7 hours ago, Mukki said:

Hi All

I submitted my Nomination in Dec 2108 and Visa application 186 DE from Australia on  Jan 2019. I am living and working in Australia since Jan 2017 and have valid visa until 2020.

I submitted   Police clearance from my home country India , which was issued on October 2018.

Now if i do not  get the visa approved by October 2019, Do i need to get the police clearance again  as it  is stated police clearance is valid   for 12 months  only?

Please advise.

@Mukki This is all dependant on a few factors;
- If you get a CO within 1-3 month after the PCC is expired, then it's at the mercy of the CO assigned. 
They could either accept it as it, or request an update immediately. 

- If it's expired for more than 3 months when a CO is assigned, then it's almost always the case that they will request a new, updated one. 

My question for things like this is always:
- Can you afford a possible delay in your processing? If yes, then take the chance and wait for it to be 2-3 months expired. If no (as in most cases), then get a new one before expiry. 

On 24/02/2019 at 05:12, Munkey1980 said:

Additional new police checks uploaded today as requested and status immediately changed to Further assessment!

anyone any idea on wait from here on in..?

thanks 

Did you submit police checks with your application at the start? 

I applied at the end of Feb and submitted police checks with application - wondering if I will be asked to submit new ones as the date has now passed 12 months? 

38 minutes ago, Vai said:

Hi all,

My residency came through on Saturday! Applied for 186 TRT 5 April 2018, status was ‘received’ up until I got the approval email so they finalised nomination and application at the same time. They didn’t ask for any additional documents and luckily it came through right before my police checks were due to expire. 

I work in marketing and my occupation falls under ‘Public Relations Professional’. Employer nomination was filed by Ernst & Young and I did the application on my own. 

Good luck everyone!!! 

Congrats Vai,

Can you please clarify when did you lodge your nomination?

Thanks

1 minute ago, SAJ.N said:

Congrats Vai,

Can you please clarify when did you lodge your nomination?

Thanks

Lodged nomination and application on 5 April 2018, I had the application ready to go so I could lodge as soon as the nomination was in. 

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader in this forum for a while and has helped me a lot with anxiety and queries. Got my golden email on Friday. Here is my timeline 

State: VIC

Birth country: High Risk

Stream: Direct Entry 186

Number of applicants : 3

Nomination applied: 22 May 2018

Visa applied: 18 June 2018

Nomination and visa granted: 22 Feb 2019

Requested documents: Past job description on 22 Feb 2019, visa granted within 10 minutes of uploading the document.  

Thank you everyone for sharing their details. All the best for those who have been waiting

Cheers

Edited by neppl
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 14

15 hours ago, SAJ.N said:

There is not any exact trend for this.Can be on the same day of nomination approval or one year after.

Thanks. I heard from my MA and she seconded your opinion. However, she indicates that typically, if nomination and PR are applied together, you can expect to hear within a month. Again, this is more of a trend than a rule.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nomanshaheer said:

Thanks. I heard from my MA and she seconded your opinion. However, she indicates that typically, if nomination and PR are applied together, you can expect to hear within a month. Again, this is more of a trend than a rule.

Hi Nomanshaheer,

Can you please add your time line to your signature?

Thanks

On 23/02/2019 at 00:08, Gighen87 said:

Congratulations!

This is very strange, as there is cooks waiting from February 2017 and didn't get their visa yet, not even been rejected. Who know how this immigration officers are working 🤔

It is awesome for these guys getting fast processed.

I wonder if the department is sometimes processing newer applications first just to show-off good statistic and improvement on the general processing time.

Shamefully old application would then be processed behind in the queue and at such a pace than less than 10% of them are finalised each month, keeping the processing time stats down for the 90% application processed figure.

Just my imagination... image.png.776993ba5826b888d5a8fb8096ff7644.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, neppl said:

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader in this forum for a while and has helped me a lot with anxiety and queries. Got my golden email on Friday. Here is my timeline 

State: VIC

Birth country: High Risk

Stream: Direct 186

Number of applicants : 3

Nomination applied: 22 May 2018

Visa applied: 18 May 2018

Nomination and visa granted: 22 Feb 2019

Requested documents: Past job description on 22 Feb 20019, visa granted withing 10 minutes of uploading the document.  

Thank you everyone for sharing their details. All the best for those who have been waiting

Cheers

Congratulations for your grant.. A quick question ,, Did you applied DE or TRT?

Hi All,

I am new to the topic, Me and My colleague both applied for 186 ENS on 7 December 2018. I didn't provide my country PCC as the MA told me to wait till March. My colleague didn't listen to them and applied all in January and got his approved on Feb 9th 2019(with in 2 months). I have got initial assessment and an email from CO then later i have uploaded requested docs on Feb 15th 2019 and it is in Further assessment state from that time. Any insight on how much time it will take now?

Thanks in advance.

38 minutes ago, 260syduser said:

Hi All,

I am new to the topic, Me and My colleague both applied for 186 ENS on 7 December 2018. I didn't provide my country PCC as the MA told me to wait till March. My colleague didn't listen to them and applied all in January and got his approved on Feb 9th 2019(with in 2 months). I have got initial assessment and an email from CO then later i have uploaded requested docs on Feb 15th 2019 and it is in Further assessment state from that time. Any insight on how much time it will take now?

Thanks in advance.

Is your Colleague approved is Nomination or 186 Visa? Did you and your colleague applied Nomination and 186Visa ?

Anyway that was so quick within 2 months.

On 17/02/2019 at 15:50, Ming said:

Me too......

Hi guys, just a quick question. I’ve imported my 186 trt application today and found Action Required medical examination. Spoke to my Migration Lawyer and he said it is generic requirement for 186 application and i should not do it untill CO request for it. 

My question is should i do it now for time saving or wait for CO request. 

Has someone experienced this to save timeframe??? 

A question to @Hex @boo-yaa as we are seeing grants for people in 2-3 months and files getting approved for people applied in August 2018. Is this due to MA being proactive as it makes no sense for people waiting from 2017 or in my case March 2018 been waiting for 11 months now... I know its an tricky question but I am trying to find some sense of how and what criteria is immigration using currently as I have contacted my MA just earlier as if he doesn't contact immigration I will give them a call and send an email as well as my application will be entering 12 months in few days so I will be out of processing time soon so I will take it up on my own to get some attention on my case otherwise nothing will happen...

22 minutes ago, gigio said:

Today I received my visa. 

Thank you for your support!!

24 minutes ago, 260syduser said:

@prad

Yes he got his 186 visa.

Hi 260syduser,

What is your and your colleague timeline and occupation? 

Thankx