Permanent Residency granted yesterday.

Arrived in Australia March 2011

Timeline:

From 457 to 186 @ Perth

All paper done and sent to MA May12.

Sept 12 Application lodged (MA decided to wait 3 months before lodging).

No news

20/03/12 call from MA : CO allocated

21/03/12 PR granted

Cheers guys !

Edited by gil

Hi all, new here.

Timeline:

176 application 19 June 2008 (still waiting!!!!)

Now on second 457.

186 Nomination 23 Oct 2012

Application 13 Nov 2012

(decided not to waste money on MA)

both acknowledged

now still waiting...............4/5 months to date.

Good luck to all, been a stressful 5/6 years wondering every day.

Finally got my Visa Nomination - only 7 months later!!! The $3000 spent on applying for the visa before nomination approval has not been a gamble after all!

Time line so far...

Nomination application 27th August 2012

Visa Application 21st January 2013

Nomincation Approval 15th March 2013

Still waiting......

My wait finally ends here.... just got my visa grant notification:)

My timeline below

Visa Nomination - 09 Mar 2012

Nomination Approved - 14 Aug 2012

Visa Application - 15th Aug 2012 (NON-DRC, Field: IT)

Visa Grant - 25th Mar 2013

No notification of CO allocated, Last email received last week advising applications from Aug 1st week are being allocated. Thought it would go beyond Easter, but email just came in. All of a sudden, my stress is all gone!!!!!!!!!

All the best to everyone of you out there.... enjoyed every thread reading them under stress and didn't realise that I would be the one posting it too soooooooooon:) (endless wait)

Hi, i'm a regular on here but have had to change name. my partners employer have agreed to sponsor him for perm residency, he isnt allowed to tell anyone as he is the only one being sponsored and there a few people on here that he works with, hence change of name. Not sure what to do have emailed for quotes on agent fees, i've totalled up the cost of the visa/medicals etc. I would love to do the application myself but from what ive read i think its best to get decision ready with the application. Im not sure if i can go ahead and get the medicals or uk police checks done now though? Anyway wanted to say hello and i'll log my dates etc as they come up for the timeline :)

Hi, i'm a regular on here but have had to change name. my partners employer have agreed to sponsor him for perm residency, he isnt allowed to tell anyone as he is the only one being sponsored and there a few people on here that he works with, hence change of name. Not sure what to do have emailed for quotes on agent fees, i've totalled up the cost of the visa/medicals etc. I would love to do the application myself but from what ive read i think its best to get decision ready with the application. Im not sure if i can go ahead and get the medicals or uk police checks done now though? Anyway wanted to say hello and i'll log my dates etc as they come up for the timeline :)

If you read booklet 5 on the immi website it advises onshore applications to front load all aspects, including meds and police check. We did this, but made sure we got all the documents together ready to submit prior to doing this, so directly after we submitted. That way they had the longest shelf life possible.

Thanks Tickled pink :) I'm going to apply for police checks, am i right in reading we only need uk ones been in oz a year, my eldest is 16 wont need one for them will i?

Hope you all dont mind a few questions as i'm trying to get it straight in my head! Partner has had skills assessed, does his employer do the nomination with a MA? they have sponsored before but theres a new girl in the office and she was very vague when asked what happened next! they also asked if we were d0ing it by ourselves.

If we do it ourselves without MA - were to wait for nomination but have are meds/police check ready to submit? We could do with spending as little as possible as having a few children it will cost $2000 just for meds! But we need it asap as eldest leaves school end of the year!

If we go with MA will it speed things up by much? i'm confident i can do whats needed are case is straightforward.

No need to use an MA if both you and your employer feel confident you can manage the process yourself. We didn't use one, and we were fine.

We got all the paperwork required for the application together and did the meds and police checks last. They have a one year shelf life, so do them too early and you run the risk of having to repeat them at your expense.

We didn't have a trn number, the medical centre were happy to go ahead without one once we stated which visa we were about to apply for. They knew it could be front loaded.

An MA will not necessarily speed up an application, read posts on this thread for proof. We didn't use one, yet got our visa in just four months, a heck of a lot quicker than most people.

Hi all! Great thread - I've read it all and it's been extremely useful.

Thought I'd add to the conversation in order to add some new timelines to the mix.

I am going down the ENS 186 route...

Nom applied: 12 March 2013

(my employer told me that they had an automated response but no other contact as of yet)

My employer, although the sponsor of many 457s has not yet sponsored anyone on a 186 and I'm a little worried about putting my visa application in. However, I dont want to be waiting forever!!

