Congratulation TP!!!! really good news.

I have not got anything for mine that submitted in Aug through Perth.

Well at least you know that you may not hear anything at all until the visa is actually granted. I just thought we must have been sat in a big pile somewhere as we'd not heard anything about a case officer allocation etc. I think it must help if your application is straight forward (i.e. meds all ok, police check clear etc).

I'm going to try and work those dates out, now I believe the employer put in for nomination n 5th Sept, and we put our stuff in on the 7th Sept. From recollection the nomination was acknowledged on the 24th Oct, and our side about the 15th Nov.

What I would say is the the acknowledged for our side of the application wasn't, or didn't appear to be, an automated one.It provided details of the bridging visa (in case our 457 was running out) and also informed us that we had submitted a valid application. I understand that this means someone has looked at the paperwork just to ascertain that all the necessary documents are there ready for someone to just make a decision. The we herd nothing until the decision email, which it stated it had been granted.

That is great TP, you dont need to be to be too precise. I have a good idea. Thanks very much for that :)

Congratulations!

I wonder whether yours was so fast because it is non-DRC or because your office was simply faster. I submitted a DRC visa early August and had only the Ack. I decided not to front load the medicals though, as per advice. I wonder whether this makes a difference as well.

I would think that having everything front loaded would certainly speed a decision up, everything was there for them simply to look at, review and make a decision. We front loaded the meds as per the guidelines in booklet 5. As an extra (just thought of this) we also uploaded some workplace refs to further back up the resume, one of the refs was from HR and confirmed the dates of prior UK employment within it, thus adding an additional backing of the experience required in a field directly relevant to the postion. It all may have helped I guess.

Hi,

We are still waiting to hear about a case officer on our visa.

We submitted the Employer Nomination on October 31st, Lodged our Visa Application Nov 3rd and got acknowledgement on December 3rd.

Our migration agent gave us an update today to say that due to the new system our application was not acknowledged as decision ready. They sent an email to DIAC as per advice on Jan 11th to say that we submitted a Decision ready application and got an automatic response but thats it. Now just waiting.

Im not sure now if we will still be processed by our original lodgement date or if we will be behind as they did not send the email until Jan 11th.

Does anyone else have similar lodgement dates that can give me advice?

Thanks

I have similar dates, App and Nom filed on 12 Nov by MA for DRC.

Ack on 7th Dec . Am just wondering if the Agent has to send an email separately for a DRC ? My MA has not advised anything regarding this so far.

Edited by AKCH

Hi AKCH,

As far as I am aware they need to send an email, however often your MA will have done this and just not tell you. I only found out my MA had sent the email becaus I asked for an update.

I was initially advised that the visa processing time would be 2 to 3 months however it looks like its going to be a fair bit longer than this. Has your MA advised you on a timeframe?

I am a bit confused about this. Are MA applications faster than normal ones? I thought the timeframe for 186 assessments is 6 monts, according to the service standards. However, it is unclear whether this is an average, or a typical value.

I am a bit confused about this. Are MA applications faster than normal ones? I thought the timeframe for 186 assessments is 6 monts, according to the service standards. However, it is unclear whether this is an average, or a typical value.

I think at the moment it is very difficult to put any timeline on the process. The visa is so new, and the system has had a couple of glitches since its launch - I believe one of these has been the inability of the system to recognise DRC/Non-DRC entry applications. I understand that in theory DRC (MA) submissions are meant to be quicker, but at the moment there does not seem to be much difference in timeline between the two.

To add an actual submission to grant timeline, our non-DRC visa took almost 5 months exactly, so that may be some indication of waiting times. But ours was also a very straight forward case, with an employer who nominates regularly, so there may have been less paperwork etc to look at.

Edited by Tickled Pink

Hi AKCH,

As far as I am aware they need to send an email, however often your MA will have done this and just not tell you. I only found out my MA had sent the email becaus I asked for an update.

I was initially advised that the visa processing time would be 2 to 3 months however it looks like its going to be a fair bit longer than this. Has your MA advised you on a timeframe?

Hi,

MA sent an email advising that it may take up to 6 months and stated that generally they don't get any update unless Immigration needs any more details...so it's a quite period. Looks bit odd!

I applied for direct entry non DRC on Monday 21st! Nomination was applied for on 27th August 2012, acknowledgement letter followed a week or so after. Not heard anything back about the nomination approval so have taken a gamble and put the visa app in! Medicals are booked for Wednesday and then it will just be a continued waiting game - a long slow painful waiting game, that isn't actually fun at all!!!!!!

