16 minutes ago, Gomzi said:

Nomination applied in October 2017 and visa applied in May 2018 later on nomination approved in July 2018 but visa status still received....can anyone have any idea about the time of finalisation of visa.....expect a probable reply from all of you.....

I think you will hear from immigration before Xmas yay!! Fingers crossed!! All the best

• Thanks 1

Hi Poms in Oz family, 

Does anyone know where we stand with unpaid leave whilst our visa is still processing? 

In Feb of next year I plan to go back to the uk for 6 months- I am hoping I have a visa by then but just trying to gauge worse case scenario. 

I have been waiting 19 months so far so would like to think I should be soon however as a hairdresser I know that might not be the case. 

If I go on unpaid leave and they open my visa will there be an issue? 

Thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, Bellabonkers said:

Hi Poms in Oz family, 

Does anyone know where we stand with unpaid leave whilst our visa is still processing? 

In Feb of next year I plan to go back to the uk for 6 months- I am hoping I have a visa by then but just trying to gauge worse case scenario. 

I have been waiting 19 months so far so would like to think I should be soon however as a hairdresser I know that might not be the case. 

Thanks in advance. 

I am planning to do the exact same thing! It is possible on a 457 to go for unpaid leave overseas so do you still have a valid 457 at that time? Otherwise you need a bridging visa B and ask for approval first of immigration.

only little risk is that they might question if you are really needed in your position if you can leave for 6 months

On 18/11/2018 at 06:05, Bellabonkers said:

Hi Poms in Oz family, 

Thanks in advance. 

Cant be sure but you should be allowed for 3 months in total of unpaid leave without affecting the visa 

38 minutes ago, ajk said:

Does anyone received grants today?

I'm sure people are receiving grants every day, This forum is only a small amount of fish in the an ocean waiting. while I'm been positive about the wait I don't now expect to get good news till the new year.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 17:19, Hex said:

I just received my visa grant. 
I don't need to tell you guys that words cannot even explain this feeling... 

Please update my case on the spreadsheet;
Below is my full timeline.

09/01/2018: Nomination and visa application
30/08/2018: s56 requested more documentation (form 80 and character update for my wife - she didn't add the full 10 years of passed living address)
-- Submitted back within 3 days.
08/10/2018: Nomination approved
09/10/2018: s56 requested additional documentation. Now that my son was passed 2 years old, they needed a TB scan (both children had a medical already), once passed age of 2, they have to provide a TB scan as well (for certain countries).
-- Submitted back within 8 days.
12/11/2018: Visa grant received. 

This forum has helped me tons and don't worry - I'm not going anywhere.
-- Knowing how hard and stressful this process is, I've decided to stay dedicated to try and help anyone, with anything I can with regards to this process. 

Welcome mate and well done 

• Like 1

On 16/11/2018 at 14:04, ajk said:

Congrats @Diamond Nine my MA said it is taking 8 to 9 months irrespective of what they are showing the processing times on their website.They are usually on papers.But they are not that slow because this subclass is priority 2.

hi, can you please update your timelines in spreadsheet?

2 minutes ago, sawar said:

oh yes Sorry, and heartiest Congratulation 🙂

mate my visa is not yet granted. i got a message from you to update the spreadsheet i think you want to ask @Hex instead of me. Anyway thanks for your wishes i will take it when my visa is granted 🙂

Edited by ajk

23 minutes ago, ajk said:

mate my visa is not yet granted. i got a message from you to update the spreadsheet i think you want to ask @Hex instead of me. Anyway thanks for your wishes i will take it when my visa is granted 🙂

Best Luck @ajk, I pray that you get golden email soon, fingers crossed 🤞sorry for the confusion

• Like 1

On 18/11/2018 at 08:05, Bellabonkers said:

Hi Poms in Oz family, 

Thanks in advance. 

Heya! 

I'm on a 457 and applied for PR DE in Feb this year. My MA advised me not to go back home for more than 4 weeks. He said that I could get away with going for more, but would be risking getting my 457 cancelled. 

If you are on a 457 I would certainly not advise you to leave for so long. I don't know how bridging visa works, but like Suuz mentioned, you may be risking them questioning the legitimacy of your position if you can be away for so long.

2 minutes ago, TimTam said:

Dear all,

our 186 TRT visa was granted today!

Nomination and visa both granted today.

2 people

LR country

Teacher

Applied 12 Feb 2018.

Like everyone else i have been checking this forum and emails multiple times a day.

Good luck everyone

Congrats. Did u submit form 80