10 minutes ago, Freedompr said:

Hey everyone,

My partner and myself applied for 186 TRT when we were working in Sydney but the same company we are working for relocated us in Perth.

Should we update our current address on the visa application or not?

If we update it, we are wondering if the time processing might be faster as WA is a regional area?

Thanks

As per my view, Yes you need to update your current address. But not sure  processing might be faster as WA is a regional area? as your stream is not a regional sponsored one.

Hi Guys

Its not a visa grant unfortunately, but I had some news finally, nomination approved.....16/11/18 details below and could someone please update the spreadsheet for me?

Nomination & Application Submitted: 29th January 2018

Category: 186 TRT

No. Applicants: 1

Processing team: NSW PSE

STSOL / Skill level 1

Thank you

4 minutes ago, JamalinOZ said:

Hi Guys

Its not a visa grant unfortunately, but I had some news finally, nomination approved.....16/11/18 details below and could someone please update the spreadsheet for me?

Nomination & Application Submitted: 29th January 2018

Category: 186 TRT

No. Applicants: 1

Processing team: NSW PSE

STSOL / Skill level 1

Thank you

Well smack me down with a big giant feather, i just logged into Immi online to see my visa was granted yesterday 21/11/18 - Shame my migration agent isn't very quick!!! 

Please update the sheet - no further info requested.

Ta

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JamalinOZ said:

Well smack me down with a big giant feather, i just logged into Immi online to see my visa was granted yesterday 21/11/18 - Shame my migration agent isn't very quick!!! 

Ta

Congratulations.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JamalinOZ said:

Ta

So You got your visa grant. Congrats mate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamalinOZ said:

Ta

Did you submitted form 80?

3 hours ago, Freedompr said:

Hey everyone,

My partner and myself applied for 186 TRT when we were working in Sydney but the same company we are working for relocated us in Perth.

Should we update our current address on the visa application or not?

If we update it, we are wondering if the time processing might be faster as WA is a regional area?

Thanks

You need to update you address - immigration have that as a requirement. Any address and circumstance (in this case) changes need to be made aware to immigration. 

1 hour ago, Friskycharmer said:

See an email from my MA

C3793614-EC0D-4CE2-9B81-E9087F199849.png

As far as i'm aware the new PROPOSED law to cut the migrant numbers is just that - still a proposal. I haven't seen any literature that shows otherwise. 
Please let us know if you / your agent has information to shows otherwise - I know the number was going to be 30 000 (less).

The processing time of Visa186 TR is 12-18 months now.

I think it`s a good news, right? Because in last month the data was 15-17 months.

I see many people get their PR in this forum recently and most of them lodged their nomination in February, which means their processing time is about 8-9 months. So I think 12 months for 70% applicants is the maximum time not the minimum.

We all understand why there is 17 or 18 months for the processing time, it`s just a trick that DIBP don`t want people who lodged in May or June 2017 to call them up. (Visa 457 was abolished in April 2017 and many people just submitted their applications in a hurry)

So, my question is:

What`s happened in these 2 months and why the processing time drops dramatically?

Please correct me if I`m wrong, thank you!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Friskycharmer said:

This is my opinion Based on conversations with my MA. 

Before Xmas people who logged applications in jan, feb, March should see there visas processed or at least the nominations approved. 

That would be great 

Before Xmas people who logged applications in jan, feb, March should see there visas processed or at least the nominations approved. 

Hey @Friskycharmer that would be amazing!! I also spoke to my agent and like many before have said, there are a huge number of factors that determine the speed of the application, but two main ones: job title and company turnover. I'm skilled in a rare occupation (not another applicant on the spreadsheet) so that's a positive, but as my business is classified as small (less than 2 million annual turnover) that it will take longer. They told me not to expect to hear anything about nomination or visa until Feb-April next year.....but it would be a hell of a Christmas present!! 

That is lovely, how about people that apply ages before that?😵

I recently spoke with my MA, and he told me that now they can see that most applicants get result in 12 months. He also said that they have some sort of meeting in July with others MA and submitted a complaint to prime minister about processing time, as it is an absurd. And employers did the same, as they need skilled workers to fill up the position. So everyone is pretty pissed off of this situation. I just hope that it will start to move quicker than it is now. Most of my friends,who applied a 1.5 years ago, got their PR in 6 months. And we have to wait twice longer. That is totally unfair.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Friskycharmer said:

Which year? Because I’m on 30 June 2017 and still received 

On 12/11/2018 at 15:57, Hex said:

If you got your nomination, it should be (usually) a quick turn around for the CO to either grant the visa, or request documentation. Let's hope it's the better of the 2! 

Hi,

Question about nomination approval - my nomination was submitted by my company's MA and I submitted the visa application myself. Will I know thru immi if the nomination has been approved or I need to be informed by the MA?

On 13/11/2018 at 11:02, Hex said:

@BenoitThanks mate, much appreciated! 

- My wife had only added up to the last 8 years, they are very strict on this and needed the full 10 years of past residence (including any police clearance for any country you've lived for more than 12 months). We had to complete tons of information at the bottom of the form (they provide additional space for extra details). we just labeled it as "section x - continued".
- I would recommend to everyone / anyone to do a form 80. It's a pain but is so easy for the CO to ask for it, which will only delay things longer. Also, you should already have everything needed to compete it. So there is no real reason not to. 

Remember updating your application does not slow it down at all, unless its a request from the CO. 

Thanks for the tip. If we submit form 80 through immi, under which document category should it belong to?