8 hours ago, Friskycharmer said:

See an email from my MA

C3793614-EC0D-4CE2-9B81-E9087F199849.png

In another words..

You've already paid my fees, and they are the ones who doesn't want to process your file..

Public outcry?  I wish but waiting for a pr we probably are more less than 1% of the Australian population, when politicians are pushing the rest of the population (the one that counts because they vote) trying to convince them that we stealing jobs to Australians and because of us the cities are overpopulated

At list this MA has a nice way to reply emails

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qttt186 said:

I have seen few people applying offshore in the spreadsheet. Does anyone know whether there is any difference in processing applications lodged onshore and offshore? Are onshore applications given priority over offshore applications?

Yes only for review the decistion after the application been refused. On shore applicant have right to go for AAT but off shore NOT. And there is no difference for the processing time of application whether it is onshore or offshore. They follow the standard set time.

20 minutes ago, Jharvey said:

Hi,

How do I access my application if it has been lodged by a MA?

The only application I see when i log into my personal immi account is previous application that have been lodged, not the current application.

Thanks.

If your application has been lodged, then that'll mean that you would have received a bridging visa(s), which would contain a TRN reference number.

Login to your Immi account, click on the "import" button and follow the steps (you should just need to enter your reference number) - that'll then import your application where you should be able to view and monitor your visa process. 

Edited by Hex

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

If your application has been lodged, then that'll mean that you would have received a bridging visa(s), which would contain a TRN reference number.

Login to your Immi account, click on the "import" button and follow the steps (you should just need to enter your reference number) - that'll then import your application where you should be able to view and monitor your visa process. 

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Friskycharmer said:

See an email from my MA

C3793614-EC0D-4CE2-9B81-E9087F199849.png

Like how honest your MA was. I asked the same question and got a much tamer answer that hinted at this but didn't outright say it.

Problem is this policy seems to be working with voters, same with the nonsense around citizenship, they have people believing that you can get it after 1 year in Australia as a PR. They always forget to mention that you have to be in the country for 4 years with 1 year PR. 

Hopefully, they have slowed it down enough now and keep the same levels so the wait times stop increasing.

15 hours ago, Friskycharmer said:

This is my opinion Based on conversations with my MA. 

Before Xmas people who logged applications in jan, feb, March should see there visas processed or at least the nominations approved. 

My nomination approval took only 3 months to get approved, i dont why they are taking much time to grant visa.

I had applied nomination in nov 2017 and it got approved on 19th Feb 2018. Hope as you said i would hear the news before christmas.

Edited by ajk

Hey guys, long time lurker (actually since I applied for a partner visa back in 2010!)

I was very fortunate to receive my visa grant this morning but I was never on the spreadsheet so wanted to update here. 

186 TRT

LR

1 Applicant

Applied: Feb 16th 2018

Granted: Nov 23rd 2018

i actually have no idea when the nomination was approved because work used a migration agent who were going to contact me when approved  I assume that it must have been approved together  

I know I haven’t waited as long as some so I just want to wish you all good luck!

Also because it’s been a hot topic I uploaded form 80 yesterday because I didn’t want to have any delays if it was needed. 

• Like 4

Migration Program 2018/19
----------------------------------------------------

There has been much media speculation and statements from government about the number of permanent visas to be granted under the 2018/19 migration program.

In my view the numbers for the program year up to June 2019 are going to be much closer to the cap of 190,000 rather than the previous year's 163,000.

The Prime Minister seems to be trying to please the extreme right of his party and also garner some extra votes in the upcoming Federal Election. The timing of the steps he has announced (State Government meetings in December 2018 and a decision to be announced in the Budget of April 2019) will not allow any changes to impact on the 2018/19 figures. Rather they will reflect on the cap for 2019/2020. (If they are in government).

Also the current government is likely to be not returned in the upcoming Federal Election where the opposition Labor party are a strong favourite to win. The Labor policy is likely to be much more generous to migrants from past history.

Finally the amount of current permanent visas already lodged and waiting a long time for their decisions, and the 2,500 invitations given to the 189 category over each of the last few months all point to a program much more likely to be near 180000/190000.

For now until we hear something different we will assume that the 189 invitations are likely to stay around 2500 each month as this will be consistent with the number of invitations issued in 2015/2016 and 2016/17 (just over 30,000 per year) before the now disposed Peter Dutton had his change in policy for 2017/18.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed email

40 minutes ago, wikileats said:

Hey guys, long time lurker (actually since I applied for a partner visa back in 2010!)

I was very fortunate to receive my visa grant this morning but I was never on the spreadsheet so wanted to update here. 

186 TRT

LR

1 Applicant

Applied: Feb 16th 2018

Granted: Nov 23rd 2018

i actually have no idea when the nomination was approved because work used a migration agent who were going to contact me when approved  I assume that it must have been approved together  

I know I haven’t waited as long as some so I just want to wish you all good luck!

