The forms have security restrictions and wont let me do it! :( do you think it would be ok to send case officer the whole form without my siganture then a seperate attachment of my scanned signature page?

Generally you should print the entire form, sign the signature page, and scan the entire form again, and send that. They do not need an electronic copy of the form, just the PDF of a scanned signed form.

Well, our sponsors lodged their nomination 5 weeks ago and we lodged our visa application four weeks ago and today we got an email from a case office asking for medicals and form 80... I'm surprised and delighted - and slightly taken aback! Is it usually reasonably quick after a case office is assigned?

Thanks Tickled Pink and a few others for answering queries a few weeks ago

Hi All,

Very stressed Pom girl here.

My employer finally applied for the nomination for me 186, (with only 5 months left on my current visa) but we were using the 2012 check list so we didn't have all the right information uploaded (missing previous 2 years training benchmark). We have now since uploaded more evidence but i am worried its not enough and what affect this is going to have on the application. Has anyone applied for the nomination and visa separately? Does it take much longer? At the moment trying to fill out the online form and form 80 ready to apply.

Question - can I / should I book my medicals before i submit my visa application or do i need to wait?

Hi I've been following this the last few days - I was wondering if someone could give me advice - my company have lodged an application to sponsor me for a 186 direct entry visa - I plan to do it all myself but wondering how long I'll have to wait for the nomination to get processed and do I wait until I get approved nomination prior to lodging my application.

I have everything for the application ready - positive skills assessment, medical checks, police background checks etc - I'm wondering if I leave it too long - do I have to get the medical re done?

Also anyone any clue how long it takes to get processed if not using an MA - and once nomination is approved - would it be any quicker for me to get an MA to lodge it as decision ready.

Hi I've been following this the last few days - I was wondering if someone could give me advice - my company have lodged an application to sponsor me for a 186 direct entry visa - I plan to do it all myself but wondering how long I'll have to wait for the nomination to get processed and do I wait until I get approved nomination prior to lodging my application.

I have everything for the application ready - positive skills assessment, medical checks, police background checks etc - I'm wondering if I leave it too long - do I have to get the medical re done?

Also anyone any clue how long it takes to get processed if not using an MA - and once nomination is approved - would it be any quicker for me to get an MA to lodge it as decision ready.

Hi Jon,

I'm in the same boat as you - my company put through their side of the application on March 12th (non DRC) and I'm still waiting for a reply. Not heard a thing yet. I have all of the docs ready for my side of the application and I'm keen on getting my half in (I'm also keen to use a migration agent for my side as the processing times seem way shorter). However, like you, I'm unsure whether to wait or not. Waiting for the 'wait' to begin is agonising!

Also re: meds - I think they last a certain amount of time (maybe 6 months) but I would check on the immigration site or call medibank health for that info.

Hi Jon

I was in the same situation. My employer put their nomination in at the end of March and received their acknowledgement. It is this acknowledgement that gives you the TRN you need so you will need to get that off your employer (mine just forwarded their confirmation email).

Some on these boards advised that we should lodge as soon as we got that number and we asked the employer if this was wise.

They replied that the risk is that your employer will not be approved, in which case you will lose your application fee (about 3.5k AUD I think).

We judged that this was very unlikely so we lodged at the same time with all paperwork except police checks (waiting on FBI because we spent 2 years in the US) and medicals.

It worked out for us because last week we received the news that our employer had been approved and on the same day we got a case officer assigned. We have now had medicals and just waiting on the FBI checks.

So I think you have to decide if you think your employer will definitely be approved (the criteria are on the DIAC website somewhere and relate to the salary level of the job compared to the local market and their track record in training I think but don't take my word for it)... if you think they are a safe bet, our experience supports the view that you should go ahead and get it lodged, using the TRN they give you but it depends on who your employer is and your attitude to risking the fee.

We used an agent but not for full service just a one-off one hour session to go through the process and our paperwork and found it valuable.

Good luck

H

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just wanted to update you with timelines...

My company put their application in (non DRC) on 12th March 2013 and we have just been assigned a case officer today! (17th June 2013)

So, 3 months 5 days for the first half of my application.

I have decided to use a migration agent for my half... will be interesting to see the difference in time.

Will keep you all posted!

Louielou

Another update from me!

Nomination application lodged (non DRC) 12th March 2013

Case officer assigned: 17th June 2013

Asked for extra documents (training requirements): 24th June 2013

My company is working on putting extra things together (crossing everything!!)... will keep you all posted!

Louielou

Hi Everyone,

I have lodged my application yesterday and now waiting game starts

Nomination and visa application lodged together: 18th June 2013

Acknowledgement Receipt: 18th June 2013

Transition Stream

DRC thru MA

Cheers

Hi Saqibqu,

I am a newbie on this forum. Mine was lodged by MA DRC for Transition Stream too on 25 June 2013, both Nom & Visa App. Receipt for payment same day.

Did your agent upload all the supporting documents at the same time? Mine did not do so, she said next week after the system is up and running again. Is it too late and will that not make the application "valid", as in incomplete without the docs attached?

My agent also said that at this stage, DRC or not does not matter due to the large number of ENS applicants, it could take 4 to 12 months to get PR.

Here's hoping that we don't have to wait that long...,fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Hi Saqibqu,

I am a newbie on this forum. Mine was lodged by MA DRC for Transition Stream too on 25 June 2013, both Nom & Visa App. Receipt for payment same day.

Did your agent upload all the supporting documents at the same time? Mine did not do so, she said next week after the system is up and running again. Is it too late and will that not make the application "valid", as in incomplete without the docs attached?

My agent also said that at this stage, DRC or not does not matter due to the large number of ENS applicants, it could take 4 to 12 months to get PR.

Here's hoping that we don't have to wait that long...,fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Hi Chaz,

My application was DRC and MA uploaded all the documents together. It shouldnt be a problem because your MA will load it next week anyway and in between if they review your file they will send your MA an email asking for more documents so dont worry about it.

As far as timeline is concern it was taking maximum 9 months for those who applied around July last yr but what i have seen so far is that DIAC is processing application very quickly these days, i have notice 3 ppl who applied in May have already got their visa. And one other friend applied in mid May and CO has been assinged a week ago asking for more information his application was non-DRC. So i think 12 months is too much even 4 months seems alot i would say on average it takes 2-3 months. They definetly give priority to DRC and these application processed quicker as no more docs are required.

Which visa office you applied in ?

lets see what in store for us keep us updated!

Cheers

Edited by Saqibqu

Hi Saqibqu,

Thanks for your post. That's good to know DIAC is actually assigning CO as late as May. Parramatta CoE. It will be great to get approved in 2-3 months.

Regards,

Chaz

Edited by Chaz06013
That should have read "thanks".

My employer lodged application and supporting documents 30 May and he heard from CO who asked for other supporting documents on 27 June. So for us, we were assigned CO pretty quickly I guess?

We are NDR, no MA and for transition scheme.

Does anyone know what the cost of the medicals are? I cant seem to get the answer off the medibank website....

Hi Guys,

Just an update on my friend application.

Applied on 14 May 2013, Non-DRC thru MA

CO assigned on 13th June asking for PCC

Docs supplied in one week and visa approved 2nd July 2013

VO Sydney

Was your friend's application an ENS 186 too?

Another update from me!

Nomination application lodged (non DRC) 12th March 2013

Case officer assigned: 17th June 2013

Asked for extra documents (training requirements): 24th June 2013

Sent extra documents: Weds 3rd July

Company nomination approved: Friday 5th July

This was all Non DRC. Now just my application that I am using a migration agent for. Will keep you posted with that and will get to see the time difference.

Louielou