49 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

Yes. While I would never do such a thing, this whole process has taken such a toll on me and those around me. Financial, stress, the unknown, hurdles along the way. I was so pleased to eventually submit my application after 5 years here in Aus but since then there have been more stresses and the wait time has tripled (when I applied I was told 6-8 months). 

My friends and family have moved away so I have no hometown/ friends to go back to in the UK. Myself and my Aus partner feel like we cannot make long-term plans, my expired police checks and health checks werent even looked at, not a day goes by where I don't stress about the outcome, especially with rumours and growing concerns in changes in immigration such as removal of my job title, and rejecting companies with small turnovers. 

I also may have to make a decision next month on whether to withdraw and apply for a more certain partner visa as, as of Feb my 457 runs out as this has taken so long (I mean if I wait for answer and it is a no when I am on bridging visa, I cannot then apply for another visa) . This means all my expenses and time and effort and stress was for nothing which is so disheartening, as well as having to pay another $7k for a new visa. 

I try to be positive and know I am in a better position than others, but you still cannot help it affecting you, especially seeing so many Feb/March approvals and knowing your life plans come down to 1 persons decision. 

Praying for an Xmas miracle and good luck to everyone. 

You just said everything that I want to say.

I think we`re all the same, it`s an unfair game.

Good luck!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

My Application has now moved from Received to Initial and then Further Assessment today

They have requested a AFP Police Check. This was done in February, it has been resent today. Hoping good news follows soon.

TRT - 186 Visa, ICT Sales Rep, 12th Feb applied.

Congratulations bro. How come they ask AFP you submitted it in Feb 2018? Its not even 1 year......

This was my MA's fault.. He only uploaded the Receipt for the AFP as he said this would suffice. I even sent him the copy of the actual AFP Cert which was sent to me a few days after the Receipt but he never uploaded it.. Slightly annoyed about it, but this is the only thing the CO has asked for and it's been uploaded on the same day. No news on the Nomination either.  Fingers crosses a Golden Email comes through soon though. 

Edited by Tomlfc1992

11 minutes ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

This was my MA's fault.. He only uploaded the Receipt for the AFP as he said this would suffice. I even sent him the copy of the actual AFP Cert which was sent to me a few days after the Receipt but he never uploaded it.. Slightly annoyed about it, but this is the only thing the CO has asked for and it's been uploaded on the same day. No news on the Nomination either.  Fingers crosses a Golden Email comes through soon though. 

Oh I see. Thats why I thought its weired. Once yours being assessed you will get a golden mail very soon. Hope you get it.

• Like 1

Silent reader - just got my golden email today.

I'm JS in March 2018 in the spreadsheet.

I applied for nomination and visa on 1st of March, 186 DE, University Lecturer, direct grant, no contact whatsover.

Perfect timing, leaving work now to celebrate!

Good luck everyone!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JS_186 said:

I applied for nomination and visa on 1st of March, 186 DE, University Lecturer, direct grant, no contact whatsover.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations i hope i would be next lodged on march 3.

I am very happy to say I received the grant today. Golden email came this morning from my MA. I am feeling much light now. My details :

application submitted on 15th February 2018 under Developer Programmer job code with two applicants me and my wife. 

I wish good luck to everyone  who are waiting  for their golden email to come. Big Thanks to this forum. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Sch said:

I am very happy to say I received the grant today. Golden email came this morning from my MA. I am feeling much light now. My details :

application submitted on 15th February 2018 under Developer Programmer job code with two applicants me and my wife. 

I wish good luck to everyone  who are waiting  for their golden email to come. Big Thanks to this forum. 

Congratulations !!!!

12 hours ago, JS_186 said:

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations @JS_186! Thanks for sharing the info. I am also University Lecturer. Hope mine would come in a similar timeframe. It's currently hard for me to plan anything without knowing when it will be granted. 

On 23/11/2018 at 23:33, Sch said:

Congrats 🙂

On 23/11/2018 at 14:33, JS_186 said:

Good luck everyone!

Congrats, great to see one come through from March. 🙏

Hi All,

Silent reader for a while and now posting 🙂  I am currently on a 457 and applying for the 186. I have done everything through a migration agent and didn't complete the health assessment until recently (under my migration agents guidance) due to the lag time associated with VISA processing. I know lots of people who applied in Jan and Feb getting their VISAs now (partner, and 186) so I am hoping that I will get mine before Christmas! Talk about early Christmas present!!!

Can someone please post my details in the spreadsheet?

State: VIC
Birth Country: Canada (Low-risk)
Stream : Temporary Resident VISA ENS 186 TRT
# of applicants: 1
Nomination application and approval: Jan 2018
VISA lodged: March 17th 2018
IMMI Status: received

41 minutes ago, LaurenJS said:

Hi All,

Silent reader for a while and now posting 🙂  I am currently on a 457 and applying for the 186. I have done everything through a migration agent and didn't complete the health assessment until recently (under my migration agents guidance) due to the lag time associated with VISA processing. I know lots of people who applied in Jan and Feb getting their VISAs now (partner, and 186) so I am hoping that I will get mine before Christmas! Talk about early Christmas present!!!

Can someone please post my details in the spreadsheet?

State: VIC
Birth Country: Canada (Low-risk)
Stream : Temporary Resident VISA ENS 186 TRT
# of applicants: 1
Nomination application and approval: Jan 2018
VISA lodged: March 17th 2018
IMMI Status: received

Good call from your agent on delaying the Health Assessment - this way you wont have to worry about it running out and having to fork out the extra cash to do it again.