Hi to All,

I am new on this forum and very happy to know all of our friends are on same boat, don't have any other option except waiting and waiting.

Dear friends, I do have few question on which i do believe any of you can help on this, before that i have to tell my story first.

I have got 457 visa on 21 september 2014 for 1 year because of my sponsor restaurant was new in business. I again apply visa on 20/9/2015 and on this time it took 5 months to get approval, so on 20/02/2016 i got 457 visa for 4 more years. According to the law after 2 years we can apply for PR(ENS 186) so i applied on 10/10/2016 for ENS 186 visa so from that day i am on bridging visa A and its been nearly 5 months waiting period.

My questions are:,

1. As per migration agent though now i am in ENS Bridging Visa A, I don't have to apply Bridging Visa B to travel to other country because i still have valid 457 visa for 3 years more, IS THIS TRUE ?

2. As i applied second time 457 visa on 21/9/15 after 1 year visa finish, at this time it took 5 months to get approval, so i was on bridging visa on that time period. Is that 5 months will be counted or not.

3. As i don't know whether my Employer have paid my superannuation or not and pretty much sure they haven't paid in that case what will be happen. Does immigration ask for the paper of superannuation or not. Does any one know on this forum to which immigration ask for the superannuation paper too.

My Migration Agent don't say anything on this and always ignore my question as he is from the Employer side.

Please guys help me on my question.

Thank you all and all the best for all of you to get PR asap.

Regards,

G

Hi G,

1) since your 457 is still valid, you do not need Bridge Visa B for travel in and out of Australia.

2) 5 months counted for what? For PR? As you were able to lodge Transition 186 visa application on 10-10-2016, it means that it's counted. Sorry, if I misunderstood your question.

3) it's the prerogative of IMMI to ask for any document that they deem fit for nomination or visa application. Difficult to comment on your specific question.

Hope it helps.

Pls note: I am not a professional or expert in this area. My comments is based on general google and through various forums such as this. I advise you to take professional help if something is bothering you.

Cheers...

Hi to All,

I am new on this forum and very happy to know all of our friends are on same boat, don't have any other option except waiting and waiting.

Dear friends, I do have few question on which i do believe any of you can help on this, before that i have to tell my story first.

I have got 457 visa on 21 september 2014 for 1 year because of my sponsor restaurant was new in business. I again apply visa on 20/9/2015 and on this time it took 5 months to get approval, so on 20/02/2016 i got 457 visa for 4 more years. According to the law after 2 years we can apply for PR(ENS 186) so i applied on 10/10/2016 for ENS 186 visa so from that day i am on bridging visa A and its been nearly 5 months waiting period.

1. As per migration agent though now i am in ENS Bridging Visa A, I don't have to apply Bridging Visa B to travel to other country because i still have valid 457 visa for 3 years more, IS THIS TRUE ?

2. As i applied second time 457 visa on 21/9/15 after 1 year visa finish, at this time it took 5 months to get approval, so i was on bridging visa on that time period. Is that 5 months will be counted or not.

3. As i don't know whether my Employer have paid my superannuation or not and pretty much sure they haven't paid in that case what will be happen. Does immigration ask for the paper of superannuation or not. Does any one know on this forum to which immigration ask for the superannuation paper too.

My Migration Agent don't say anything on this and always ignore my question as he is from the Employer side.

Regards,

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi G,

1) since your 457 is still valid, you do not need Bridge Visa B for travel in and out of Australia.

2) 5 months counted for what? For PR? As you were able to lodge Transition 186 visa application on 10-10-2016, it means that it's counted. Sorry, if I misunderstood your question.

3) it's the prerogative of IMMI to ask for any document that they deem fit for nomination or visa application. Difficult to comment on your specific question.

Hope it helps.

Pls note: I am not a professional or expert in this area. My comments is based on general google and through various forums such as this. I advise you to take professional help if something is bothering you.

Cheers...

Hi syd 2016

Thank you for your suggestions, lets see what will other friends suggest on this.

Thank you

I understand mate, this is bit stressful time. Don't worry mate your number will come soon too.

Yes mate.. They started processing September files.. You might hear some news this week if you're lucky.

They might have forgotten my file [emoji45]

How do you not know if your employer has paid your superannuation or not, can't you tell by the balance in your super account?

My answer to 1. is not as optimistic as Syd2016, to my understanding you can only travel with Bridging Visa B even if you had 457 visa before, 457 is not valid any more and you fully operate under Bridging Visa A terms. I might be wrong though...

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ganeshji viewpost-right.png

Just read on the bridging visa condition, I thing your bridging visa a no in effect because you currently have a valid 457 visa so you can go overseas anytimes no need bridging visa b. Thats my opinion

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ganeshji viewpost-right.png

Just read on the bridging visa condition, I thing your bridging visa a no in effect because you currently have a valid 457 visa so you can go overseas anytimes no need bridging visa b. Thats my opinion

Actually you might be right, I have just read conditions of Bridging Visa and it does say that is not taking effect because of 457. Did not know that...

GANESHJI- with relation to your question 3. Im pretty sure your Superannuation payments for the year are stated on your PAYG summary. These will be requested by immigration. I could be wrong though

Edited by Nikki

GANESHJI- with relation to your question 3. Im pretty sure your Superannuation payments for the year are stated on your PAYG summary. These will be requested by immigration. I could be wrong though

Thank you Nikki,

i do have payg summary for two years but in that payg i don't think superannuation is included.

Thank you Nikki,

i do have payg summary for two years but in that payg i don't think superannuation is included.

