9 minutes ago, TimTam said:

Dear all,

our 186 TRT visa was granted today!

Nomination and visa both granted today.

2 people

LR country

Teacher

Applied 12 Feb 2018.

Like everyone else i have been checking this forum and emails multiple times a day.

Good luck everyone

congrats guys, crack open the bubbly

11 minutes ago, TimTam said:

Dear all,

2 people

LR country

Teacher

Applied 12 Feb 2018.

Like everyone else i have been checking this forum and emails multiple times a day.

Good luck everyone

Congratulations !!!!

Hi Admin, Please add following detail to excel file thanks.

State: NSW

Stream: Temporary Resident  Visa - ENS 186 DE
Number of applicants: 1 Primary(Myself) and 1 secondary applicant (Wife)
Nomination lodged:  15th June 2018
Application lodged: 15th June 2018
IMMI Status: Received

Thank you

On 18/11/2018 at 13:04, Suusz said:

I am planning to do the exact same thing! It is possible on a 457 to go for unpaid leave overseas so do you still have a valid 457 at that time? Otherwise you need a bridging visa B and ask for approval first of immigration.

only little risk is that they might question if you are really needed in your position if you can leave for 6 months

I am on a bridging visa and have been since July last year- I have already applied for bridging visa B and got one as I was in some sort of fairy land thinking England were going to make the World Cup final- but they didn’t so I didn’t go back haha. 

But your right - they would question if there’s a genuine need but then how would they know I was on leave unless they asked for further documents? 

Whats your thoughts? 

1 hour ago, kenidelos said:

Heya! 

I'm on a 457 and applied for PR DE in Feb this year. My MA advised me not to go back home for more than 4 weeks. He said that I could get away with going for more, but would be risking getting my 457 cancelled. 

If you are on a 457 I would certainly not advise you to leave for so long. I don't know how bridging visa works, but like Suuz mentioned, you may be risking them questioning the legitimacy of your position if you can be away for so long.

Hi 

thanks for your reply- I’m not on a 457 I have been on a bridging visa since July 2017. 

Food for thought with the legitimacy of position. 

I have to go back though as my brother is getting married and so is my best friend and I have the hens parties and weddings spread out across English summer so not financially possible to fly back and fourth 4 times in 6 months and there’s no way I’m missing it! 

I have already missed so much! Waiting for this visa. 

4 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

I am on a bridging visa and have been since July last year- I have already applied for bridging visa B and got one as I was in some sort of fairy land thinking England were going to make the World Cup final- but they didn’t so I didn’t go back haha. 

But your right - they would question if there’s a genuine need but then how would they know I was on leave unless they asked for further documents? 

Whats your thoughts? 

Why risk it, if not absolutely necessary? 

I was in a similar situation and had to accept to basically put everything on hold whilst getting the visa grant. 

At the end of the day, it's your choice / risk really, might also be worth while bouncing it off an agent as well though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hex said:

Why risk it, if not absolutely necessary? 

I was in a similar situation and had to accept to basically put everything on hold whilst getting the visa grant. 

At the end of the day, it's your choice / risk really, might also be worth while bouncing it off an agent as well though. 

I can’t miss my brothers wedding and my best friends wedding- I’m 100% going back. There’s no question on that. 

Guess I should just hope they approve my visa- it will be 24 months by that point .... I mean surely they will open it soon! 

Hi everyone,

My agent called me today! Visa granted! It has been 12 stressful months but finally we have it 🙂 best Christmas present.

Application submitted: 17/11/2017

Nomination approved: 22/05/2018

Visa granted: 16/11/2018

DE, 2 people, Medical Health Information

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi everyone,

My agent called me today! Visa granted! It has been 12 stressful months but finally we have it 🙂 best Christmas present.

congratulations mate, what's your birth county and occupation?

2 hours ago, Bellabonkers said:

Hi 

thanks for your reply- I’m not on a 457 I have been on a bridging visa since July 2017. 

Food for thought with the legitimacy of position. 

I have to go back though as my brother is getting married and so is my best friend and I have the hens parties and weddings spread out across English summer so not financially possible to fly back and fourth 4 times in 6 months and there’s no way I’m missing it! 

I have already missed so much! Waiting for this visa. 

I totally understand. 

I was planning to go for a 2 month holiday this year but had to cancel as my migration agent adviced it might raise questions by the CO, if I would even get one to pick up my case. I chose to not risk it after all this hard work and go next year.

at this point im losing hope that it actually will come anytime soon. I see grants here everyday from feb 18 and it makes me feel like im part of the lost pile at immigration.

we can not put our lives on hold forever because it might affect our case. This waiting limits us in so many ways and its not healthy. They have to understand that when we get our PR we will also go on holidays!? Sometimes longer than others.

anyway I would advice to take in consideration how badly you want or need this visa. I am not too desperate anymore and miss even the Netherlands a bit as well! Faith will decide

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi everyone,

Congratulations !!!!

5 hours ago, TimTam said:

Dear all,

2 people

LR country

Teacher

Applied 12 Feb 2018.

Good luck everyone

Congratulations!!! Xxxx