Guest bradfords
50 minutes ago, Fida said:

If you are DE then your processing time is somewhere 7-15months If i'm not wrong, You can only get some response if you cross this estimated time Frame

53 minutes ago, Moreno said:

Hey all,

I have applied for my visa under de domination scheme Temporary Transition on 19/12/2016 and now 13 months later (31/01/2018) I'm still waiting for it...

I have already contacted agent, immigration... but no updates. Their site says a wait from 7 to 10 months...

Has anyone experienced the same 

We are in a similar situation to u we applied DE, only we have been waiting 17 months today. We emailed immi asking them to allocate our application, we explained that the wait is starting to effect our children, we explained that our eldest son is leaving school I'm June and he will have to make life choices, to be able to do that he needs to know where he will be living.

We received an email back today saying that they won't prioritise, just the standard email saying no ! 

Prioritising would mean putting us before others, as we have been left behind everyone else it's hardly prioritising lol its just doing what we've paid them to do.

This whole process is a total nightmare, I'm lucky I still have a job to go to with the amount of time they have left this.

I have a feeling that they have met their numbers for certain trades including hairdressers. I don't think I'll have my application picked up until the new tax year in July.

Only time will tell.

Edited by bradfords

Everyone is facing different types problem. Our file was in processing until our restaurant owner sold his business. Now dept wants reasonable answer from us that Justify your reason nd situation. Our MA trying very hard. It seems that we are stuck somewhere. Earlier dept did not show any interest when we were eagerly waiting for checking . Now nothing in our hand except their decision. Wheather it will good or bad. We spend money and time as we were waiting for May 2016.I wish this could not happened with anyone.

I've been trying not to whinge or panic too hard (my visa is very time sensitive for reasons I can't go into!) but the process times and the way customers are being handled is actually appalling. Its my third visa run after two 457's and this is by far the most painful. A friend of mine recently had her PR approved after two years for a TRT project manager. Two years! She has been in the country working for 8 years at a large, approved sponsor institution. Astonishing really that a country built on its immigrant workforce is acting so nonchalent towards the very skilled labour that made this country what it is today. I agree with the tightening up of visa categories/occupations/requirements where workers are being exploited or there is an over-supply, but to undermine the skilled visa process by what I believe to be a strategy of under-resourcing that leads to many to become ineligible is pretty low. 

Rant over!:biglaugh:

Guest bradfords
21 minutes ago, Riya cool said:

Everyone is facing different types problem. Our file was in processing until our restaurant owner sold his business. Now dept wants reasonable answer from us that Justify your reason nd situation. Our MA trying very hard. It seems that we are stuck somewhere. Earlier dept did not show any interest when we were eagerly waiting for checking . Now nothing in our hand except their decision. Wheather it will good or bad. We spend money and time as we were waiting for May 2016.I wish this could not happened with anyone.

This is my second application. The first time we applied in 2015 we waited 8 months and the salon shut down just before they picked up our application so I know how awful it is for you as we have lived through it.we lost best part of £9000 pounds as there is 5 of us on the visa and medicals and police checks were all done.

Worst part isn't the money but the 2 years prep and waiting that we waisted.we had to start right from the beginning paying again another £6.000 for visa and it's looking like we'll have to pay for new medicals £770 and pcc checks.

Most stressful time of our lives

Good luck with your application x

Guest bradfords
17 minutes ago, parveen said:

I think they are not allocating hairdresser for now iam also waiting 16 months now hairdresser DE I contact immigration but they ask me to wait I don’t know how long

Totally agree ?

Today we received a call from someone saying to be from Border Protection. He asked for my boss and gave his mobile for my boss to call him back. Said it was nothing to worry about, just to confirm some information about the business.
Before I could reach my boss I spoke with one of our migration lawyers (we have two!) and he said that it was most likely a scam. That no one from Immi give their mobile phones and he has heard about something dodgy going around.
Once I spoke with my boss I gave him all this information. He rang the number anyway and the guy asked who was being sponsored at the moment, how the 457 visa has helped/affected the business, what my boss thinks of the visas in general. It sounded really weird but I guess we will never know it was a legit call from Immi or not.