I do have a quick question to all those on here... do you recommend that I now contact a MA and get their help with a DR application? It seems that doing this may cut time from the application. What do other people recommend? Is it less $$ if the MA just does half an application... worth asking I guess!

I think the application process for these permanent residences is quite lightweight. Last year I applied for a tourist visa to India. This was more complicated than the 186 application. So, in my view a MA is a complete waste of money. That said, I have to admit that I am still waiting for my visa (applied in Aug 2012).

I think the application process for these permanent residences is quite lightweight. Last year I applied for a tourist visa to India. This was more complicated than the 186 application. So, in my view a MA is a complete waste of money. That said, I have to admit that I am still waiting for my visa (applied in Aug 2012).

We did it ourselves, and while I have to agree we found it pretty straight forward, I do acknowledge we had a straight forward application. I think that for every 'easy' application there ar probably 2 or 3 that aren't, and so an agent for those people is money well spent.

Also worth considering, not everyone is good with paperwork, interpreting rules, regs etc etc So again, whilst we were well able to negotiate it all, I can understand how others may not be.

Each to their own I say. :)

Sent NSW (Paramatta) an email and this is the reply:

Dear Client,

Thank you for your e-mail and apologies for the delay in responding.

The case has been allocated to a case officer.

The case officer is : XXXX XXXXX

I have copied them into this email, so they may respond to you.

Regards,

So what does this mean, its in the pile or the CO is working on the application?

So:.................................

"PROCESSING TIMEFRAMES

Once your application is allocated to a case officer they will attempt to conduct their assessment in the following working week. If a decision cannot be made quickly they will write to you and provide their contact details."

Are they suggesting I should hear something by no later than next Wednesday (being the Working Week?) I suppose if I don't I will be on the pile.

Although I do have the name of the CO...........

Had a bit of an update today - our Employer Nomination application has been approved. Now waiting for our PR application to be approved. Not sure why they were not approved together as I thought they were submitted together. Our MA advised that due to a teething issue with the electronic lodgement that they were in fact lodged a couple of days apart.

Nomination Lodged - October 31st 2012 - Approved April 3 2013

Visa Lodged - November 3rd 2012 - Approval still waiting

Does anyone have any idea how long we are likely to be waiting for the visa approval?

Thanks

Had a bit of an update today - our Employer Nomination application has been approved. Now waiting for our PR application to be approved. Not sure why they were not approved together as I thought they were submitted together. Our MA advised that due to a teething issue with the electronic lodgement that they were in fact lodged a couple of days apart.

Nomination Lodged - October 31st 2012 - Approved April 3 2013

Visa Lodged - November 3rd 2012 - Approval still waiting

Does anyone have any idea how long we are likely to be waiting for the visa approval?

Thanks

How long is a piece of string? I have been waiting 6 months and 13 days :SLEEP:

Interestingly, I still have the status "Application received" but have communicated with me CO. He has requested some additional documents (medical) and has replied to a few more detailed questions I had. I have now completed the medical but not heard for a month from them, nor do they respond to emails any longer. I think this is all quite unpredictable.

WE GOT IT!!!!!

Nomination applied 28th Aug 2012 Non DCR Direct Entry

Visa applied 21st Jan 2013

Nomination approved March 2013

VISA GRANTED 6th APRIL 2013!!!!!!

We're on holiday currently - just thought I'd check my emails and what a lovely surprise!!!!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!!

WE GOT IT!!!!!

Nomination applied 28th Aug 2012 Non DCR Direct Entry

Visa applied 21st Jan 2013

Nomination approved March 2013

VISA GRANTED 6th APRIL 2013!!!!!!

We're on holiday currently - just thought I'd check my emails and what a lovely surprise!!!!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!!

Congrats!!

LATEST UPDATE RE. ENS 186:

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 7:54 AM, NSW PSE <nsw.pse@immi.gov.au> wrote:

Thank you for your email. At this stage your application has not been allocated to a case officer. Once the application is allocated, a case officer will contact you within 7 days of allocation. We are currently allocating applications received in July and August 2012. Thank you for your patience.

Administration Team

Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry (NSW, QLD, ACT)

Parramatta Centre of Excellence

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Telephone: 13 18 81

Fax: 02 8861 4439

Email: nsw.pse@immi.gov.au

Edited by owendoyle