Hi have just discovered this thread. My employer who also sponsored me for 457 lodged their nomination on August 27th. They received an acknowledgement letter about a month later and I have heard nothing since :-( anyone else in the same boat?

Am waiting for approval before submitting my part of the application incase i loose $3000 but am wondering whether its worth taking a gamble on this?

my 457 runs out nov 2014 so would is be a reason for waiting so long? I am not a priority?

Also does anyone have any info on bridging visas (just incase it takes years)

thanks

Hi have just discovered this thread. My employer who also sponsored me for 457 lodged their nomination on August 27th. They received an acknowledgement letter about a month later and I have heard nothing since :-( anyone else in the same boat?

Am waiting for approval before submitting my part of the application incase i loose $3000 but am wondering whether its worth taking a gamble on this?

my 457 runs out nov 2014 so would is be a reason for waiting so long? I am not a priority?

Also does anyone have any info on bridging visas (just incase it takes years)

I'm the same my nomination was submitted August 27th. Not heard anything yet and I have taken a gamble and submitted the application! As far as I am aware they don't look to see how long your current visa has as a priority?! They have a timeline that they hope to get visa's processed - 6 months I think? In the meantime you are given a bridging visa which will allow you to stay in the country until the decision is made. The aknowledgement letter I got for the nomination said that nomination approval can take 5-7 months so like you I'm heading for my 5th month so am expecting some word soon!

I think the risk of not gettign approval falls on the employer and whether they meet training needs and labour agreements? So if you have an employer that has never done it before there might be a risk? I have gambled it as my employer has sponsored previously so fingers crossed shouldn't have any problems?....fingers crosssed!!!!!

Good luck!

Edited by LostMyWay

Thanks LostMyWay it's nice to know there is someone in a similar situation. Which stream are you in? I am in the second stream as had to get a skills assessment as was only here for 12 months at the time of lodging the nomination. I'm not sure if that has any impact either- I thought the first stream -the transition one was supposed to be priority.

Didnt get the acknowledgment letter, I was only told of it through my employer who received it. I'm wondering if I should have had one myself- but then I haven't actually applied yet so maybe that's why.

My employer is a large hospital who have sponsored lots of staff over the years so chances are it wouldn't get refused, but there's still that niggle at the back of my mind...

is it any faster if you submit all the documents do you think? Does is mean your application is decision ready if you do?

Hating all the waiting but at least I have some idea now - hopefully hear soon! Good luck you you too.

Thanks LostMyWay it's nice to know there is someone in a similar situation. Which stream are you in? I am in the second stream as had to get a skills assessment as was only here for 12 months at the time of lodging the nomination. I'm not sure if that has any impact either- I thought the first stream -the transition one was supposed to be priority.

Didnt get the acknowledgment letter, I was only told of it through my employer who received it. I'm wondering if I should have had one myself- but then I haven't actually applied yet so maybe that's why.

My employer is a large hospital who have sponsored lots of staff over the years so chances are it wouldn't get refused, but there's still that niggle at the back of my mind...

is it any faster if you submit all the documents do you think? Does is mean your application is decision ready if you do?

Hating all the waiting but at least I have some idea now - hopefully hear soon! Good luck you you too.

I am also the 2nd stream - Direct entry, I have more than 2 years work experience in Australia but have only been with my current employer 6 months so was not eligible for the transition stream. So unfortunately I also had to get a skills assessment which in my opinion was utter b******s! It took them 14 weeks and a fee that Ican't remember now just to get a certificae from my regulatory body to tell them I was ok to work!!!!! Anyway that was the last thing to get so once we recieved that we put in for the visa!

I am not sure if it speeds things up to apply before nimincation approval? I have read on here people who's nomination is approved then days/weeks later the visa is approved, alternatively I am sure there are people who put both in and are waiting months between? I think the system is so new it really is luck of the draw?!

Mine was not decision ready, decision ready is when you pay a migrant agent to pretty much go through the whole process and they deem it complete and I think all the case officer has to do is check and grant - the migrant agent takes the work out of it I guess? But only a migrant agent can deem it decision ready, so even if you are sure you have everything you can't claim it to be decision ready?!

I didn't get my acknowledgement letter, my HR manager has just forwarded me everything she got - I pester her a lot!!! She told me this week that she would email immigration to see if there was any progress on the nomination so I will keep you posted!