No nothing yet .... I called immi the other day ... he said my docs are all good...my file is waiting for the nomination to be approved...I asked agent to find out what’s happening on nomination file...he said to wait and also said even if he ask immigration...they will just say ...assessment in progress...they won’t tell what’s happening at the Backend...so just waiting

In my case, I already got the nomination approved on 3rd of August 2017, and applied for the visa on 28th of August 2017, now my file has been allocated by a CO because he requested more documents on 3rd of January, 2018, and we submitted it on 25th of January, 2018, and on the same day our status was changed to be “Assessment in progress”.
When do you think they can grant it?
By the way, the 28 days is finished today.
Can anyone of you have an answer to me?
As really down and crying.

1 hour ago, Ranjeet said:

Is anyone here on software engineer and waiting for approval since last year. I thought its a good occupation for immi and all others in this category got approval except me ?

When did you apply bro?? My colleque who is a doctor got her visa approved after 13 months... don’t worry mate !!

1 hour ago, bradfords said:

This is my second application. The first time we applied in 2015 we waited 8 months and the salon shut down just before they picked up our application so I know how awful it is for you as we have lived through it.we lost best part of £9000 pounds as there is 5 of us on the visa and medicals and police checks were all done.

Worst part isn't the money but the 2 years prep and waiting that we waisted.we had to start right from the beginning paying again another £6.000 for visa and it's looking like we'll have to pay for new medicals £770 and pcc checks.

Most stressful time of our lives

Good luck with your application x

You are right that it’s not all about money but that time.. let’s see what will happen.i am not lucky as because your family is with you and my husband is in Australia but I m in my home country.i don’t have any visa to go there and meet my husband earlier I applied tourist visa but they reject so my husband applied my PR. Lets see what dept will decide

Edited by Riya cool

Hey guys, with all these crazy stressful cases I’m reading on here, insane wait times, affecting lives, etc, has anyone given their story to the media? Some of these extreme cases some media may pick up on it which could put immi under pressure to sort it out if it got coverage. Or they may just take the stance that we’re foreign so it’s tough we just have to deal with it...and we’re lucky to even have the chance to live here.... just a thought tho....

26 minutes ago, Riya cool said:

You are right that it’s not all about money but that time.. let’s see what will happen.i am not lucky as because your family is with you and my husband is in Australia but I m in my home country.i don’t have any visa to go there and meet my husband earlier I applied tourist visa but they reject so my husband applied my PR. Lets see what dept will decide

Same me and my son are in India .. my husband has applied for 186 visa .. my son is going to be 1 next month.. hope we all get together soon 

9 minutes ago, Vic154 said:

Hey guys, with all these crazy stressful cases I’m reading on here, insane wait times, affecting lives, etc, has anyone given their story to the media? Some of these extreme cases some media may pick up on it which could put immi under pressure to sort it out if it got coverage. Or they may just take the stance that we’re foreign so it’s tough we just have to deal with it...and we’re lucky to even have the chance to live here.... just a thought tho....

Yes good idea .. m in ..

2 hours ago, MGB said:

In my case, I already got the nomination approved on 3rd of August 2017, and applied for the visa on 28th of August 2017, now my file has been allocated by a CO because he requested more documents on 3rd of January, 2018, and we submitted it on 25th of January, 2018, and on the same day our status was changed to be “Assessment in progress”.
When do you think they can grant it?
By the way, the 28 days is finished today.
Can anyone of you have an answer to me?
As really down and crying.

I waited 3 weeks after the 28 day cut off point for them to pick it up on one of the occasions. They could very well request further documents once they do open it up again as well. I went through multiple 28 day waits and it is the worst. 

All totalled I was nearing 14 months from application to grant. Mine was tricky and likely put into the too hard basket for awhile as well as I declared separation with my spouse during the process. 

The wait is hard and only gets harder, but that feeling of disbelief and joy when you do get it is amazing. Goodluck 

Guest bradfords
9 hours ago, Riya cool said:

That's awful that you can't be with your husband. I really hope you get a decision soon x best of luck x

13 hours ago, Rai said:

Anyone waiting more than 11 month as TRT 186 cook , mine eleventh month abt to finish bit still in immi acount it says 7 to 10 month and received 

Exactly same as my case. I am wating for 11months trt cook ens as well.no news as all still received.

just received my golden email now, status changed directly from received to finalised without asking any documents, although my partners medical was expired couple of months ago, i thought they will ask for re-examination, but they did't asked for...can't express my feelings, we are very excited and wish all of you surprising grants soon.

nomination date 10/02/17

Nomination granted 30/06/17

visa date 30/06/17

granted 01/02/2018

Edited by AliNa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3