2 hours ago, galisuman said:

A question to @Hex @boo-yaa as we are seeing grants for people in 2-3 months and files getting approved for people applied in August 2018. Is this due to MA being proactive as it makes no sense for people waiting from 2017 or in my case March 2018 been waiting for 11 months now... I know its an tricky question but I am trying to find some sense of how and what criteria is immigration using currently as I have contacted my MA just earlier as if he doesn't contact immigration I will give them a call and send an email as well as my application will be entering 12 months in few days so I will be out of processing time soon so I will take it up on my own to get some attention on my case otherwise nothing will happen...

I know your question is directed at Hex and Boo-Yaa - no one really knows, but I expect it's because they paid the SAF which was introduced in August. I'm sure there is other factors, but this seems to match up.

Completely unfair in my opinion, but life isn't fair, especially Australian Visa's. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Honcho said:

I wonder if the department is sometimes processing newer applications first just to show-off good statistic and improvement on the general processing time.

Shamefully old application would then be processed behind in the queue and at such a pace than less than 10% of them are finalised each month, keeping the processing time stats down for the 90% application processed figure.

Just my imagination... 

It might be your imagination but it actually does make a lot of sense when I think about it this way...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 260syduser said:

Hi All,

I am new to the topic, Me and My colleague both applied for 186 ENS on 7 December 2018. I didn't provide my country PCC as the MA told me to wait till March. My colleague didn't listen to them and applied all in January and got his approved on Feb 9th 2019(with in 2 months). I have got initial assessment and an email from CO then later i have uploaded requested docs on Feb 15th 2019 and it is in Further assessment state from that time. Any insight on how much time it will take now?

Thanks in advance.

@260syduser This is an unreal timeline - 2 months is not heard of and the first I've ever heard of. 

Due to 2 months being "unreal", I would revert to the timeline posted by Immigration and work off that: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times 

- Comparing someone else's timeline to your own is never a good idea, as there are so many factors at play. 

Expect the worst and hope for the best.

12 hours ago, galisuman said:

A question to @Hex @boo-yaa as we are seeing grants for people in 2-3 months and files getting approved for people applied in August 2018. Is this due to MA being proactive as it makes no sense for people waiting from 2017 or in my case March 2018 been waiting for 11 months now... I know its an tricky question but I am trying to find some sense of how and what criteria is immigration using currently as I have contacted my MA just earlier as if he doesn't contact immigration I will give them a call and send an email as well as my application will be entering 12 months in few days so I will be out of processing time soon so I will take it up on my own to get some attention on my case otherwise nothing will happen...

@galisuman Unfortunately, your guess is as good as mine (and I suspect any one else's). 

- We would need an "inside agent" to give some advise on this one, as (like you say), it seems completely unfair. 

My personal opinion is similar to what someone said the other day, whereby the department has "KPI's" to achieve (within a timeline) and with the political pressure around the new elections, I feel as though there are some targets / figures they are trying to achieve (last I read in the news, there was talk of the department promising, 80% visa processing within x days). 

- Knowing they are nowhere near this target, I suspect these "special cases" are being done in order to get that figure (in general) brought up, so they can make a statement, saying that they have achieved their goal / close to it. 

Although I hope the trend stays and gets better, I don't think this will last - not until there is a new head of department. 

• Like 3

On 25/02/2019 at 07:54, Hex said:

@Mukki This is all dependant on a few factors;
- If you get a CO within 1-3 month after the PCC is expired, then it's at the mercy of the CO assigned. 
They could either accept it as it, or request an update immediately. 

- If it's expired for more than 3 months when a CO is assigned, then it's almost always the case that they will request a new, updated one. 

My question for things like this is always:
- Can you afford a possible delay in your processing? If yes, then take the chance and wait for it to be 2-3 months expired. If no (as in most cases), then get a new one before expiry.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Arj said:
On 25/02/2019 at 07:54, Hex said:

@Mukki This is all dependant on a few factors;
- If you get a CO within 1-3 month after the PCC is expired, then it's at the mercy of the CO assigned. 
They could either accept it as it, or request an update immediately. 

- If it's expired for more than 3 months when a CO is assigned, then it's almost always the case that they will request a new, updated one. 

My question for things like this is always:
- Can you afford a possible delay in your processing? If yes, then take the chance and wait for it to be 2-3 months expired. If no (as in most cases), then get a new one before expiry.

@Arj Sorry, is there a question attached to this? Or is it just for someone's FYI? 

Edited by Hex

20 hours ago, Honcho said:

It is awesome for these guys getting fast processed.

I wonder if the department is sometimes processing newer applications first just to show-off good statistic and improvement on the general processing time.

Shamefully old application would then be processed behind in the queue and at such a pace than less than 10% of them are finalised each month, keeping the processing time stats down for the 90% application processed figure.

Just my imagination... image.png.776993ba5826b888d5a8fb8096ff7644.png

Lets hope that they process the files within two months so they can pick up another couple of 2017 files without screwing up their numbers!

It is really really annoying that there is no indication how long the remaining 10% can take.  I wish there was at least a deadline for them, for any file! 

• Like 3

Just now, SAJ.N said:

Hi Guys,

Just wondering is it possible that IMMI open our case when we are overseas (Bridging visa B) or they won't touch it until we come back?

Does anybody have the same experience?

@SAJ.N This has been asked / answered a few times. 

Being away makes no difference to your application - there was even someone earlier (a few pages back) that got their visa granted whilst out of the country. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, galisuman said:

There will always be a few outliers - those that are processed very quickly OR those that seem to take years.

What are IMMIs exact criteria for this? Well no one really knows.

We do know for sure that your Occupation and Employer are big contributing factors.

For example - If you check those who are still waiting from 2017 - they will have similar types of occupations.

Point to note - there is no point calling IMMI. You are still within the estimated processing times. They will just tell you to wait. I'm afraid you just need to sit tight like the rest of us.

Hi there,

Eva here new in the forum. I tried to put my information on the spread-sheet but couldn`t do it.

Country Italy

Nomination applied 28 Feb 2018

186 visa DE applied 31 Jul 2018

Medicals submitted 14 Oct 2018

CO assigned 04 Feb 2019. Asked the company for updated PL, evidence of training and a statement why is the employee (my husband) important to the company.

Documents uploaded on 18 Feb 2019

Status changed from Received to Further Assessment

Profession Cabinet maker

Can someone upload my info please

19 minutes ago, Eva.L said:

Hi there,

Eva here new in the forum. I tried to put my information on the spread-sheet but couldn`t do it.

Country Italy

Nomination applied 28 Feb 2018

186 visa DE applied 31 Jul 2018

Medicals submitted 14 Oct 2018

CO assigned 04 Feb 2019. Asked the company for updated PL, evidence of training and a statement why is the employee (my husband) important to the company.

Documents uploaded on 18 Feb 2019

Status changed from Received to Further Assessment

Profession Cabinet maker

Can someone upload my info please

Welcome. Please update your signature using the following link - https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/

• Thanks 1