I guess it is a personal choice as to whether you apply without nomination and weigh up the risks! I am pretty sure I'll be ok but there is always that niggle that it might get rejected and we've just blown $3000! I just want it all in so all I have to do it wait! When you do apply upload all your documents, if you do it electronically there is an option straight away to upload your supporting evidence. You will be given a transaction reference number (TRN) and you can then log on anytime and check the progress and add anything you might later get or have forgotten to include! If you do all this then when you are allocated a CO they have all the eveidence and can make a decision. Otherwise they email you and ask for anything that they want to see - which obviously delays the decision. Also once you get your TRN you can book your medicals - that will be the last piece of the jigsaw and then it really is a waiting game!

Which office did you apply through? I went through Melbourne and what I can gather they are a little behind the other offices?! What profession are you in?

Anyway best wishes....

Hi like I say my employer lodged their nomination ive no idea which office though and they havent forwarded anything to me. im just sitting here waiting with all the documents ready to go as soon as i get a green light on the approval.Yes totally agree re the skills assessment, just money making. Thanks for the info on decision ready, seems very unfair they prioritise those who have gone through an agent?

Because you upload the documents electronically when you apply for the visa do they still have to be certified (justice of the peace etc?)

I am a midwife, how about you?

just watching the news in horror, whereabouts in oz you based? Looks like part of Brisbane due to go under soon. We live on a hill thank god.

Thanks so much for your info!

Hi like I say my employer lodged their nomination ive no idea which office though and they havent forwarded anything to me. im just sitting here waiting with all the documents ready to go as soon as i get a green light on the approval.Yes totally agree re the skills assessment, just money making. Thanks for the info on decision ready, seems very unfair they prioritise those who have gone through an agent?

Because you upload the documents electronically when you apply for the visa do they still have to be certified (justice of the peace etc?)

I am a midwife, how about you?

just watching the news in horror, whereabouts in oz you based? Looks like part of Brisbane due to go under soon. We live on a hill thank god.

Thanks so much for your info!

A migrant agent cost thousands of dollars so I guess that is why they're a priority over us few who decided to go alone!!

From my experience of electronically applying for 457 only the certificates needed to verified including:qualifications, ID's etc but I didn't have my AHPRA and letters including police certs verified and no questions were asked?

Im a mental health nurse in Melbourne so we've been lucky this end!

Just hope it all comes through quick so bored of waiting now its the new year!!!!

Hi all,

I was allocated a case officer today. My application was lodged on the 20th October through the Paramatta office. It seems that there is no order to the allocation of case officers

Great news for you! Pretty odd though since we applied the 26th of august non-DRC in parramatta with nomination approved back in june and heard nothing as of yet... Can only assume its not far away now...

I am not sure if it speeds things up to apply before nimincation approval? I have read on here people who's nomination is approved then days/weeks later the visa is approved, alternatively I am sure there are people who put both in and are waiting months between? I think the system is so new it really is luck of the draw?!

It can basically take half the time if you submit them together. My understanding is:

Nomination and Visa together = 5-6month wait for case officer, nomination assessed and if approved visa assessed.

Nomination and Visa NOT sent together = 5-6 month wait for case officer, nomination assessed and if approved..visa application sent. 5-6month wait for case officer, visa assessed.

I applied for 856 nomination in January 2012. It was finally approved in September. Applied for visa (under new 186 visa, non-drc, no agent, direct entry, paramatta) on Sept 25th and am still waiting for case officer. So basically 1 year + now!

Even a cricket game moves faster than Immigration.

Good luck with your app!

Edited by owendoyle

It can basically take half the time if you submit them together. My understanding is:

Nomination and Visa together = 5-6month wait for case officer, nomination assessed and if approved visa assessed.

Nomination and Visa NOT sent together = 5-6 month wait for case officer, nomination assessed and if approved..visa application sent. 5-6month wait for case officer, visa assessed.

I applied for 856 nomination in January 2012. It was finally approved in September. Applied for visa (under new 186 visa, non-drc, no agent, direct entry, paramatta) on Sept 25th and am still waiting for case officer. So basically 1 year + now!

Even a cricket game moves faster than Immigration.

Good luck with your app!

We submitted both together, non-DRC, Parramatta office, and were granted the visa in 5 months. I guess the only risk is losing your fee if nomination isn't approved for what ever reason. We knew ours would be fine, so we weren't worried.