PAYG Summary only lists additional contributions made by your employer, i.e. anything on top of minimum contribution required.

Your payslips should be showing super payments made to you.

You should look into this as your employer must pay super to you and that is your money.

@syd2016 @MANSON, maybe this forum is actually facilitated by IMMI and the posts by @jess6 et al RE their pattern of just approving 60-70% of cases each month, moving on the subsequent months and then, leaving the rest waiting endlessly has some truth to it? #ConspiracyTheory

If you look at the spreadsheet, a bunch of us have simply been de-prioritised and set aside while they moved on, approving newer cases to meet their benchmark or target. Technically, those standards should not exist for the 186 ENS! By the very nature of this visa type, we should all be high priority.

We've been calling IMMI regularly since late last year and each time, same response: despite our complete application, still NO CO and still processing MARCH 2016. Nearly 1 year and there have been grants up to September. How unfortunate could our group be???

And how can we have zero rights? Ridiculous. Once we're well beyond the average processing timelines, they should just provide honest, realistic timelines specific to our case because being in extended limbo affects everything. Yes, we're at your mercy, but this is still a paid service and we deserve some sort of explanation.

@Gary1985, no news yet as above - the whole process now makes me mad.

@ganeshji, your BVA doesn't activate until your 457 expires. so YES, you can still travel. We went overseas on our 457 despite BVA being granted for the same reason.

Folks, its weird that the posts of this forum from 01-March-2017 onwards are gone/deleted/missing!! Does anyone has any clue about it?
Edited by Izzielizzie

Can someone please add me to the spreadsheet.

LR

4 people

457 transition

mechanic

Nom applied 18th May 2016

Visa applied 20 August 2016

Nom approved 29th Dec 2016

Info requested (aussie police checks expired - renew) 23rd FEB 2017

STATUS - information Requested

@syd2016 @MANSON, maybe this forum is actually facilitated by IMMI and the posts by @jess6 et al RE their pattern of just approving 60-70% of cases each month, moving on the subsequent months and then, leaving the rest waiting endlessly has some truth to it? #ConspiracyTheory

If you look at the spreadsheet, a bunch of us have simply been de-prioritised and set aside while they moved on, approving newer cases to meet their benchmark or target. Technically, those standards should not exist for the 186 ENS! By the very nature of this visa type, we should all be high priority.

We've been calling IMMI regularly since late last year and each time, same response: despite our complete application, still NO CO and still processing MARCH 2016. Nearly 1 year and there have been grants up to September. How unfortunate could our group be???

And how can we have zero rights? Ridiculous. Once we're well beyond the average processing timelines, they should just provide honest, realistic timelines specific to our case because being in extended limbo affects everything. Yes, we're at your mercy, but this is still a paid service and we deserve some sort of explanation.

@ganeshji, your BVA doesn't activate until your 457 expires. so YES, you can still travel. We went overseas on our 457 despite BVA being granted for the same reason.

Same here , still waiting . Check you pm.

Can someone please add me to the spreadsheet. LR 4 people 457 transition mechanic Nom applied 18th May 2016 Visa applied 20 August 2016 Nom approved 29th Dec 2016 Info requested (aussie police checks expired - renew) 23rd FEB 2017 STATUS - information Requested
Go ahead to add yourself and that is what I did. The spreedsheet does save your edits automatically. Just ensure that your info fits in the right order (sorted by nomination submission date).

You still haven't got any communication from Immi?

The HR department of my company is also quite surprised by the time needed for my visa.

I find that overall the last weeks have been very quiet - it feels like Christmas break again.

I am just waiting for next week to see what the new website brings.

When I read the news, I feel there is an overall tightening of the immigration politic in Australia at the moment: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-02/government-cracking-down-on-457-visas-for-fast-food-workers/8317432

Hi G,

even I was in the same boat like first 1 year visa then again applied took 4 months to get another 457 visa for 4 years, was about to apply for ENS in may as per my first grant visa date, but my MA said have to work for those 4 months again as I was inn bridgging visa that time it won't cover that 457 visa experience.

he said that we can lodge ENS by taking risk , but now a days Migration got bit strict so I said not a problem for me to work for 4 more months, which would be covering all 2 years of work on 457 visa.

anyway I'm going on holidays for 35 days. I have not taken any holidays or annual leaves in the last 2 years.

Hi to All,

Regards,

G

Hi G,

even I was in the same boat like first 1 year visa then again applied took 4 months to get another 457 visa for 4 years, was about to apply for ENS in may as per my first grant visa date, but my MA said have to work for those 4 months again as I was inn bridgging visa that time it won't cover that 457 visa experience.

he said that we can lodge ENS by taking risk , but now a days Migration got bit strict so I said not a problem for me to work for 4 more months, which would be covering all 2 years of work on 457 visa.

anyway I'm going on holidays for 35 days. I have not taken any holidays or annual leaves in the last 2 years.

Good morning everyone, my nomination for 186 via Transition was lodged end of Aug 2016 and Application lodged first week of Sept 3016. 2 people, LR. My company heard back yesterday from immi that they require additional information regarding training at my company? A colleague of mine at my company had her 186 Transition for 2 people approved a few weeks ago.

so my question is how can Immi require additional information regarding training at my company when they have approved a fellow colleague of mine who works for the same company without requiring any further information? It makes very little logical sense as we both work for the same medium sized business.

also how long will it take to hear back from them after my company submits the additional information regarding the training aspect?

And would anyone know what this type of information would be?

Many Thanks.