same employment under 457 or TSS visa. I don't believe 476 is a subclass of TSS, therefore, the one year you worked for your sponsor before you got 482 cannot be added into the TRT scheme eligibility. Direct entry is a better option I think, otherwise you will have to wait for another year to be eligible.

2) 186 DE scheme has no prior condition for visa status, nor does it require you to apply onshore or offshore. In another word, regardless of you visa status, as long as:

1. employer is willing to nominate you for DE scheme

2. your occupation is on the list of eligible skilled occupations

3. you receive a positive skill assessment from the appointed institution

4. have at least 3 years relevant work experience

5. have at least Competent English level

You can even apply before you have any kind of Australian visa.

3)

TRT pros: No need for skill assessment

TRT cons: 1. Have to wait until you have worked 3 years for your sponsor under 482 visa; 2. At the moment, TRT processing time (7~8 months) is longer than DE (4~6 months). However, processing time is subject to change from time to time

DE pros: 1. Eligible any time as long as you meet the aforementioned requirements; 2. Quicker processing time

DE cons: Need skill assessment from appointed institution

Hope the answers can help you and feel free to send me message if you have further questions.

Wow, thank you so much for this! This is really helpful and has cleared my mind from all the questions that I had in mind.

Just one more question, in terms of nomination by the employer/sponsor, is it more beneficial for the sponsor to go through the TRT scheme than the DE scheme? I mean is the other scheme easier and less hassle for the employer than the other scheme? Or basically, they are just the same and the employer will undergo similar process for both schemes?

38 minutes ago, rocknroll25 said:

Wow, thank you so much for this! This is really helpful and has cleared my mind from all the questions that I had in mind.

Just one more question, in terms of nomination by the employer/sponsor, is it more beneficial for the sponsor to go through the TRT scheme than the DE scheme? I mean is the other scheme easier and less hassle for the employer than the other scheme? Or basically, they are just the same and the employer will undergo similar process for both schemes?

As far as I know, TRT probably even needs more documents than DE as your employer needs to make a formal statement to confirm you have worked 3 years under 482 visa whereas DE doesn't. In terms of costs, they are the same.

I remembered many documents my employer used for temporary visa nomination are in the same form of information they provide for 186 DE. However, not being an employer myself, I can't really tell any difference between DE and TRT as I never heard any hassle complaint from my employer.

Edited by JessieQ

15 minutes ago, JessieQ said:

As far as I know, TRT probably even needs more documents than DE as your employer needs to make a formal statement to confirm you have worked 3 years under 482 visa whereas DE doesn't. In terms of costs, they are the same.

I remembered many documents my employer used for temporary visa nomination are in the same form of information they provide for 186 DE. However, not being an employer myself, I can't really tell any difference between DE and TRT as I never heard any hassle complaint from my employer.

Sorry for replying again here instead of sending you a private message. I tried sending you a PM but I think I'm restricted to do so.

That's good to hear. At least I have an option of being sponsored under the 186 DE scheme if my employer approves. As for the skills assessment, I don't need to worry about it cause I also lodged an EOI for 189/190 which requires the skills assessment. Still no luck of getting an invite for 189/190 so I'm just trying to exhaust all my possible options and plan ahead.

I'm just confused as to why employers still opt to apply for 457 or TSS if they can just go straight to 186 DE. Or is it because since 186 is a PR visa, it is more difficult to apply and meet all the requirements for that visa?

Hopefully my last question, do you know what will happen if I've lodged my visa application but the nomination gets refused? Am I eligible for a refund for that reason?

Thank you so much.

6 minutes ago, rocknroll25 said:

Sorry for replying again here instead of sending you a private message. I tried sending you a PM but I think I'm restricted to do so.

That's good to hear. At least I have an option of being sponsored under the 186 DE scheme if my employer approves. As for the skills assessment, I don't need to worry about it cause I also lodged an EOI for 189/190 which requires the skills assessment. Still no luck of getting an invite for 189/190 so I'm just trying to exhaust all my possible options and plan ahead.

I'm just confused as to why employers still opt to apply for 457 or TSS if they can just go straight to 186 DE. Or is it because since 186 is a PR visa, it is more difficult to apply and meet all the requirements for that visa?

Hopefully my last question, do you know what will happen if I've lodged my visa application but the nomination gets refused? Am I eligible for a refund for that reason?

Thank you so much.

Private message sent.

• Nominated occupation: Technical sales representative 
  • Immigration Agent: No 
  • Country of birth: INDIA
  • Stream: 186 TRT (onshore with 457) 
  • Applicants: 2+2
  • Nomination Lodged: 18 Feb 2020
  • Primary Application Lodged: 03 Mar 2020
  • Medical Examination:  09 Mar 2020
  • Nomination approved: 21 Feb 2020
  • Visa granted: 29 Apr 2020
  • Congratulations 5

Hi All,

I am really sorry for putting up just my timeline 👆actually it was 2am that I I posted my timeline & it was my first, I have been following this group closely from the time our Nominations got approved, all the best to each and everyone who have been waiting for the golden email, I pray for each 1 of u thru pass this waiting time ASAP.
Cheers.
  • Congratulations 5