Also because it’s been a hot topic I uploaded form 80 yesterday because I didn’t want to have any delays if it was needed. 

have you submitted Overseas Police Clearance Certificate with your application 

Edited by Mustung

8 hours ago, GTRZ said:

Migration Program 2018/19
----------------------------------------------------

There has been much media speculation and statements from government about the number of permanent visas to be granted under the 2018/19 migration program.

In my view the numbers for the program year up to June 2019 are going to be much closer to the cap of 190,000 rather than the previous year's 163,000.

The Prime Minister seems to be trying to please the extreme right of his party and also garner some extra votes in the upcoming Federal Election. The timing of the steps he has announced (State Government meetings in December 2018 and a decision to be announced in the Budget of April 2019) will not allow any changes to impact on the 2018/19 figures. Rather they will reflect on the cap for 2019/2020. (If they are in government).

Also the current government is likely to be not returned in the upcoming Federal Election where the opposition Labor party are a strong favourite to win. The Labor policy is likely to be much more generous to migrants from past history.

Finally the amount of current permanent visas already lodged and waiting a long time for their decisions, and the 2,500 invitations given to the 189 category over each of the last few months all point to a program much more likely to be near 180000/190000.

For now until we hear something different we will assume that the 189 invitations are likely to stay around 2500 each month as this will be consistent with the number of invitations issued in 2015/2016 and 2016/17 (just over 30,000 per year) before the now disposed Peter Dutton had his change in policy for 2017/18.

I agree with you.

To be honest, what concern us so much now is about the processing time and the successful rate.

11 minutes ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

My Application has now moved from Received to Initial and then Further Assessment today

They have requested a AFP Police Check. This was done in February, it has been resent today. Hoping good news follows soon.

TRT - 186 Visa, ICT Sales Rep, 12th Feb applied.

All the Best and Congratulations 🙂 

Edited by ajk

Hi Guys.................

Golden email arrived five minutes ago!

Occupation - hospital pharmacist

State -QLD

Stream  ENS 186 Direct entry

Number of applicants  -1, LR country

Nomination applied - 28/2/2018

Visa applied - 02/05/2018

Nomination granted - 14/11/2018  - request for new AFP

AFP submitted 22/11/18 (last night)

Visa granted - 23/11/2018

I know I've been extremely fortunate  - wishing you all good news and happy emails going forward. There will be blips but you'll get there x

I'm off to arrange a night out on the lash!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Patty83 said:

Hi Guys.................

Golden email arrived five minutes ago!

Occupation - hospital pharmacist

State -QLD

Stream  ENS 186 Direct entry

Number of applicants  -1, LR country

Nomination applied - 28/2/2018

Visa applied - 02/05/2018

Nomination granted - 14/11/2018  - request for new AFP

AFP submitted 22/11/18 (last night)

Visa granted - 23/11/2018

I know I've been extremely fortunate  - wishing you all good news and happy emails going forward. There will be blips but you'll get there x

I'm off to arrange a night out on the lash!

Congratulations Enjoy the moments 🙂  So you applied your visa on 2nd of may 2018 you are really lucky.

Edited by ajk
  • Like 1

Congratulations to those granted visas in the last few days, while these account for a small fraction of the applications defo seems to show more movement recently 

I applied late Feb under the trt scheme and am starting to think as my occupation is only a fitter that in the department eyes isn't a priority occupation so expect a long wait ahead..

hope I'm worng

52 minutes ago, qfmouse said:

Should let more people know this story.

Yes. While I would never do such a thing, this whole process has taken such a toll on me and those around me. Financial, stress, the unknown, hurdles along the way. I was so pleased to eventually submit my application after 5 years here in Aus but since then there have been more stresses and the wait time has tripled (when I applied I was told 6-8 months). 

My friends and family have moved away so I have no hometown/ friends to go back to in the UK. Myself and my Aus partner feel like we cannot make long-term plans, my expired police checks and health checks werent even looked at, not a day goes by where I don't stress about the outcome, especially with rumours and growing concerns in changes in immigration such as removal of my job title, and rejecting companies with small turnovers. 

I also may have to make a decision next month on whether to withdraw and apply for a more certain partner visa as, as of Feb my 457 runs out as this has taken so long (I mean if I wait for answer and it is a no when I am on bridging visa, I cannot then apply for another visa) . This means all my expenses and time and effort and stress was for nothing which is so disheartening, as well as having to pay another $7k for a new visa. 

I try to be positive and know I am in a better position than others, but you still cannot help it affecting you, especially seeing so many Feb/March approvals and knowing your life plans come down to 1 persons decision. 

Praying for an Xmas miracle and good luck to everyone. 

Edited by maria8999
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2