Whats your timeline Ozkid? The 5-7 month prediction does seem to be about accurate at the moment.

HI Tickled Pink mine is not that older, I lodged it in 1st week of December, but it’s frustrating when ppl who are in priority 4 group are getting their visa quickly when we are on the higher priority then them and nothing is happening here … driving me crazy …. :arghh:

Patience is right! Applied for Nomination in January 2012. Once approved (8mts, Sept 12) send Visa Application in (186, non-drc, paramatta). Over 5 months now and still waiting for any form of communication.

Patience...:SLEEP:

Edited by owendoyle

Hi guys,

My MA submitted both the nomination and DRC visa at the same time to Parramatta on 21st December 2012, I know it's too soon to expect the visa to come through, but it's 2.5 months now and still no news of an ack letter - should I be worried about the lack of letter coming through? :unsure:

Hi guys,

My MA submitted both the nomination and DRC visa at the same time to Parramatta on 21st December 2012, I know it's too soon to expect the visa to come through, but it's 2.5 months now and still no news of an ack letter - should I be worried about the lack of letter coming through? :unsure:

Same here - MA after taking the money hasnt said a word although i only applied 1 month ago - visa and nomination together. got the visa ack letter when submitted the visa.

Just have to be patient i guess.

Can we contact Diac even if it is through an MA? will they delay your application if you do that??

givemeasign

Thanks a lot for the above information. After searching a lot i got an idea approximately how much DIAC taking to approve nomination. I am waiting for nomination approval its about two weeks almost I lodged an application. I am eagerly waiting for the approval as Iam running out of time.

Pls update your visa information as we can get an idea about time frames.

Thanks..

Hi guys , today got the nomination approved and just applied for the visa

Applied for nomination ;6 th sep

Approved ; 5 th oct

Visa ; 186 direct entry

Applied for visa : 5 th oct

Acknow letter : waiting

Thanks guys and good luck

Thanks alot for the above information, I was searching for the time frame that would takes to get nomination approval. I applied on 19 Feb 2013, I am eagerly waiting for the approval as I am running out of time. Hope to get it fast.

Pls update us with further processing information so that we all can get an idea of time frames.

Best of Luck and Thanks..

I finally got a case officer yesterday after nearly 7 months of waiting (applied through SkillSelect August 10, with all documents from the checklist). My case officer asked me to provide scans of "certified copies" of all my documents. I had supplied scans of the original documents. So if I understand this correctly, I am supposed to photocopy all my original documents, ask someone to "certify" that they are "true copies of the originals", and then scan and upload those? How on earth is that supposed to be better than scanning and uploading the original documents? Does this make any sense to anyone?

That still doesn't make any sense to me at all. All the JP would be certifying is that the photocopy is an accurate photocopy of the original. But how is an accurate photocopy better than the original for scanning and uploading? Also, some of the documents are electronic documents, such as pdf files generated by websites. How am I suppoosed to get those "certified" as being accurate copies when there is no original hard copy?

Well I'm just telling yo uexactly what we had to do, and we were granted our visa in January - so it worked! Whether you feel it makes any sense or not is kind of irrelevant... if that's what your CO has asked for, that's what you need to do. We did/have, and are now PR.

Yep, pretty much. It's the signature and stamp of the JP on the copy of the actual document that you upload that needs to be there as for the CO to see - that's what we figured anyway (we did it for everything - birth certs, marriage licence, passport pages etc). I can't tell you much more than that, as I don't work in that field. I can only tell you what we did (which sounds exactly what they are asking you to do) and advise that we were sucessful in getting our visa granted.

I believe coloured scanned are ok, yes Big John, and it does state this in booklet 5 - however, to be on the on the absolute safe side we colour scanned and got them certified by the JP prior to uploading them. It doesn't take long, and it possibly cut approx a month off our waiting time over all as the CO didn't have to follow anything up, just simply review all the docs in front of him and make a decision.

We actually uploaded everything, as per the checklist (we were non-DRC), colour scanned and certified (belt and braces approach), and heard nothing from our CO at all other than a single email to tell us our visa was granted. Our visa from submission to grant took 4 months and 10 days - so whatever we did worked well, and we were faced with no queries - hence why I am very happy to advise how we did things where I think I can, to help others have as painless and fast process as possible.

Same here - MA after taking the money hasnt said a word although i only applied 1 month ago - visa and nomination together. got the visa ack letter when submitted the visa.

Just have to be patient i guess.

Can we contact Diac even if it is through an MA? will they delay your application if you do that??

givemeasign

It's not a very good idea as DIAC will only talk to your MA. I don't think it will slow the process down, but it wouldn't make it go any faster and you risk annoying the MA if you say anything.. Not too sure why, but that's what I've been told by an immi lawyer friend of mine and I'd trust her.

Hi TT,

the scaned copies you have up loaded are in black and white or color? what I learned from other threads is that the scaned copy does not need to be certified if they in colored.

is it right? Tickled Pink?

I had colour scanned all the hard copy documents. A few documents were electronic so I just attached the pdf's that I had received. I asked my CO about this on the phone and she replied that it doesn't matter if they are black and white or colour but they need to be certified copies.

I had colour scanned all the hard copy documents. A few documents were electronic so I just attached the pdf's that I had received. I asked my CO about this on the phone and she replied that it doesn't matter if they are black and white or colour but they need to be certified copies.

Well that is your answer then, get to a JP if you want a visa!

Afternoon peeps

Just thought I'd throw our application into the mix.

We've been here 6 mths on a 457 ENS and have just applied for 186 through MA, decision ready, front loaded with medicals and police checks.

So...

Visa & nomination applications placed : 4th March 2013

Office : Parramatta

Acknowledgment : 5th March 2013

Now for the long wait......

Edited by RobertaSparrow

I believe coloured scanned are ok, yes Big John, and it does state this in booklet 5 - however, to be on the on the absolute safe side we colour scanned and got them certified by the JP prior to uploading them. It doesn't take long, and it possibly cut approx a month off our waiting time over all as the CO didn't have to follow anything up, just simply review all the docs in front of him and make a decision.

We actually uploaded everything, as per the checklist (we were non-DRC), colour scanned and certified (belt and braces approach), and heard nothing from our CO at all other than a single email to tell us our visa was granted. Our visa from submission to grant took 4 months and 10 days - so whatever we did worked well, and we were faced with no queries - hence why I am very happy to advise how we did things where I think I can, to help others have as painless and fast process as possible.

Thank you! I thought it might be the case