26 minutes ago, SAJ.N said:

But this is ridiculous. I already got a police check which was valid till few months ago and I have been here in Australia .So how can I commit any crime there while I'me here that they ask for updated one! 

I sometimes think they just do this because they already achieved their quota of approving visas and its just a way of them buying time if they know your visa should be approved. Its just a theory though!

54 minutes ago, SAJ.N said:

Have you been more than 3 months outside Australia since you police check had been expired?

No. I was not. 

Unfortunately, you will have to play with their rules. If they request for one, you will need to get one. Justifying things may delay it further Im afraid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAJ.N said:

But this is ridiculous. I already got a police check which was valid till few months ago and I have been here in Australia .So how can I commit any crime there while I'me here that they ask for updated one! 

Totally agree. I did not even go to NZ after application.

On 26/11/2018 at 14:03, MP007 said:

After compiling most of recent comments these are people waiting since 2016-17

MP007, Sema, TRN, Toryalis, Masha, Rani1985, Praveen, MEB, maria8999,  123stella, Flav , CD_waiting , Gighen87, MichaelD0411 , Lion , AlvinQi, Suusz, Angeleeloo , Bellabonkers, RP007 and Tiziana

4 from 2016 and 17 from 2017. 

Best of luck to all of you. Hope we all get approval this year.

I think it may be good to discuss some possible reasons behind the delay. 

a) CO (e.g. change of CO, maternity leave, etc.)

b) Nomination by a small firm??

c) Occupation

d) Any issues in the application (e.g. convictions, work experience from an unknown employer, previous visa refused by AU or other countries) 

e) ??

Edited by PKH

Just now, PKH said:

b) Nomination by small firm??

c) Occupation

d) Any issues in the application (e.g. convictions, work experience from an unknown employer, previous visa refused bu AU or other countries) 

e) ??

My guess is occupation and company size/ turnover play big parts. With some staffing issues thrown in. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PKH said:

c) Occupation

d) Any issues in the application (e.g. convictions, work experience from an unknown employer, previous visa refused by AU or other countries) 

e) ??

Even if smone is having conviction they can still process application according to wht law says if it says it doesn't pass character test they shuld refuse it or otherwise grant it but they were delaying applications for no reason is not fair. Smone got refusal after 31 months. How is tht fair why dnt they refuse within time frame how can it take 31 mnths to refuse smone

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deep1991 said:

Even if smone is having conviction they can still process application according to wht law says if it says it doesn't pass character test they shuld refuse it or otherwise grant it but they were delaying applications for no reason is not fair. Smone got refusal after 31 months. How is tht fair why dnt they refuse within time frame how can it take 31 mnths to refuse smone

I know but nothing is fair in this world 😞 I believe there are some reasons behind the delay...I do not believe in randomness.    

13 minutes ago, PKH said:

c) Occupation

e) ??

In my case, I been nominated by a small firm and moreover this there first Nomination.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LaurenJS said:

Is there any reliability that companies with large #s of staff get accepted/granted earlier?  Or certain positions?

If you have followed this forum for a while, I think there is a pattern-- definitely roles that are now removed from wanted list taking a v long time. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Silent reader here for the past month.

I got the gold yesterday! Got sore face muscles as I can't stop smiling since 🙂

- Transition stream

- Two applicants

- Civil Engineer

- Nomination lodged 09-02-2018 and approved 07-11-2018

- Visa applied 16-03-2018 and approved 27-11-2018

What's interesting my partner (de-facto) is overseas at the moment and CO rang my MA to clarify if she's coming back soon. Shortly after that bang - granted!

I realize I'm a lucky one seeing all others with much longer wait - stay strong people!

All the best

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, mich said:

Hi All,

- Transition stream

- Two applicants

- Civil Engineer

What's interesting my partner (de-facto) is overseas at the moment and CO rang my MA to clarify if she's coming back soon. Shortly after that bang - granted!

I realize I'm a lucky one seeing all others with much longer wait - stay strong people!

All the best

Congrats you lodged your visa after me you were so lucky mate. Lets hope i would get it this week :)

Did anyone here have to do the nomination on behalf of his company in the case of a 186 TRT? I need to ask some info as the HR person in my company is completely useless, and I'm sure that she is not honest with me as she just want to avoid the topic. 

The MA asked for an update for the nomination (long story short, the HR person did submit the nomination, and the MA did the application), but the HR said that the portal doesn't give any update on the nomination. is that true? Can anyone help me with that?

2 hours ago, maria8999 said:

If you have followed this forum for a while, I think there is a pattern-- definitely roles that are now removed from wanted list taking a v long time. 

I have only been following for about a month, but it has been a good source of positivity knowing that other people are getting accepted. 

My occupation is still on the list. Feel like occupations that have been removed would almost be more of a priority? 

2 hours ago, mich said:

Hi All,

- Transition stream

- Two applicants

- Civil Engineer

All the best

Congrats mate.

I am having a question, can  anyone clarify me?

My company also lodged my 186 visa on February 2018 and still its in RECEIVED status.

I am not sure what is the difference between the Nomination Lodged Vs Visa applied? I am not able to understand what level is my application based on the status

10 minutes ago, V1980 said:

Congrats mate.

I am having a question, can  anyone clarify me?

My company also lodged my 186 visa on February 2018 and still its in RECEIVED status.

I am not sure what is the difference between the Nomination Lodged Vs Visa applied? I am not able to understand what level is my application based on the status

You can lodge your application in 2 parts (company nomination, then personal application) or both together (quicker outcome). 

You cannot see when they open the nomination (company part) as this contains private company info, but when a decision is made on this part you will be informed. 

' received' just means they have got your application but has not been opened. 

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

A silent reader here, got my PR granted last evening.

My timeline:

Applicants - 3

Country - India

Occupation - Software Engineer

Stream - 186 DE

Nomination & Visa Applied - 28 Feb 2018

Nomination approved - 13 Nov 2018

RFI - 16 Nov 2018 ( my 10 month old son medical exam)

Information Provided and Further Assesment - 21 Nov 2018

186 Granted - 27 Nov 2018

Best of luck to everyone waiting.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, ishantnu said:

Hi Guys,

A silent reader here, got my PR granted last evening.

My timeline:

Applicants - 3

Country - India

Occupation - Software Engineer

Stream - 186 DE

Nomination & Visa Applied - 28 Feb 2018

Nomination approved - 13 Nov 2018

RFI - 16 Nov 2018 ( my 10 month old son medical exam)

Information Provided and Further Assesment - 21 Nov 2018

186 Granted - 27 Nov 2018

Best of luck to everyone waiting.

Congratulations !!!